• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

The scaling for mine is that regular cybertronians are 6-A to High 6-A. God tiers are around 5-A up to 4-B. They're all in that area of FTL to FTL+ lmao. Titans are 4-A to 3-C.

Mine sorta

Last edited:
My scale (pre-Earth shenanigans) is basically:
High 6-B to 6-A low tiers
6-A to 5-A mid tiers
5-A to High 4-C high tiers
High 4-C+ to 4-B top tiers

Everyone is FTL at the minimum cause Energon blasters are light speed, and MFTL+ at peak because Menasor, Megatron and Shockwave can easily fly to other solar systems.

I thought flying to other solar systems in a short amount of time is FTL+ and not MFTL+? If that's the case, this might upgrade some characters such as Movie megs or phase sixers.

With the way I calced it, I got MFTL+. Shockwave and Megatron flying from Alpha Centauri to our solar system in five minutes is 459,684.68c, and Alpha Centauri is the closest solar system to ours.

Ah, I see. Can I see the calc? I should probably ask someone for the calc in order to travel to different solar systems in a short amount of time. Because characters that would get upgraded with this would be:

• Prime megs
  • All movie Megatrons
  • All movie starscreams
  • IDW movie shockwave
  • The phase sixers. And some other characters I'm likely forgetting.

From what I've seen of the average, it's FTL+.

Really all I did was take the distance and time and put it in this speed calculator.

Alpha Centauri is 4.37 light years (4.1343e13 km) away from Earth’s solar system and Megs and Shocky flew there in five minutes.

Plugging that into the calculator gets 1.3781e+14 m/s, which is MFTL+.

How do I input travelling 5 light hours in 15 minutes? Also I don't think it's that possible to calc the phase sixers travelling solar systems or any of the other feats so no upgrade.

Five light hours would be equivalent to 5.396e9 km, so putting that and the 15 min timeframe in the calculator would get 5995556000 m/s, or roughly 20x SoL. So FTL+.

So I did a calc for Movie megs. Previously we agreed that movie megs travelled to another solar system in ROTF. Using the distance between our solar system and alpha centauri as above as a low-ball. The timeframe I used was 24 hours, because according to this calc, dark carioca said that megs travelled to the nemesis in a day. I'm not sure where he got it from, but ok.

Using the calculator, we get 1070390000000 miles per hour, which is FTL. Very epik.

Starscream scales to this of course. As well as their IDW movie comic counterparts. However, the IDW movie stuff could have FTL for reactions and combat speed as I don't recall anything that contradicts FTL, unlike the movie. So a pretty nice FTL upgrade for combat, reactions and flight for the IDW movie stuff overall.

Should I place this in a blog and what do ya'll think about this?

Last edited:
@Emirp sumitpo
The page says that even though Cybertron tried to tie in to the Energon cartoon, there were still unexplained contimuity errors (in the US dub).

About IDW movieverse, how much does travel speed in space scale to combat reactions?

@Emirp sumitpo
The page says that even though Cybertron tried to tie in to the Energon cartoon, there were still unexplained contimuity errors (in the US dub).

About IDW movieverse, how much does travel speed in space scale to combat reactions?
That's likely the fault of the dubbing theme although it's not their fault hasbro try to shoehorn 2 seperate properties

I dunno, but according to the speed page, you're reaction speed should be comparable to your flight speed unless contradicted, there wasn't anything about space specifying or how it differs. So unless contradicted, I think FTL can scale to their combat and reactions for the IDW movie comics, however depends if the calc itself is correct, as I can't find where it is stated that Megatron travelled to another solar system in a day

The timeframe was never stated, but it is clear from the movie that Megatron travelled there in a short time (maybe a day, or a couple of days at best IIRC) . I mean Alpha Centarui is lightYEARS apart, and since Megatron sure as hell didn't take years to travel there in the movie, it should easily be FTL either way.

I think a day is good low ball I guess, consider in the timeline of events in the film. I doubt it took him seconds, minutes or hours tho. And from what I understand, travelling to other solar systems in a relative short timeframe is a at the very least FTL, so either way, they'd be FTL. However, I feel like I should try to find the timeframe just in case or to be sure.

IDK how much space travel scales to reactions, tho since space is mostly empty, it is said that there's not much to bump in to anyway. But as I said, IDK.

IDK how much space travel scales to reactions, tho since space is mostly empty, there's not much to bump in to.
A lot of other verses do scale flight speed in space to reactions, and the point is that you still need to manuever your direction, so logically your reactions should e somewhere around your flight speed.

A lot of other verses do scale flight speed in space to reactions, and the point is that you still need to manuever your direction, so logically your reactions should e somewhere around your flight speed.
Yeah, but since the distance in question is so large, how much and fast would he need to manevour?

Also, he may have travelled in a straight line.

I dunno, but there's not any proper contradictions to it, and considering many other verses do the same iirc, then he should scale.

I dunno, but there's not any proper contradictions to it, and considering many other verses do the same iirc, then he should scale.
Some differentiate.

But IDK.

Some differentiate.

