• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Travis Touchdown vs Grimgor Ironhide! WAAAGH!

I don't see anything that threatening on Grimgor's profile, he might be a bit more skilled in a theoretical sense I suppose (beats 10000 years while travis stomped someone who had roughly 3000 of prep against him), but I do think Travis has got way more versatility here, along with pretty deadly speed amps and more agility. Stamina and Immortality shouldn't be a problem as Travis is always very eager to land a beheading killing blow. How's Grimgor doing on techniques and actual feats of skill? I find that once experience starts dipping in the thousands it really starts feeling very vague so I'd like to compare more concrete stuff. I will say Travis has a lot of experience fighting people simultaneously bigger and faster than him.

I think I've unintentionally wanked Instinctive Reaction and his speed amps in the past, so I'm gonna lay out my interpretation of how they work here. Instinctive Reaction is not too impressive, he can dodge attacks that would otherwise blindside him and overall just fights without needing to think about it, but he's not gonna pull an Ultra Instinct on anyone. As for his speed amps, he needs to fully dodge to the side of an attack while still being in range of the enemy to counter with Dark Step, which briefly amps his speed to unleash a good 5/6 slashes while the opponent is too slow to do anything about it. As for Super Mode, it's vague how it works but it's related to his Ecstasy Gauge which grows as he fights. Judging by the name it might be related to how hyped he is about a fight, but I dunno, either way it should take a minute or so to pull off.

I've also considered his Dark Side abilities OOC in the past but considering a recent trailer has shown one of the NMH3 ones to be one he's willing to use in cutscenes, I'm not so sure about that anymore. Either way they rely on the Ecstasy Gauge as well so it doesn't matter too much, that's basically a wincon anyway.

Also the profile doesn't have a Keys section, I think you might wanna change that.

Grimgor was beating Archaon of all people before the ladder threw his OP amps and one-shot grimgor, I can't recall either Malekith or Archaon's skill feats but Warhammer Fantasy has some ridiculous skill shit with Archaon near the top of that

I mean I bet he's good, so I'm not gonna say Travis is more skilled in an empirical sense, but I feel like Travis has a lot more versatility here alongside agility- he's self-taught a lot of techniques, and learned others from like, four different sources. Also his combo strings get more impressive as he keeps on fighting (I really should put RPL or something on him but idk if it qualifies)

Also the setting of the fight is a small advantage for Travis. Due to Memory of Child he'll never be blindsided by an enemy (though I doubt Grimgor will be either) and killing enemies is a good way to boost his Ecstasy Gauge.

I mean I bet he's good, so I'm not gonna say Travis is more skilled in an empirical sense, but I feel like Travis has a lot more versatility here- he's self-taught a lot of techniques, and learned others from like, four different sources. He can also attack while moving around the target, and his combo strings get more impressive as he keeps on fighting (I really should put RPL or something on him but idk if it qualifies)

Also the setting of the fight is a small advantage for Travis. Due to Memory of Child he'll never be blindsided by an enemy (though I doubt Grimgor will be either) and killing enemies is a good way to boost his Ecstasy Gauge.
I've called one of the fantasy peeps over for this so they can explain this better then I can, but Grimgor himself has sparce lore outside of his 5-B key, but his skill didn't change across his two keys to our knowledge so yeh, but the Malekith fight is more impressive skill-wise then his fight with Archaon, whom he literally ripped off his demon horse and started pummeling, though Grimgor even managing to do that is impressive, considering Archaon had bodyguards who were basically the best soldiers in the world, and did this without Archaon's demon horse kicking his ass. Frankly it isn't explained more then "they didn't matter"

The setting is also advantageous to Grimgor, since he can amp due to the sheer amount of Orcs in the area, which due to both having good access to their best shit is why I chose this arena

Grimgor made Malekith who has 10,000 years combat experience and was considered unbeatable in a duel amongst the Elves look like a child. Malekith is more skilled then Swordmasters of Hoeth who can do this somehow 'It is even said that the highest masters of the order can slay a foe with but a touch, or kill with a single precisely-pitched whistle' Grimgor is jmostly brute strength but it's brute strength at it's upmost efficiency. Travis's fighting style will probably piss Grimgor with all his dodging and jumping and he's gonna start to get stronger and faster as a result.

