• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two golden tyrants clash! Sinestro-Parallax vs. Golden Freeza!

Mickey1940 said:
since when does (not having emotions) = (not being able to feel emotions)
also, Sinestro's Low 2C rating is from Parralax, who scales to Ion, who empowered someone to fight with Superboy Prime, who scales to Pre-Crisis Superman, who I think is Baseline Low 2C

Frieza should be far, FAR above baseline

Unless I am wrong (which is likely), I'm gonna go with Frieza for now. Frieza's method of dealing with fear is shating out as much energy as he can to the thing that scares him, which would not go well for Sinestro.
So...

Sinestro Parallax = Parallax > Ion > Someone >= Superboy Prime >= Pre-Crisis Superman > Baseline Low 2-C (Arguably).

Frieza straight up 1-shots if that's the case.

Golden Frieza (Broly Saga) > Super Saiyan Blue Goku (Post-ToP) > Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta (Post-ToP) > True Glimpse Jiren > Post 2nd-UI SSBKKx20 Goku > SSBKK Goku > SSB Goku > Casual Jiren > 1st UI Goku > Infinite Zamasu = Baseline

It seems to me like Frieza could one-shot (based on scaling) but Sinestro's fear hax could leave him crippled.

I guess, as a DB fan, I will have to reluctantly vote for Sinestro. It doesn't seem like his fear manipulations are limited based on physiology or the person's history with the emotion.

To be fair to my fanboyism for Dragon Ball...this IS Frieza going against what is, essentially, the embodiment of fear itself.

CryoTheMayo said:
It seems to me like Frieza could one-shot (based on scaling) but Sinestro's fear hax could leave him crippled.
I guess, as a DB fan, I will have to reluctantly vote for Sinestro. It doesn't seem like his fear manipulations are limited based on physiology or the person's history with the emotion.

To be fair to my fanboyism for Dragon Ball...this IS Frieza going against what is, essentially, the embodiment of fear itself.
It's not that Frieza "could" 1-shot, Frieza based on scaling would flat out just breathe hard enough like Beerus did to the Hakai Ball and it'd be game. There's many, many, straight up stomps in the scaling chain above.

By 'could' I am stating that Frieza 'could' one shot Sinestro if not for the circumstances of the raw fear hax that he has access to.

Granted, AP does scale with other physical capabilities such as speed so I am curious if Sinestro-Parallax has his fear active constantly or if he has to actually use it.

CryoTheMayo said:
By 'could' I am stating that Frieza 'could' one shot Sinestro if not for the circumstances of the raw fear hax that he has access to.
Granted, AP does scale with other physical capabilities such as speed so I am curious if Sinestro-Parallax has his fear active constantly or if he has to actually use it.
Sinestro has feared someone enough to immobilize?

CryoTheMayo said:

Speed is Equal

Is the fear hax passive?

Because the way it's being explained by the Sinestro voters, Sinestro just shuts down Frieza the second the fight starts.

Mickey1940 said:
Also, Frieza > Post ToP Goku and Vegeta?
What?
Goku and Vegeta combined were stomped and could barely phase Broly. Their total screentime (COMBINED) against Broly is less than 20 minutes and their overall length of fighting him was likely much smaller (due to DB fights having heavy time dilation). Frieza took on Broly for over an hour and was described in the novel as budging Broly, slowing him down, with his attacks and that Broly would actively dodge Frieza's strongest punches (whereas Broly took Goku and Vegeta head on, even their Galick Kamehameha).

Frieza's durability and stamina practically transcends the capabilities of Goku and Vegeta and his own raw power was capable of phasing Broly as much, if not more so, than Goku and Vegeta were depicted as capable with combination attacks.

It is, in my mind, undeniable that Frieza holds a considerable edge over either of them individually and he is arguably superior to their powers combined (considering the novel feats were over half an hour into Frieza's fight against Broly).

Wouldn't Freeza just one shot Sinestro even if he's heavily influenced by fear? Freeza, in character, would immediately kill whoever he thinks is threatening. Could be wrong tho.

Sinestro influences fear in a way that makes his opponents too afraid to fight

Even assuming Frieza somehow goes through it, which he won't, Sinestro manipulates his fear so he does.

Sinestro's fear Hax puts Star Wars Mind Hax to shame, and this is coming from me of all people

Given what Matt and Assalt said recently, DB's Low 2-Cs are just unquantifiable above baseline and don't one-shot anyone anymore.

The real cal howard said:
Given what Matt and Assalt said recently, DB's Low 2-Cs are just unquantifiable above baseline and don't one-shot anyone anymore.
It's not like they're done discussing it, the thread's still up and that was pretty much Matt's only post.

Yes, especially if what Cal says its true

Though I want to be 100 percent sure if it is passive but even then I know he uses it a ton

nevermind, thought it was the revisions thread.

"Cal is 100% correct. The Dragon Ball Fanbase needs to stop being so obssessed with scaling chains and multipliers and numerically quantifying everything, because it gets ridiculous. The best you can say about Dragon Ball characters without getting into the comically absurd it's that they're immensely above baseline 3-A down to an unquantifiable amount. That's it.

Arbitrary Multipliers for Training Boosts, Transformation Boosts, Zenkai Boosts and what have you are not canon, and are not valid ways of debating. Get your mind out of the Seth gutter."

He's not saying they don't oneshot either, he still agrees that they're way stronger than baseline.

The real cal howard said:
This is... completely ridiculous when the Low 2-C scaling chain has several "easily lolstomps X character into the ground" moments. If you have 4 instances of "complete stomping" the previous character, you flat out cannot say the strongest of that chain cannot 1-shot the weakest of that chain. There is simply no competition whatsoever.

Back