• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Anyway, JPG1 is looking good so far, there is some decent Tier 5 feats in this thing. There's also a point where Optimus enters a black hole, because he wanted to extract cocaine nucleon

And season 5 of G1 is goofy as shit

Nucleon, cocaine, same thing

After I read through all the IDW Bayverse comics, I’ll compile some stuff cause I’ve already seen a couple of powers that they’re missing (notably Adaptation).

Nice. I might try to make some more profiles too, like Arcee and maybe Thundercracker.

Anyway, JPG1 is looking good so far, there is some decent Tier 5 feats in this thing. There's also a point where Optimus enters a black hole, because he wanted to extract cocaine nucleon

And season 5 of G1 is goofy as shit

That doesn't seem his standart form tho. And it says he was protected by a Phase Regulator Shield. The "phase" part seems to imply it may not be not the pure durability of the shield.

TBH, I'm not really sure if the current Star Convoy should scale to the OG. Like yes, they are implied to be the same body, but it's still iffy imo. Oh well.

I think it is fairly similar enough to earth so we can assume that they are around the same size. AFAIK, when calcing a planet of unknown size, they tend to use earth as a basis

TBH, I'm not really sure if the current Star Convoy should scale to the OG. Like yes, they are implied to be the same body, but it's still iffy imo. Oh well.
It was shown IIRC that this was a different body than the OG with a different origin.

Also he can only do this with the Matrix amped cannon it seems.

I'm pretty sure he claimed that he predicted this was a body he'll take in the future, ignoring the very different alt modes
Also he can only do this with the Matrix amped cannon it seems.
I think there are characters who do scale to it, and can also harm him.

I'm pretty sure he claimed that he predicted this was a body he'll take in the future, ignoring the very different alt modes

I think there are characters who do scale to it, and can also harm him.
IDK, I don't remember. You might be right.

He does not appear to use the amped attack against anyone else later but I could be wrong.

According to the earthquake page, it seems the Protoform landing at 0:53 visibly shaking seemingly a few city blocks is small building level (the exact distance doesn't seem to matter much when it is not too big of a gap).

@Emirp sumitpo @LordTracer

What about this one that shakes the inside of the Hoover Dam at 4:16 tho? It is not just a power outage. The place does indeed shake, the tables move visibly and the lights shake.

In the comic adaptation, the combined force of the Decepticons did this:

However, the movie only showed Starscream attacking the Hoover Dam, so it was likely only him in the movie version.

SS was never inside the Dam. So, his attack from the outside shook the inside.

I have no idea how to calc something like that, considering the size of the hoover dam, you'd likely get a tier 8 result or something like that

The Transformers’ physical performances were even harder to nail than their facial expressions. “We had to find a balance between selling the weight of these heavy characters and athleticism,” says Benza. “Michael never wanted to see these guys as lumbering robots. He wanted them to be agile, not limited by their weight. It was always a problem. In animation, you need to slow movement to get [the convincing impression of] weight.”

“He wanted the action to be fast, so he shot reference of stunt guys doing the spins, kicks and the martial arts actions he wanted,” says Paul Kavanagh, one of five animation leads on the show. “We got that footage and knew exactly what he required. But the action Michael wanted was performed by a 160-pound martial arts guy, and we were animating 6,000-pound robots!”

To bring the animation back into the realms of plausibility, the animators added extra frames to the reference footage of the stunt actors to slow their movements. “We could animate one-to-one to the reference, then go into the animation curve and stretch it out until it looked right to get a little more weight,” says Kavanagh.

On other occasions, the team kept the same frame rate, but added an extra action in the middle of a shot.
The animators also discovered that the closer the robots were to the camera, the faster the movements they could get away with. When their entire bodies were visible, the robot had to slow down. For emphasis, the animators even moved the robots from real time to slow motion within a shot

If this is the case, then shouldn't TFs be assumed to weight roughly as much as they look? They are a few tons. The VFX artist himself gave a 3 ton ("6000 pounds") as an example. This should apply to Protoforms as well, whose movements were also slowed down.

