• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
His precog is extremely limited.

That being said, flight and likely better CQC ability help him. If he's able to absorb Okumura's flames then I don't think there's much the guy can do.

I don't think Tsuna can absorb Hellfire. That's different from regular fire. KHR have more than regular fire tho but I don't know if there're some user of Hellfire.

It depends. Dying will flames are really just a special type of life energy. If Okumura's flames are the energy of his verse, then they can be absorbed. If not, then Tsuna likely cannot absorb them. Though that would also make it so that if he freezes Rin's body in ice, that Rin will be unlikely to get out.

Tsuna is more calm and tactical than Rin due to his Hyper-Dying Will mode and with a slight precog that warns of him of upcoming danger would make him a tough opponent to inflict a fatal blow to, but Rin's healing is gonna be tough to deal with. In terms of AP they are roughly equal but if Tsuna has X-Burner he would be have the edge, though I am not sure if he has it here.

I don't think Tsuna could affect Rin's flames due to them not being Dying Will Flames, considering Dying Will Flames are not actual flames or Hellfire at that. it would probably not do anything.

No vote for now

Tsuna hits hard and with his flight along precog would practically make it hard for Rin to catch him but Rin does not necessarily need to catch him considering Tsuna has no long range attacks and fights in close range. Tsuna does hit hard but he does not hit hard enough or has an attack big enough that Rin can't regenerate from. On another note I find it unlikely that Tsuna would know of Rin's weakness.

I think I'm still going to stand by original reasoning. Tsuna can still wave his flames around as a small barrier, has superior mobility, and CQC. I thin he'd figure out to freeze him very early on, which would likely net him a win.

Also, I made a Berumda match here if anyone is interested.

The Regenerationn would be a problem for Tsuna. Does the Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition affect Rin?

The freezing would allow him to freeze Rin, yes. Though it seems very unlikely that Tsuna could absorb or freeze Rin's flames.

He should only be able to freeze dying will flames. He has frozen other things like water and the human body, but he hasn't been shown freezing another form of energy that wasn't dying will flames.

If we can equalize then there's not much Rin can do. Tsuna would be able to absorb Rin's flames, freeze them, and outclass him in CQC. I'm not sure if Rin would actually be able to win. He has superior range, but that's about it. Tsuna is more intelligent as well. Unless Rin has a AP advantage, but even then, ZPB: Revised would help bridge that gap.

Rin's flames are exactly like DWF tho...without all the life-force energy explanations.

Edit: They have the exact same properties...

Then let it unequal to make the things more fair.

I still think that Tsuna shouldn't be capable of absorb Hellfire.

Most Fires have the same property, but Dying Will Flames are nothing like Rin's Hellfire, Dying Will Flames are not really limited to creating fire, most of the supernatural attacks in Hitman Reborn are powered by these Flames, and these powers can range from Water manipulation, Lightning to illusions and many more. It is only named as a flame because it takes the form of one in it's raw form, but it's mostly just a dense form of wave energy.

While Rin's Fire is more magical in nature, the lore in Ao Exorcist is more Biblical and their power's focus are on magic and rituals rather than a singular form of energy.

@Mx

That's not really what I was getting at. I was saying that Rin's flames have shown abilities very similar to DWF.

Destroying souls and bodies and controling the heat of the flame, he can also see ghosts and spirits...just like DWF users in KHR.

DWF themselves are numerous, so it would make sense for Rin's flames to be a subsect of DWF...probably something special like Flame of Wrath.

"Dying Will Flames are not really limited to creating fire, most of the supernatural attacks in Hitman Reborn are powered by these Flames, and these powers can range from Water manipulation, Lightning to illusions and many more."

^^^Your statement only helps my argument. It makes no sense to say that Rin's Flames can't be considered a DWF just because there's a lot of different DWFs.

"the lore in Ao Exorcist is more Biblical and their power's focus are on magic and rituals rather than a singular form of energy."

We equalize magic to life-force energy here anyway.

But in any case we should unequalize that, Rin is already at a massive disadvantage here and doing that would make nearly this fight a stomp for Tsuna if he just freezes him, though it makes it question if Rin can unleash enough hellfire to break the ice even if he is encased completely.

Yeah but the onlt reason this is it would be a stomp is you equalized the nature of their abilities in the first place despite being different.

I can't help but agree with Mx here. I can easily see Rin's flames being a type of dying will flames, but they are inherently different, as one is a special brand of fire while the other is a personification of one's life force. Also, Rin's flames aren't the sole energy of his verse. They're dissimilar enough within the context of their respective verses that I don't think they can be equalized here.

I still think Tsuna wins regardless, just that one fight is far more hard fought than the other.

In all honesty the only saving grace Rin has is his Regenerationn and a very slight AP advantage and AOE attacks, as for everything else Tsuna beats him hands down. Also Rin has some glaring weaknesses in his tail and sword (though I am unclear whether or not his tail is an actual weakness). While Tsuna might not know his weakness, it is completely possible for Tsuna to discover them mid-fight or destoy/damage it in the crossfire. Rin does not exactly hide his tail or is careful in his fighting style, he has improved in fighting but he is still hot-headed and can lead to carelessness.

I have to ask if this is actually fair?

Tsuna is a much better fighter, can absorb Rin's flames, and outranges him. I don't see how Rin can plausibly win here.

Actually, I just read above, if Tsuna can't absorb flames, that would make things more fair. But I'm unsure if we actually came to a consensus.

Back