I would agree Travis is more versatile here. I honestly don't really know who wins here but Grimgor looks to be a fair bit more skilled.

I see, good idea. Thematic, too. I doubt Travis would be taken aback by the change in personality since he's fought a couple of characters one could consider berserkers already, but an AP amp is an AP amp. Speaking of which, they should be roughly equal in power, Grimgor upscales a lot it seems but Travis' feat is higher and he does likely upscale from it since that fight is purposefully really easy.

Also, once again, Grimgor's profile is missing its keys section so I can't really tell if he has the second tabber's abilities. That matters, I feel.
Grimgor made Malekith who has 10,000 years combat experience and was considered unbeatable in a duel amongst the Elves look like a child. Malekith is more skilled then Swordmasters of Hoeth who can do this somehow 'It is even said that the highest masters of the order can slay a foe with but a touch, or kill with a single precisely-pitched whistle' Grimgor is jmostly brute strength but it's brute strength at it's upmost efficiency. Travis's fighting style will probably piss Grimgor with all his dodging and jumping and he's gonna start to get stronger and faster as a result.
Travis is pretty aggressive with his fighting style by the way, he does dodge a lot (and obviously if he dodges just right that's a speed amp right there) but he's always up in his enemies' nose fighting, so Grimgor won't get camped or anything. I don't know Grim's personality or anything but I assume most people who enjoy fighting would at least respect Travis since he's got that love for blood as well. The touch/whistle thing seems more like a technique than anything, but I do think this is very impressive though.

I should mention that even a basic assassin is expected to defeat like dozens of people at once, and Travis easily stomped the first assassin in the series (to the point his fight is just a quick cutscene) before getting most of his training. After that he grows in skill naturally and by virtue of training with a lot of people, and the third boss in the game claims she can learn in one day what "normies" (baseline assassins i assume, it's worth mentioning the whole assassination business got a lot more competitive after the first game) take years to learn. That person also trained to kill specifically Travis for two years, so that's the equivalent of a really skilled person prepping to kill him for millennia.

Last edited:
******* hell we publish Grimgor's profile and we then suddenly find a few missing abilities

Have those been added already?
Rage power and Regeneration, neither really effect the fight and the ladder is getting more evidence founded but the former is already in

its High-Low regen so nothing to write home about

Oh alright, shouldn't be a big deal then. Right now I'm still thinking Travis does manage to mid/high-diff Grimgor most of the time, it's gonna be hard to wear him down but Travis has a very lethal fighting style so if he manages to make himself an opening he's totally gonna go for something Immortality can't do much about, such as beheading, he also might be able to cut through Grimgor's weapon with the heat of his beam katana being able to melt through dozens of square meters of metal in like a second.

Warhammer Fantasy has a lot of things, good heat resist is not one of them at these tiers

Yeah that's surprisingly hard to find, especially coupled with the fact that you need elemental NPI to clash weapons with Travis- pretty big advantage in a lot of melee fights, and this one's no exception.

Pretty sure Warhammer Fantasy has every kind of NPI they could ever want, but again Grimgor is not one of those people at ths tier

It's alright, Travis is gonna be like, tier 6 in NMH3 so you can get your revenge there. But yeah I do think I'll be voting Travis.

Thankfully Grimgor's wincon is to grab Travis, which Travis realizes that class 100 LS is better then what he has and dies
It's alright, Travis is gonna be like, tier 6 in NMH3 so you can get your revenge there. But yeah I do think I'll be voting Travis.
The people at tier 6 in Warhammer Fantasy are magic casters, and they all hax stomp Travis to hell and back

And as for tier 6 fantasy Nagash is the first that comes to mind, take one look at that profile and then tell me Travis has any chance even with NMH3

Travis has also fought against a grappled who could easily ragdoll him with a grab- possibly a bit less skilled than Grimmy, but he knows to avoid that kinda stuff nonetheless. I'm not saying Grimgor doesn't stand a chance here or anything, but with how deep Travis' sword will cut and that he knows to avoid attacks (And Travis' dodging skills are kinda nice), I don't think he can land a good enough hit over 50% of the time. And remember, they're about equal in AP and Travis himself has Low-Mid regen and amazing stamina, so he can take plenty of hits.