That sounds alright, however I'm not fully knowledgeable on this if this is solid enough to bring back the KE calcs. It'd probably best to just make a CRT

Speaking of CRTs, I'm planning on revising some stuff in the future in the same CRT Dark-Carioca is making. I don't fully remember what he wants to put in it. I plan to upgrade the IDW movie comic characters to Large Island level. I dunno if Tracer wants to compile his IDW movie comic updates in a seperate CRT or same CRT I dunno

Yea. Kinda underwhelming as I was expecting some country level stuff, close enough I guess. Hasn't been evaluated yet. He's waiting for evaluations of his other feats and he's apparently busy so it'll likely take a while before it comes.

That sounds alright, however I'm not fully knowledgeable on this if this is solid enough to bring back the KE calcs. It'd probably best to just make a CRT

Speaking of CRTs, I'm planning on revising some stuff in the future in the same CRT Dark-Carioca is making. I don't fully remember what he wants to put in it. I plan to upgrade the IDW movie comic characters to Large Island level. I dunno if Tracer wants to compile his IDW movie comic updates in a seperate CRT or same CRT I dunno
It’s gonna take a while before I actually compile scans for the comics so I’ll keep it separate.

Hmm, ok.

TBH, I think at least City to possibly Large Island is fine, since they do have some anti feats. Sentinel himself was knocked out by that impact while inside Ark.

Also, I've said this before, but are explpsions sizes on space/moon the same as the same explosion would be on Earth? I couldn't find anyone to answer this yet unfortunately.

TBH, I think at least City to possibly Large Island is fine, since they do have some anti feats. Sentinel himself was knocked out by that impact while inside Ark.
I'm still looking for some stuff. But I plan on putting them at straight up Large Island level, not gonna post why here, but I will in the CRT

Also, I've said this before, but are explpsions sizes on space/moon the same as the same explosion would be on Earth? I couldn't find anyone to answer this yet unfortunately.
I think it's supposedly lower due to lack of air? I dunno tbh

Cool. You're thoughts on Primestar's post?
6,000 pounds would be 2721.554 kg.

Using the old re-entry formula:

0.5(2721.554)*11000^2 = 1.64654017e11 joules, or about 39.35 tons (City Block level).

I suppose it works, it would only put them a bit higher into 8-B.

Damn is there stuff I missed?
Maybe. I haven't gotten to reading the novels as I've been busy, and I've been pretty slow with progress due to irl stuff.

6,000 pounds would be 2721.554 kg.

Using the old re-entry formula:

0.5(2721.554)*11000^2 = 1.64654017e11 joules, or about 39.35 tons (City Block level).

I suppose it works, it would only put them a bit higher into 8-B.
Actually they're moving at Mach 45 according to a scene in ROTF. Using Mach 45 instead of 11000, we get 77 tons of TNT or 8-B+, which can upscale some to 8-A

TBF, novels seem to be barely canon since John Barber said he didn't read all of them in an interview. Even straight up said that the novels condradicted the comics (he gave Longarm having different origins as an example).

From what I've read, in Veiled Threat, OP was scared of falling off a cliff (it was shown to be lethal to him). Though the heavy hitter TFs were shown to be impervious to some of the human weaponry (some missiles etc). Sabot was their weakness here as well.

In Ghosts of Yesterday, Bumblebee was struggling with a giant worm creature. The reason given was that the creature was just very big and could drill through rock (the type of rock mentioned was something that existed IRL).

I am kind of a Bayverse fanboy as you can prolly tell, but I must bring these anti feats up if I want to be fair.

Novels are debatable, it's why I was reluctant due to it's questionable canoncity. I may end up not reading them at all.

Also I have it somewhere, but I did a really rough calc of the reign of starscream explosion and I got 6-C to High 7-A. Don't take my word for it tho, the calc surely has a lot of flaws in it.

Last edited:
Back