• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two golden tyrants clash! Sinestro-Parallax vs. Golden Freeza!

This can maybe happen, now! Summoning restricted (yes, I realize it probably won't get added because of this), battle starts on the Rainbow Bridge to the Bifrost Chamber in MCU's Asgard, combatants are 20 meters away from each other, speed equalized, SBA.

Sinestro :

Incon:

Freeza :

UR Golden Frieza INT HD
Really? I was just thinking the same of you...

Kisspng-parallax-sinestro-green-lantern-hal-jordan-superhe-5b597299727cc7.140801731532588697469
You'd make a fine addition to my Corps...

The AP difference doesnt really matter. Frieza will be instantly overwhelmed with fear as soon as the fight start. Sinestro has full control over Parallax 1 who embodies all of the fear in the universe. He made the guardians of the universe feel fear without even trying 2 . The guardians apart from Ganthet and Sayd dont even have emotions. Frieza really doesnt stand a chance here.

Ganthet and Sayd are susceptible to the sensitivities of the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum, and have no known instances of Resistance to Empathic Manipulation, which Freeza does, tho'.

Who has Sinestro forced fear upon to a crippling level? Frieza has expressed empathic manipulation resistance and is often treated, referred to and considered the most terrifying being in the universe, perhaps even multiverse.

It's also worth noting that Frieza's fear has never been depicted as cowardice. His fear results in him simply going insane and trying to kill the thing that terrifies him (See Super Saiyan Goku who is the person that has made Frieza fear the most in the franchise). So would Sinestro's fear be capable of crippling someone who is often considered terror incarnate and often resists his fear through violence?

The guardians do have resistance to fear because they can use the green light even without a ring. And to wield the green light one must have enough willpower to overcome great fear.

But anyways Sinestro has better feats than that. I introduce to you the Pale Bishop. A being who doesnt have any emotions and he and his cultist were nearly immune to the yellow light because of that. And here is Sinestro making him feel fear and obliterating him. By the way this is not even Sinestro being amped by Parallax this is Sinestro amped only by his Corps which is much weaker than Parallax. Comparing what Frieza has resisted to what Sinestro and Parallax can do is honestly laughable.

That's true.

Though there, it looks like Sinestro has to activate it with a powered punch. He may not get that against Frieza.

Also, if all he does is induce fear, then I'm inclined to agree that Frieza would just go insane with bloodlust for him, unless his fear inducement consistently shows something different.

Though there, it looks like Sinestro has to activate it with a powered punch. He may not get that against Frieza.

Also, if all he does is induce fear, then I'm inclined to agree that Frieza would just go insane with bloodlust for him, unless his fear inducement consistently shows something different.

He doesnt need to hit you the guardians got feared just by looking at him and its not like he wont be able to hit Frieza. Sinestro is one of the most experienced lanterns while Frieza up untill super never trained and lost to the first person who was as strong as him.

And why would he get bloodlusted he is not fighting the rage entity he is fighting the fear entity

A Stoned Orc said:
Ganthet and Sayd are susceptible to the sensitivities of the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum, and have no known instances of Resistance to Empathic Manipulation, which Freeza does, tho'.
I can almost gurantee Frieza's resistance doesn't cover Paralaxes strength in fear

That said does Sinestro lead with it?

^

That's a good question.

I mean, once Frieza did train he could compete with those who had dozens of times more experience fighting people of comparable levels than he did. Only acknowledging that he lost to Goku doesn't actually put into context the fact that he did well against him and actually could have beat him.

I mean people have different responses to fear. When Frieza is afraid, he tends to destroy stuff. People do this as well, so it's not so strange. Fear can cause a variety of effects. That's why I was, and am, asking for showings it typically has.

So...the Sinestro corps aren't even fear manipulation? How a person reacts to certain stimuli doesn't just magically change. Are you saying that the Sinestro corps are actually capable of fundamentally altering how a person reacts to the stimuli of fear? That is, brainwashing?

No, that's just how their fear affects people

Fear is a feeling, and people act on feelings in different ways.

In Frieza's case, he acts out by destroying things, but his form of fear is still the Type where he believes he can defeat his opponent.

For example, when Frieza's form ran out against Goku, and he realized he aggectively lost, he's scared of the fact he can't do anything and stopped attacking

Frieza will feel the fear of "This being is going to tear me a new asshole" and I am completely screwed

...Which form? Do you mean Golden? I seem to recall he reacted to that by using a backup plan to fire a laser through Goku's chest the very moment he powered down and then he proceded to torture him gleefully.

I honestly can't recall an instance where Frieza has reacted to fear with cowardice or weakness. He has always reacted with rage and violence as a result of his ego "How DARE this worthless monkey fight me!". Goku, Toppo, Jiren and Broly have all caused him concern or some sort of fear but he always ended up psychotically trying to destroy them for making him feel weak (well, except Broly but that's an interesting exception to the rule that he wasn't even really afraid of).

If you were going to choose an instance of fear resulting in Frieza giving up then I would point to Beerus and how terrified Frieza was to see him watching his battle. Even then he outright questioned Beerus on his motivation on watching the fight and proceded to ignore him when Beerus informed him that he had zero interest in interfering.

So, at the absolute most. You can argue that Frieza might want to avoid or submit himself to someone he perceives as far too dangerous to resist but even this is questionable when he has zero qualms trying to work around Beerus.

Again, I sincerely believe Frieza is more likely to destroy the entire universe than he is to just break under the pressure of fear based upon every instance of him feeling the emotion.

I think the point was more so that Frieza isn't necessarily going to just sit there, cower, and not fight merely because he's afraid. He'll be scared, terribly so, but such fear won't deter him from actually fighting.

