• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers Multiversal Revision...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crabwhale responded above. I asked Ultima, but he hasn't responded. 1-B is probably legit, but I think more staff approval would be needed.

As far as I can tell, this does seem like Low 1-C at least, but I don’t think I’m knowledgeable enough on the tiering system to say if it qualifies for 1-B or not.

Not sure if Spino actually deals with higher-d stuff from my knowledge
I called for a few members interested in Transformers, and a few who know about higher statistics.

I definitly see good reasoning for Low 1-C, a infinite multiverse, where each universe within said multiverse branches into infinite timelines that are actual realities is pretty clear cut. I have no (Or at least no valuable) opinion on this whole brane dimensions stuff, as i have never understood why those are tierable in the first place, but i never bothered to learn that so eh, we have enough math nerds to evaluate that one.

You are rather knowledgeable about higher statistics if I remember correctly.

I'll wait for more input before coming to a conclusion, but for now, I'm leaning towards Low 1-C based on all of the evidence presented here.

I will start by saying that I am no supporter of Transformers and thus do not know the finer details and context. But since I was mentioned (was it a typo) I'll try to answer.

From what OP looks like, the first part (before 17-D appeared) definitely shows it is a multiverse. However, the infinity part is a bit ambiguous as the first scan mentioning it seemed to have the context of it rather being "infinitely expanding" as those newborn universes are new starting points for new splits. The first quote about it was also a bit weird in my opinion (clarifications are welcome) as it was talking about... modalities? then about a finite number of universe streams. Weird.

But you do have other quotes such as "limitless" multiverse, and in case that could be argued to refer to the background of where the universes reside only, there are quotes with "countless" realities and then "infinite" realities from what seems to be a reliable source in the verse, according to OP. So I'd say the feats outweight the anti-feats and it does look like an infinite multiverse going from OP. I am unaware if finer details of the verse contradict that or support it further.

Omniverse and Multiverse also seem to be separated and not speak of the same thing. The Omniverse encompasses the Multiverse. Thus, some quotes about the Omniverse might only apply to it.

Then we have the Dimensional part.

If the standard that the axes need to be galaxy/universe-sized to count as higher-D still stands, then their Multiverse (dubbed "the Multiverse" it seems) would be 1-B. Other scans or quotes about this, is welcome of course. And if the OP is to be taken at face-value, the Planicrons part does at least show these "dimensions" aren't in the sense of pocket spaces, but in the dimensioal spaces/axis sense. Vector Prime's quote also shows there is at least an awareness of that.
Besides it wouldn't have made sense for it to be talking about pocket spaces as there are infinite realities (or at least a very mind-boggling number), so 17 and 13 would make no sense in this context. For me, this means they're clearly referring to the Axis side of things.

Now unless things changed, and unless big anti-feats are present, the mere fact the whole 17-D bit is referring to an actual Multiverse would make it 1-B. Otherwise more is needed for The Multiverse.

For the Omniverse though, since it is so large (uncoutable infinite large) and can encompass/embed universes that are 17-D or 13-D, it should imo automatically have the highest shown within it at least, i.e 17-D. I believe that according to the FAQ, 17-D (and thus 1-B) is at least guaranteed for the Omniverse. If 17-D can be given to the Multiverse as well (which should be the case unless I missed changes, which... I might have since it's been a while cough cough) then as it can embed it within it, it would be 18-D at least I believe.

If all of that fails somehow, then the Omniverse is most definitely at the very least Low 1-C, and the Multiverse at the very least "2-B, likely 2-A".

That is what I gathered from the OP.

I'm not really up to date with the whole "Infinite Multiverse that spawns infinite multiverses" thing, last time I checked there were vastly different interpretations of whether not it should be considered infinetly above 2-A to Low 1-C or still plain 2-A.

I do say that the higher dimensional statements are more concrete evidence for the Tier 1 stuff.

The cosmology is 2-A at the very least actually. Most people seem to agree on Low 1-C but not much input on 1-B has come.
That part you quoted was only referring to The Multiverse (and if Dimensionality doesn't apply to it somehow).

The cosmology as a whole is the Omniverse. The Multiverse is but a tiny part of said Omniverse. The Omniverse, and thus the overall cosmology is at the very very least Low 1-C.

That part was only referring to The Multiverse (and if Dimensionality doesn't apply to it somehow).
I'm more referring that the Multiverse is at the very least 2-A and not 2-B, even if we remove the branching timelines part. Because it's most definitely higher than 2-B.

I'm more referring that the Multiverse is at the very least 2-A and not 2-B, even if we remove the branching timelines part. Because it's most definitely higher than 2-B.
I'm not saying it isn't, it might be. The sole reason "at least 2-B" is there is due to the ambiguous infinity stuff regarding the Multiverse I mentioned in my first post (the "surefire infinity" ones were regarding what is outside of it) as far as I can recall, so it's there as a safety net so to speak. You have finite statements, an infinitely expanding one, a countless one and a limitless one. If you're a supporter and believe the existing context makes 2-A more definite then sure, that can be done. I'm only basing it on the OP.

But sure. Not that it makes much difference to me since unless standards changed I believe the Multiverse should be 17-D.

Can somebody summarise the conclusions here so far please?

@Ultima_Reality

We would still greatly appreciate some help from you here.

Okay. I suppose that Low 1-C can probably be applied at least.

Can somebody summarise the conclusions here so far please?

@Ultima_Reality

We would still greatly appreciate some help from you here.
sorry for the lack of replies, got kids so I dip in and out of checking these forums

summary is: there are an infinite amount of multiverses in transformers, based on each universe generated an infinity more, and those continue the train.

there are also 17 dimensions in TF, which as of the Alternaty stories, we know operate on Brane cosmology and we are shown firsthand with the 2D universe and the 2D transformers evolution into 10d beings, that they function as real dimensions

there are contradictory statements about the size of the multiverse, but the majority of statements lend themselves towards multiple infinities

there are no contradictory statements regarding whether or not the setting is 17D

I guess now we gotta come up with how to structure the explanations on their AP sections.

I think creating a blog would be good. But writing it up would take time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back