Unequalize speed and it's fair

Except not really cause Travis is only peak human in movement speed

Im leaning towards grimgor but your travis reasons are surprisingly in depth im not to sure
is it in character for travis to aim for fatal blows with every strike? Grim could overpower if the fight drags on

Im leaning towards grimgor but your travis reasons are surprisingly in depth im not to sure
is it in character for travis to aim for fatal blows with every strike? Grim could overpower if the fight drags on
Travis Touchdown doesn't **** around, I dont know why your asking that lol

Oh, absolutely. There's a whole killing blow mechanic which represents Travis immediately bisecting or beheading the opponent the second he makes himself an opening.

Well thr is malekith to consider for skill gap wasnt he in the conflict with dark against high elves at the gates for a thousand years?
dont phoneix guards spend thr entire lifetime training or something knowing exactly when theyd die?
lets be honest fantasy stories are literally how hard can we wank the character

See I agree Grim is more skilled but I don't think a skill advantage matters too much here by itself. Grimgor's probably gonna have his axe cut in half by the heat coming from the beam katana (can slice through a 12 meters tall mech with no effort) so he's gonna be forced to use H2H, which means Travis outranges him, and can cut through him with the same ease. Add to that that any dodged blow means a huge brief speed amp for Travis, and I think he gets the kill more often than not.

I don't know much about grimgor specifically, is he using gitsnick? It says magical will it really melt

I mean, magical or not doesn't really matter if it doesn't have the feats for that level of resistance.

Did grimgor have gritsnick throughout his journey who else has he crossed blades with?

Grimgor has crossed blades with a TON of characters, but the only one I can think of that directly has a flaming blade is Malekith (though how the Sword of Asuryan scales is unknown as far as i know) and Archaon the Everchosen, who while he fought in their 5-B keys, only Grimgor was at that level and not necessarily his weapon, so should still scale to heat resistance for his weapon, as the Slayer of Kings almost always cuts straight through most weapons and things like they were nothing (including when he was FAR weaker being able to cleave away entire shelves of cursed rock throughout his fight with Be'lakor and basically completely scarring and ruining the mountain they were on), with only a handful of particularly powerful magical weapons resisting it, the same swords flames can burn hot enough to instantly incinerate people into near nothing (limited matter manip level of heat), Gitsnik eventually did break in the fight, but it was only because Archaon basically went super Saiyan and exploded the axe with pure AP instead of him actually cutting through it.

Skill definitely is a factor here as well, as Malekith is superior to Swordmasters of Hoeth who are born and raised to be the greatest swordsmen of Ulthuan and each spend centuries to thousands of years to hone these skills, individually they can slay thousands in melee, while also simultaneously casually deflecting cross bow fire with the same sword, choking an entire river with bodies with little to no effort. Grimgor treated him like a child, and within second Malekith surrendered immediately and instead tried to talk Grimgor out of the fight knowing this wasn't a fight he could win.

Finally, time is REALLY against Travis here, if he doesn't get the kill shot FAST, Grimgor is going to very quickly keep passively amping himself, getting stronger and faster, especially whenever he Waaaghs! which is a substantial spike in power, amongst his other amps.

I can't give a direct counter to this until I'm home however Travis is still more agile and gets a big speed amp when he manages to pull off a perfect dodge, or if the fight drags out for too long, which means Grim's stat amps won't really matter, he has to kill Travis before he hits Super Mode.

Grimgor just needs to land a grab on Travis and he's kinda screwed. Grimgor is perfectly willing to take hits to land a grab as well. If this happens at any stage of the fight before Grimgor is completely dead Travis is ******.

Travis has already fought grapplers who overpower him easily and are more above him in terms of physical stats (including speed) than Grimgor will be for this battle.

Also Travis can just cut off Grimgor's arm if he gets grabbed, or if that's not possible just hit him (Travis' punches can cause a few seconds' worth of stun), it's obviously a bad spot for him but not an automatic loss if it happens, and one again Travis is pretty good at dodging.

I mean, that's nice and all but Travis needs literally one good dodge, or to run out the timer enough (and he has low mid and amazing stamina) to get his speed amp after which he stomps

Back