• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So, this kinda died off last time.

The Triforce was supposed to get an upgrade to 4-A, as it restored and corrupted the whole Sacred Realm/Dark World, which as I'm about to show, contained a bunch of stars in the ALTTP manga.

Scales to TF wielders ONLY.

300px-Palace of Darkness (comic)

If the Manga continuity is not canon nor linked to the Game continuity we shall not use this.

So yeah, this is basically a potential upgrade if the Manga is canon

@Dark. Considering it's literally the same story with more dialogue, it shouldn't be far off from qualifying.

I know Hyrule Historia is canon, I don't think the Nintendo Power Manga was considered Canon. Was it the one where Link has a theif friend who acts as an Anti-hero? I believe that one was non-canon, or at best dubiously canon.

@Azzy I...can't read lol. Lemme see if it's the case for the other manga. Because support across media would make it seem more legit. Especially because official art.

Though like, would it really be a big deal to consider this, considering the only difference in this particular instance is that you're not at a birds eye view and can therefore look up?

Sorry to all who supports this, but we can't use a non-canon manga to upgrade characters from the game continuity, but Howard can make profiles about this manga.

Bump. Only reason I'm doing so is because, would it really contradict anything because this version shows us what up looks like? ALTTP literally only has a birds eye view.

We can't link two continuities where some events are different abd because this would have happened by taking a non-canon sourcee.

This is dubious despite how much i want a high tier 4 Ganon and I'd rather get that from something explicitly canon than a maybe, Is there official art besides this? If there's game artwork showing the dark world and its sky than I'm all for it.

I mean, is the fact that you can see at a 45 degree angle rather than a 270 degree angle really linking continuities?

A setting sun is the most I can find. It has to be seen from the top of the Pyramid of Power. I mean, at least there's celestial bodies.

Dark world

So only a non canon Link gets this. I make the assumption composite Link doesn't get the feat.

As much as I would love to upgrade my favorite game of all time, (Up until Breath of the Wild took that spot,) There's still no proof that there's more than one star in the canon game. The manga is still non-canon and the equivalent of using Anime exclusive feats to upgrade Buu saga DBZ or YYH.

@Cal, I mean if ya can find an obscure zelda manga there has to be some odd piece of Zelda artwork out there that shows the dark world at night.

Other non-canon continuities tends to expands and fully explain/show situation, but they are not confirmed to be fully the same in the game original canon continuity and cannot be used.

I mean, considering all the info in the last thread about the GG's having the Sacred Realm being an AU akin to Termina and the others, and Ganon wishing to rule the cosmos, shouldn't this be more of supporting evidence than anything else.

Also, would probably apply to composite Link via being well...composite.

Again upgrading profiles via statement is not that solid, unless you want to link it with Vaati's feats, which were considered as illusions.

I agree with Dark649. We cannot use non-canon information to upgrade a canon source. This should be obvious. Please stop making these types of threads Cal.

Could a profile for this version of Ganon/Link be made instead?

Back