• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Also speaking of best boy, here's some cool art of him:

d7x9wmx-5999f754-53e9-4213-9071-cfb2cc96dacd.jpg

warpath_by_zhuyukun_d9vdfxm-fullview.jpg

I feel it’s a bit unfair to call EarthSpark a retread, since it’s not really connected to G1 in any way aside from one flashback scene (which is just an homage, it’s not actually in G1 continuity) and it’s used characters outside of the original ‘84 cast (Hardtop and Tarantulas).

And the premise of the show, being after the Autobot and Decepticon war, is something we haven’t seen in any prior cartoons iirc.
I agree for the most part, but Animated and Energon are both technically post war stories.

Honestly I just want to see something that doesn't follow the exact same ******* plot or uses the exact same characters.

Like I've accepted that we will never be rid of Prime and Bee, they're too engrained into the cultural zeitgeist for that (at least until all the G1 people keel over), but at least give some more obscure ******* their due. The Combaticons and Warpath are some of my favorite characters, and who knew jackshit about them before the Cybertron games? No one that isn't over 40, that's for sure.
Nah tfa,tfp,the films and cyberverse have ingrained those two into transformers permanently

I am mostly joking. OP's great, but he's great in the same way [INSERT FAVORITE FOOD HERE] is great. Fantastic to eat for a while, but eventually you're gonna get sick if you keep going.

Well I like Hot Rod/Rodimus despite a good chunk of people being very jaded against him for his admittedly dumbass mistake of getting into a firefight between Optimus and Megatron, especially when Prime had it covered. So, that should tell you how I'd feel.

I wouldn’t have minded if Smokescreen became a Prime, that seemed like where his arc was going anyway.

Although if we‘re talking about characters that should’ve become Primes, I still think Arcee got robbed during that Power of the Primes poll

Although if we‘re talking about characters that should’ve become Primes, I still think Arcee got robbed during that Power of the Primes poll
Lies, the only one who was robbed was Ultra Magnus. Also Erector.

You are the lamest organism I have ever had the displeasure of setting my empty orbits on.

Did that thing even have any longstanding effect in-lore lol

Pretty sure it was just a marketing thing.

I'm kinda glad they didn't do star saber as that would probably mean we wouldn't get haslab saber, and they probably would've ****** it up.

Random question, but you know how we allow Characters to team up for Versus Threads as long as they did so Canonically? Would Transformers Prime Optimus and Megatron count since they team up one time against all those Insecticons or is that a one off that shouldn't be counted?
What does everyone else think?

Are we still at the level of childishly dumping on Bayformers? C'mon guys it's been like 6 years now.
I’m not sure you can NOT childishly dump on Bayformers. the movies are VERY brain dead themselves. pretty racist too, which I surprisingly forgot about until watching the last one.

Funny enough, I think the first movie is actually good. I have no idea what happen from the second onward. I remember hearing there was a writers strike during the second movie, and action scenes were filmed first while the writers had to work around it later on. But 3-5 were not much of an improvement. Seems like he just didn’t give a **** after 2.

I’m not sure you can NOT childishly dump on Bayformers. the movies are VERY brain dead themselves. pretty racist too, which I surprisingly forgot about until watching the last one.
I just don't think it's even worth having vitriol over them at this point. Besides, despite my own inherent dislike for their concepts, their braindeadness is exactly what they're meant to be about. We're talking full brain switch-off, bangy boomy mode. Granted, there's still films that do it better, bur for what it's worth, Bayformers accomplishes most of what it wants to do.
Funny enough, I think the first movie is actually good. I have no idea what happen from the second onward. I remember hearing there was a writers strike during the second movie, and action scenes were filmed first while the writers had to work around it later on.
That's an excuse peddled by Bay that no one should buy. No amount of writers not striking could prevent ROTF from being...ROTF.

Alright, so, I may be forced to eat my words from earlier about not ******** on Bayformers.

I picked up the novelization of DotM a while back through [COMPLETELY LEGAL MEANS] because I was curious on it being based on the unaltered script, and just got back to reading it. Holy SHIT, this is awful. Somehow Sam is even more PATHETIC when you have access to what's going in his head in text form. The writing is just as schizophrenic as the movie. It is simultaneously entertaining and goddamn obnoxious.

Also Mearing is just the best character. Easily. No contest. The most logical person in this entire clown parade.
Screenshot_2023-02-24_at_11.41.18_PM.png

God I wish she pulled that trigger.

Last edited:
Back