• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Should it scale to the composite profile or no?

We could separate a canon composite and a composite of canon and non-canon matierial

I'm pretty sure our Composite Link profile is canon composite.

Partially because it makes no mention of stuff like the manga, which has feats such as (an extremely non-canon) Majora giving birth to the time of a universe.

Um...what? Not to you saying that it's canon composite, because it is (though there used to be a complete composite tab), but because of that Majora feat.

Okay, so the composite profile should avoid the manga then?

Probably, just game canon is best. Although a manga profile would be nice to have too, there's an entire long running series of manga to go off.

Here's what I think.

-We keep the Composide the way it is.

-We make a send profile based of the abilities and feats done by those in the manga.

-Possibly make another composite with canon and non-canon material from all forms of media.

Is This good? I do feel if we make a non-canon composite people just coming on the site who see this may lead to negative reactions.

I'm neutral about making a profile for this Link, but i'm against making a complete composite canon + non-canon.

Well the way we treat other composite profiles such as Godzilla is to accept all official sources. However if people want to keep it to canon only fine. I have no issue with a profile for this Link or Tier 2 Majora being made though.

I mean there is a big difference between Composite Link and Composite Godzilla. The former is based on several CANON characters who goes by the same name and are reincarnations of the other. While the Godzilla one is just a big fusion of all the Godzilla media ever made.

I honestly don't see the point in making a profile for a version of a character that's effectively identical to the canon incarnation aside from power.

We've rejected a page for Xenoverse Goku for the same reasons, so I don't see a reason to allow this.

Because there's probably plenty of differences, there's like what? 30 seperate manga?

There's likely to be some powers and differences in there.

There is one I can think of off the top of my head. The Happy Mask Salesman goes from just creepy to actually a malevolent entity.

The real cal howard said:
There is one I can think of off the top of my head. The Happy Mask Salesman goes from just creepy to actually a malevolent entity.
Was he not that already?

I'm not against a profile for a different adaptation with vastly different power than the original counterpart. And if one's to use Xenoverse Goku for some precedent (which honestly I wouldn't be against having either) one can easily just turn to the countless separate versions of characters for comics we use.

@Cal and j-Man I think Everlasting referred to difference in abilities and powers, not story-wise.

Xenoverse Goku is literally just Goku but Tier 2. Hence we've repeatedly rejected giving him a page.

That's my point in that making a page for this Link just because he has greater feats seems like a double standard.

And if one adaptation of a character is vastly different in power than the original, either Xenoverse Goku or Link, I'm fine with a profile for them made.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
As Ryu pointed out, what's the difference between say DCAU Supes and post-crisis or injustice then?
Not to be rude but have you even played Injustice? Everything surrounding Superman's character is different there.

And? I'm aware he's essentially a corrupted Supes, i played the first game though wgen it launched, but his powers are generally the same, correct?

If characterization is a factor than this holds water still, Link is fleshed out and has a different personality in several manga.

Yes, Twilight princess Link's backstory in the manga for example has him accidentally wiping his entire city off the map after the Hero's Shade becomes a thing, he goes rogue and ends up living in ordon and hates the idea if becoming a hero and wants nothing to do with saving hyrule.

Not only is his backstory different but so is his personality.

Plus this still goes for DCAU for example.

I have no opinion on the subject, but I just want to point out that in case this becomes relevant, original Majora birthing a universe's time and then it ceasing to exist upon his death scales to literally no one except the Fierce Deity, since he's the only one to have fought Majora. Even the Triforce scaling under these circumstances is dubious, as the manga is extremely different from the games and Majora has a clear origin in no way related to Hyrule or a connected world.

Back