• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Finally made a page for my 3rd favorite Optimus.
Finally, some decent versatilities/haxes for TF beside Devastation and Comics

He has a Broken '''.''' in PnA

No scans showing that he scales SkyByte, Megatron or Scourge
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Earthrise Arcee is one of the worst figures I've handled in my life and I am now going to rant about it.

There is absolutely nothing redeeamble about this toy. The titanic amount of shellforming and gigakibble backpack are just the tip of the iceberg.

The panel lines ruin any semblance of taking the vehicle mode seriously from any angle but the front, the underside of said vehicle mode is one of the most egregious I've seen, and Arcee herself looks like she spent the last five hours being polished with how bland and featureless her body and face is.

And don't even get me started on the clearance issues. The legs, head and side panels absolutely refuse to cooperate transforming from either mode, and it's all because of the atomic scale of space they let you have to pull it off.

Also the gun sucks, and they tried to pull a pseudo-degenerate play by having her thighs and chest relatively big to appeal to God knows who. If they spent 10% of the engineering effort that went into her thick ass legs for any part of the transformation, maybe it wouldn't suck so much.

But her wrists are mobile so 10/10, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Earthrise Arcee is one of the worst figures I've handled in my life and I am now going to rant about it.

There is absolutely nothing redeeamble about this toy. The titanic amount of shellforming and gigakibble backpack are just the tip of the iceberg.

The panel lines ruin any semblance of taking the vehicle mode seriously from any angle but the front, the underside of said vehicle mode is one of the most egregious I've seen, and Arcee herself looks like she spent the last five hours being polished with how bland and featureless her body and face is.

And don't even get me started on the clearance issues. The legs, head and side panels absolutely refuse to cooperate transforming from either mode, and it's all because of the atomic scale of space they let you have to pull it off.

Also the gun sucks, and they tried to pull a pseudo-degenerate play by having her thighs and chest relatively big to appeal to God knows who. If they spent 10% of the engineering effort that went into her thick ass legs for any part of the transformation, maybe it wouldn't suck so much.

But her wrists are mobile so 10/10, thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
That's the one that's essentially an Action Master Arcee with a whole car taped on her back is it? Flabbergasted how that got approved.

I talked about this with my friend a while back, I honestly think that the only way to get a perfect G1 Arcee figure would be if Hasbro did what they did for SS86 Hot Rod: make her a Deluxe with a Voyager price point, with most of the extra budget going into engineering.

That's the one that's essentially an Action Master Arcee with a whole car taped on her back is it? Flabbergasted how that got approved.
I have no idea why I got it. I guess I just wanted a femme bot cause my current collection is sort of a nuts and bolt fest, if you know what I mean. Waste of money.

I have no idea why I got it. I guess I just wanted a femme bot cause my current collection is sort of a nuts and bolt fest, if you know what I mean. Waste of money.
If you want a good female Transformer, I would recommend Legacy Elita-One or Velocitron Override (if you can find her). Kingdom Airazor is also a fantastic figure.

Just buy Big Firebird Nicee, and maybe Flametoys Wingblade
There, problem solved
I am not buying horrid degeneracy. I've seen that Jobby vid on Nicee, I know what that figure is about.

Also, third party is a lil outta my price range right now.

I am not buying horrid degeneracy. I've seen that Jobby vid on Nicee, I know what that figure is about.

Also, third party is a lil outta my price range right now.
You want femme bot so expect horrid degeneracy 🗿
Also obligatory my last post because i'm asking a ban for two weeks for a break

Oop and he's gone.

So, what's everyone's verdict on modern TF toylines? Combiner Wars to now?

Wait why did he get banned 😭

So, what's everyone's verdict on modern TF toylines? Combiner Wars to now?
They certainly improved Siege onwards tbh. It feels like they finally took all the criticsms and finally started improving. Legacy feels like the best line in ages? I like that they're starting to branch out. I got myself RID 2001 Scourge. The last line that felt this good was Siege imo.

They certainly improved Siege onwards tbh. It feels like they finally took all the criticsms and finally started improving. Legacy feels like the best line in ages? I like that they're starting to branch out. I got myself RID 2001 Scourge. The last line that felt this good was Siege imo.
Agreed, I think the Prime Wars Trilogy was sub-par, the War for Cybertron was a major step-up and Legacy is even better aside from the Prime figures that aren’t Skyquake. I’ve collected more from Earthrise, Kingdom and Legacy than I have from any other line in the past except maybe the 2007 movie and Animated.

I don't really like Legacy since they're trying to infect the shit out of the other universe toys they're doing with G1. Like, quality might've gone up, but if you're not even gonna bother doing the character justice, it kinda seems moot. Call me jaded I guess.

