• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

True Godly Regenerationn

Ok, I have to go to work. I hope we can resolve this when I'm back.

Perhaps "Meta Regenerationn" might also be a good name for this ability then.

Though I also like the term True Godly.

I'm fine with whichever is agreed upon or if this isn't included.

Well, after reading Ryukama's posts, I do not think that I mind this addition so much, although it would take quite a bit of work to add it to appropriate character profiles. Which of them would this apply to specifically?

As for the name, I am uncertain if "True Godly" or "Metaphysical" is more appropriate.

I don't really see a problem with this, though I also don't really see it as necessary.

For instance, it goes without saying that being "destroyed" on any level would be totally irrelevant to pretty much anything of a certain standing, as they are so far beyond such mundane duality of "existing" and "not existing". It's not that there's anything wrong with stating that these characters should have this sort of ability. It's just that it seems kind of repetetive as it kind of comes with the territory.

I can understand Azzy's point of possible redundancy.

However I think as this is a different power than High-Godly, it is worth mentioning.

This would kind of by like the Regenerationn equivalent of Type 5 Immortality (well perhaps not quite is absolute as Type 5) but as the highest level reserved for the highest characters. And Type 5 Immortality might arguably be repetetive for such characters as well, but I think it's fine listing it.

Also it seems Sera and Venom got "who this would apply to" down and appear to have gotten some help from DarkLK, so I don't think revising will take much time, effort and stress from the staff.

I like the way the name "True Godly" sounds, though it might confuse some people and lead them to believe this ability is completely above everything like "True Infinity."

I think Meta Regenerationn might be better, as it's less confusing that way, is similar to the name ACF has for it and more distinguishes it as an entirely different league than High-Godly. As it wouldn't have a name at all similar to it. But that's just me and my semantics, whichever others think is best I'm all good with.

Well, I also think that the ability seems worth mentioning, if somebody wants to spend the effort of inserting it into every 1-A profile.

However, calling the ability "Regenerationn (Meta Regenerationn)", rather than "Regenerationn (Metaphysical)" or "Regenerationn (True Godly)", does seem very grammatically awkward and redundant.

Antvasima said:
Well, I also think that the sbility seems worth mentioning, if somebody wants to spend the effort of inserting it into every 1-A profile.
I do not think this would apply to absolutely all 1-A beings, going by the descriptions we are using. Most, but not all. I am fairly certain we still have some who have been shown to be capable of being "destroyed" for good by other similarly transcendent characters.

Well, they are all completely beyond time and space, but can also presumably be destroyed by greater characters within the same tier.

"High godly regen can be stopped by a higher dimensional being while true godly regen cannot."

I was under the assumption this was still one of our qualifiers, though (unless I am mistaken)? Because unless it is overwritten by a character of unfathomably greater magnitude, wouldn't such regen still just be classified as high-godly?

Here is what was suggested in the first post:

"The ability to regenerate even if the body was completely destroyed, and all dimensional structures have been destroyed, no matter how complex they may be. The body or form of such a character is similar to that of nonexistence, thus they can recover after destruction at this level."

As far as I understand, all Outerversal durability characters qualify for this.

ÚØ×õ║îÕàâµÇºÒü»Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüªÕ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

Òü╗ÒéôÒü«ÒéÅÒüÜÒüïÒüùÒüïÒüôÒéîÒü½Õ¢ôÒüªÒü»Òü¥ÒéèÒü¥ÒüøÒéôÒÇé

Òâ»Òâ│Òé¿ÒéñÒü«ÒüäÒüÅÒüñÒüïÒü»Õ«îÕà¿Òü½þá┤ÕúèÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒü¥ÒüÖÒÇéþá┤ÕúèÕ¥îÒü«ÒâíÒé┐ÕåìþöƒÒü«µö╣ÚØ®ÒüôÒéîÒü»µ£ÇÚ½ÿÒü«Òâ»Òâ│Òé¿ÒéñÒü«Òü┐ÒéƵäÅÕæ│ÒüùÒü¥ÒüÖÒÇé

Nah. Lambdadelta isn't fully 1-A, yet she would have this regen, as all the meta beings would.