Deter him from fighting? Likely not

Make him fear so much it severely hurts his fighting ability? Absolutely

Well, the argument is simple. If Frieza's fear results in him becoming bloodlusted then he would simply go on a rampage and try to kill Sinestro. So the question then becomes how large of an advantage or disadvantage Frieza would be left in terms of raw AP and whether or not Sinestro can deal with someone with higher raw AP.

How far into Low 2-C is Sinestro? Frieza is arguably at least 20x Low 2-C if we massively lowball the scaling.

Going bloodlusted will make him die instantly as Yellow Lantern rings specifically counter rage induced emotions thus weakening Frieza significantly

I still don't know why Sinestro can't manipulate his fear to make him go actinic in shock considering just how good his feats for fear manipulating his enemies are

Well, you know more about Sinestro and the yellow lanterns than I do. You mentioned above that he can influence people that lack emotions or have resistance to said emotions but does he actually have a feat of making a person actively go against their nature via fear manipulation? We don't realistically know Frieza's biology and chemistry well enough to understand how he functions on a psychological level but we do know he is a mutated member of his race that was outright born as an incredibly cruel person.

So, again. Can Sinestro, based on feats and statements, actually force Frieza to go against his own nature by making him react to fear or overdrive his fear to such an extent? Are there feats of people rejecting or resisting it? Frieza is easily one of the most iron-willed people in the entire franchise so I'm curious if Willpower > Fear with Sinestro-Parallax.

To add further, can I get more information on what you mean by yellow lanterns countering rage-induced emotions? I'm curious if you mean rage in-general or just red lantern-induced rage.

Schnee One said:
Going bloodlusted will make him die instantly as Yellow Lantern rings specifically counter rage induced emotions thus weakening Frieza significantly
Yet, Red Lanterns frequently murder Sinestro Corps. members, en masse. I also fail to see how it will weaken Freeza significantly. Fear Manipulation is not Statistics Reduction, and Freeza's instinctive reaction to fear is murder, especially when he's at his strongest--he's only ever not attacked when he's been beaten enough to power down.

So it goes back to whether or not Sinestro has the durability/resistance to not die to Frieza's raw AP. Can he counter telekinesis? how far into Low 2-C is he?

How many of those Yellow Lamterns are Low 2C and have an ehnhanced ring at full power?

None

Yet, Red Lanterns frequently murder Sinestro Corps. members, en masse.

And of course you have scans to back that up right?

Oh, and if he's referring to the Yellow Lantern Massacre that was caused after they literally had to deal with green lanterns.....

Yeah.

Also, I have no reason to believe Sinestro can't change how Frieza reacts to fear

Wait what? Are you really compairing Sinestro mantling Parallax to yellow lantern corps members...?

I was thinking this was a stomp until I saw the restriction in the OP. However I still think Sinestro takes this handily. He still has the enities level of power and Freiza's empathetic resistence isn't even in the same realm as the crippling fear inducment that an emotional entity can create. It will definitley hinder freiza's ability to fight back properly giving Sinestro the win.

Xalatath said:
Yet, Red Lanterns frequently murder Sinestro Corps. members, en masse.
And of course you have scans to back that up right?
I absolutely do! You see, the original crew of the Red Lanterns were all chosen not only for their anger, but for their great hatred of Sinestro and the Corps. that bears his name. Early on in Red Lantern history, the Reds attacked and slaughtered a group of battling Yellow and Green Lanterns to capture Sinestro himself. Atrocitus' original plan was to butcher the entire Sinestro Corps., including Sinestro himself, to perform a powerful blood ritual. There's even some scans you can find easily enough on Google Images.

Red Lantern Bleeze slaying several Sinestro Corps. at once

Atrocitus shattering Sinestro's Fear construct chains

Atrocitus single-handedly butchering numerous Sinestro Corps. at once, before being interrupted

TL;DR Sinestro Corps. Fear Inducement does not inhibit rage in any capacity, else that would be a Sinestro Corps. member's first move against any Red Lantern.

That said, it seems Sinestro has the majority vote.

A Stoned Orc said:
Yellow Lanterns specifically counter Blue Lanterns and vice versa not Red Lanterns. It should also be noted all Lanterns have a high resistance to emotional manipulation as seen against Bekka. This is why they don't regularly hax each others emotions outside of the opposites. Anyways those scans seem to be out of context.

Early on in Red Lantern history, the Reds attacked and slaughtered a group of battling Yellow and Green Lanterns to capture Sinestro himself.
Here the Yellow Lantern corps was trying to free Sinestro who was captured. They had to fight the Green Lanterns and then the Reds attacked them from the back.

Red Lantern Bleeze slaying several Sinestro Corps. at once
This is solicit art.

Atrocitus shattering Sinestro's Fear construct chains
Atrocitus was breaking out of Abin Sur's constructs even without a ring. He's just ridiculously strong. This isn't because red > yellow or rage negates fear.

Atrocitus single-handedly butchering numerous Sinestro Corps. at once, before being interrupted
Atrocitus isn't just some regular corps Lantern and this wasn't a proper fight. The Yellows and the Reds were both allied against Volthoom and Atrocitus became enraged when Sinestro went to kill the Guardians without him. The fear corps was just ordered to stall him.

since when does (not having emotions) = (not being able to feel emotions)

also, Sinestro's Low 2C rating is from Parralax, who scales to Ion, who empowered someone to fight with Superboy Prime, who scales to Pre-Crisis Superman, who I think is Baseline Low 2C

Frieza should be far, FAR above baseline

Unless I am wrong (which is likely), I'm gonna go with Frieza for now. Frieza's method of dealing with fear is shating out as much energy as he can to the thing that scares him, which would not go well for Sinestro.

Back