Siege was pretty ******* cool for when it lasted, I kinda just see Kingdom and Earthrise as extensions of it.

Combiner Wars had a neat hat trick that it dragged on for way too long, same with Power of the Primes, and both were pretty janky figure-wise. Titans Return is still a standout personally.

I don't really like Legacy since they're trying to infect the shit out of the other universe toys they're doing with G1. Like, quality might've gone up, but if you're not even gonna bother doing the character justice, it kinda seems moot. Call me jaded I guess.
I feel it's kinda just the prime figures that get the short end of the stick. Like Skyquake, I get why he is the way he is, he's obviously a pretool, for his G1 counterpart, because money, and despite that, he still gets many of the core elements right. But Bulkhead, Arcee and Knockout are just ehhhhh.

I feel like the G1-ified thing is so to have some sorta consistent aesthetic so that everyone doesn't look too out of place, like animated prowl for instance. Unicron Trilogy guys are certainly eating rn though. They at least got justice.

Random question, but you know how we allow Characters to team up for Versus Threads as long as they did so Canonically? Would Transformers Prime Optimus and Megatron count since they team up one time against all those Insecticons or is that a one off that shouldn't be counted?

Random question, but you know how we allow Characters to team up for Versus Threads as long as they did so Canonically? Would Transformers Prime Optimus and Megatron count since they team up one time against all those Insecticons or is that a one off that shouldn't be counted?
I think it should count? Although that was more like a weird one time team up wasn't it.

I feel it's kinda just the prime figures that get the short end of the stick. Like Skyquake, I get why he is the way he is, he's obviously a pretool, for his G1 counterpart, because money, and despite that, he still gets many of the core elements right. But Bulkhead, Arcee and Knockout are just ehhhhh.

I feel like the G1-ified thing is so to have some sorta consistent aesthetic so that everyone doesn't look too out of place, like animated prowl for instance. Unicron Trilogy guys are certainly eating rn though. They at least got justice.
You know, call me a TF boomer (or whatever the equivalent of what I am is, maybe Gen X), but I swear the amount of creativity in the TF brand has taken an enormous dip recently and that's why I'm not that into it anymore.

I mean take anything from the early 2000s to the early-to-mid 2010s and while sure, the G1 nostalgia wave was hitting hard, you had all sorts of things taking the franchise in all sorts of interesting directions. First the Unicron trilogy, then the movies kicked off, ballooning the popularity, which led directly to stuff like Animated and Prime. The Cybertron games were killing it, comics were beloved by most after the Dreamwave fiasco had blown over.

Now it just feels like everything is either G1 or trying to ape it. Last few cartoon series we've gotten have been low-budget Netflix faff, no proper games since Devastation, etc. I mean I get that G1 is always going to be a bedrock of the franchise, but personally I liked it better when the margin between it and everything else was closer to 1:1, and not 9:1.

You know, call me a TF boomer (or whatever the equivalent of what I am is, maybe Gen X), but I swear the amount of creativity in the TF brand has taken an enormous dip recently and that's why I'm not that into it anymore.

I mean take anything from the early 2000s to the early-to-mid 2010s and while sure, the G1 nostalgia wave was hitting hard, you had all sorts of things taking the franchise in all sorts of interesting directions. First the Unicron trilogy, then the movies kicked off, ballooning the popularity, which led directly to stuff like Animated and Prime. The Cybertron games were killing it, comics were beloved by most after the Dreamwave fiasco had blown over.

Now it just feels like everything is either G1 or trying to ape it. Last few cartoon series we've gotten have been low-budget Netflix faff, no proper games since Devastation, etc. I mean I get that G1 is always going to be a bedrock of the franchise, but personally I liked it better when the margin between it and everything else was closer to 1:1, and not 9:1.
Yeah, I understand the feeling. Earthspark and ROTB are fun at all, but they do feel like retreads. I just hope that Reactiavte and the whoever gets the license to the comics finally refresh the franchise, in the same way things like the the cybertron games or UT did.

Honestly I just want to see something that doesn't follow the exact same ******* plot or uses the exact same characters.

Like I've accepted that we will never be rid of Prime and Bee, they're too engrained into the cultural zeitgeist for that (at least until all the G1 people keel over), but at least give some more obscure ******* their due. The Combaticons and Warpath are some of my favorite characters, and who knew jackshit about them before the Cybertron games? No one that isn't over 40, that's for sure.

I feel it’s a bit unfair to call EarthSpark a retread, since it’s not really connected to G1 in any way aside from one flashback scene (which is just an homage, it’s not actually in G1 continuity) and it’s used characters outside of the original ‘84 cast (Hardtop and Tarantulas).

And the premise of the show, being after the Autobot and Decepticon war, is something we haven’t seen in any prior cartoons iirc.

Back