So from what you're saying, meta regen (true godly regen) is when you can regenerate even after you are erased from binary existence/nonexistence. Not all 1-As are nondual and there can be nondual lower tiers.

hmm let my try to get this straight. True Godly is Regenerationn even if you are erased into a sea of nothingness or something you can still regenerate?

Okay, so which 1-A characters would and would not qualify?

In either case, the explanation text within the Regenerationn page would have to clarify the distinction in an easy to understand manner.

Well, those from I/O, Demonbane, the Masadaverse, Umineko, and I can argue possibly for DC as well (those such as Lucifer Morningstar).

The distinction, is like so:

A. John is able to regenerate after the entire reality of the multiverse (let's say a 6-D multiverse) is destroyed. (High Godly)

B. John is able to regenerate even after he was erased from binary existence and binary nonexistence) or in other words, duality. (True Godly)

This isn't only for 1-As. Any character that has exhibited the same style of Regenerationn as John in B, regardless of their tier, hasbtrue godly regen.

For a simple explanation:

Let's say reality is a binary code. The state of existing is "1" and the state of not existing is "0".

If you were erased from 1 or 0, yet can regenerate, you have high godly regen.

If you were erased from 1 and 0, yet can regenerate, you have true godly regen.

Apologies if this is off topic, but I will like to ask a series of questions. The questions is this: If reality is everything, then how does it works and how does it include things that doesn't exist in the first place? How can one created and destroy reality? Can reality stand by itself or relies on everything just so it exist?

The reason(s) I ask these series of questions is because there is no set standards for reality. Also there is no solid evidence there will be just only one reality nor is there is solid evidence there is more than one reality. It is also because if there is one absolute reality, then all logic is out of the window purely because it is like saying that reality is fiction while fiction is reality when we make it very clear to separate fiction from reality and reality from fiction normally. I not so sure on how I feel about that.

@Sera: Isn't erasing defined as putting something into state 0 (aka making non-existent), though?

I mean non-existence is the state in which you can not take any action, so erasing in a way that puts you in any state that is different from that wouldn't really defeat the character, no? (After all if it is different from that the character could still take actions)

If you were erased from 1 or 0, yet can regenerate, you have high godly regen.

Better:

If you were erased from 1, yet can regenerate, you have high godly regen.

@Star There is no definitive definition for reality.

@DontTalk If you are erased from existence (1) you are put into a state of 0 (nonexistence).

However, if you were erased from 1 and 0 you would be in a state of absolute zero (absolute nonexistence. Not everything, not nothing, just "not".). True Godly regen is where you can still regenerate due to the nature of the cosmology.

For example: in Umineko, there are planes of existence that are nondual (it is either something different from 1 or 0 or a lack of 1 or 0) it does not fit into the binary. Therefore, if a character was erased from that plane into oblivion (which is beyond all these layers) yet they still regenerate, they can regenerate from absolute zero.

Ven made a page to explain how reality is kind of like a binary code here.

@Sera I am quite aware of that hence why I start to leaning on agree with this proposal mainly because the links I provided on reality show it has been heavily been debated over how reality is being used and the fact reality can not be tested by science as it is far beyond our grasp of understanding things.

Not to get too personal, but that is why I suggest studying fields outside of science. I studied metaphysics and that's how I know about all of this. Even if we can never truly grasp it, it is the highest form of reasonable thought.

Ok...now I'm starting to sound like my husband. Let's get back on topic please. ^_^

ýºäýáòÝò£ ýé¼Ù×æýØÇ Û▓░ý¢ö ýú¢ýºÇ :3

Anyway, I agree with milady. True Godly regen is for those very complex and unique hierarchies or just any character who has displayed Regenerationn from binary erasure (or fulfills the requirements to obviously be capable of doing so, such as a transdual entity.

Well, I am fine with that definition, but strongly doubt that Lucifer Morningstar qualifies.

Didn't Lucifer travel in the Overvoid? That's the only reason why I say he may have it. I could be wrong.

I'm 9o percent sure this was brought up before, but what doesn't make this n NLF? Umineko characters can be done in by Featherine or the Creator.

Well, I think that we should stick to characters and franchises for which this ability has been explicitly mentioned.

Lucifer could definitely be harmed even by beings far below himself, such as Dream, or killed by beings of his own scale of power, such as Fenris or Michael.

Back