But IDK.
Because they have actual contradictions afaik. I think FTL for reactions and combat is fine.

Because they have actual contradictions afaik. I think FTL for reactions and combat is fine.
I don't think Fox SS had condradictions.

If I' being honest, I think we would find condrsdictions to FTL reactions in most TF stories (as a franchise), since TFs generally aren't portrayed as speedsters but I'm not sure.

Yeah, a lot of TF stories are contradicted by being able to be harmed by weaponry that are far slower than FTL, such as the bayfilms or Transformers prime, or they're only FTL via special tech or through spaceships, which contradict FTL. So FTL isn't that common when it comes to combat and reactions.

Funnily enough, for a speedster, blurr isn't actually that fast in most media, I think the G1 toy bio only stated him being able to move at supersonic or something

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of TF stories are contradicted by being able to be harmed by weaponry that are far slower than FTL, such as the bayfilms or Transformers prime, or they're only FTL via special tech or through giant spaceships, which contradict FTL. So FTL isn't that common when it comes to combat and reactions.

Funnily enough, for a speedster, blurr isn't actually that fast in most media, I think the G1 toy bio only stated him being able to move at supersonic or something
With G1, everything is too inconsistent (the cartoon).

One minute, Megatron survives planetary explosion point blank, the other minute, he gets stomped by dinosaurs. Even tge writers admitted tgat they didn't care about quality and consistency when writing it.

Also, wasn't Megatron also damagrd from falling a few dozen meters in the 86 movie? I might be misrecalling.

With G1 comic, I don't remember any reaction feats tbh. Swindle couldn't react to a tank shell, that's all I remember.

Yeah, a lot of TF stories are contradicted by being able to be harmed by weaponry that are far slower than FTL, such as the bayfilms or Transformers prime, or they're only FTL via special tech or through spaceships, which contradict FTL. So FTL isn't that common when it comes to combat and reactions.

If I am being absolutely honest, there are also somre low showings in the Bay movies like you say.

G1 actually has a bunch of MHS feats iirc. And while G1 is pretty iconsistent, it has shown it's fair share of tier 6- 5 feats, so it's not that iffy.
Even tge writers admitted tgat they didn't care about writing it.
It's very clear that G1 was a toy commercial lol
Also, wasn't Megatron also damagrd from falling a few dozen meters in the 86 movie? I might be misrecalling.
He got smashed in the chest by Optimus and was relatively crippled prior. That was the main damage, not the fall.

G1 actually has a bunch of MHS feats iirc. And while G1 is pretty iconsistent, it has shown it's fair share of tier 6- 5 feats, so it's not that iffy.

It's very clear that G1 was a toy commercial lol

He got smashed in the chest by Optimus and was relatively crippled prior. That was the main damage, not the fall.
I'll have to watch the whole show to comment accurately for the consistency TBH.

Honestly, the G1 Marvel comic charaxters are sometimes wanked. There are a shitton of anti feats where it is stated falling off a cliff would be fatal to OP or Megatron and they have been knocked out by gas explosions many times, yet people wank to town level physicality, or even mountain range level to plabet level.

At best, firepower shown in the bios doesn't scale to physicality, at worst, firepower level has been retconned to lower levels.

And they've never busted more than a building at best IIRC.

I'll have to watch the whole show to comment accurately for the consistency TBH.

Honestly, the G1 comic charaxters are sometimes wanked. There are a shitton of anti feats where it is stated falling off a cliff would be fatal to OP or Megatron and they have been knocked out by gas explosions many times, yet people wank to town level physicality, or even mountain range level to plabet level.

At best, firepower shown in the bios doesn't scale to physicality, at worst, firepower level has been retconned to lower levels.
We don't use the toy bios.

I think the claim that G1 is tier 6 to tier 5 is legit.

Marvel G1 is consistently tier 8 to tier 7 iirc. PMOP did not "survive" unicron exploding, it's more immortality type 2 than anything. And there's also other context missing out on that scene. I don't know how anyone can call PMOP getting reduced to a horrific pile of scrap with a radio for a mouth surviving

I've seen claims from fans that the average TF can only get a scratch from a low yield nuke (due to a detail from Metroplex's bio). Even though tge writer who wrote the bio consistently portayed falling off a clifc as fatal. That is how Gears was temporariky killed for example. It was portayed as lethal or geaviky dangerous even for Megatron.

Only the G2 era high tiers are possibly nuke level and the OP form from the final US G1 issue.

I'm not talking about the toy bios, but the bios written by Bob Budiansky in the Universe handbooks. Those are canon to Marvel.

Even those bios portayed TF's stats as below nuke level, more like building level for the most part.

Ah those. The Marvel G1 stuff was wack, I'd argue that is probably the most inconsistent continuity where it comes to feats. Which is hilarious, because it was written by marvel. heh

Ah those. The Marvel G1 stuff was wack, I'd argue that is probably the most inconsistent continuity where it comes to feats. Which is hilarious, because it was written by marvel. heh
Marvel is pretty inconsistent TBH (616).

I think Marvel TF is one of the more consistent TF verses TBH overall.

The cartoon universes and IDW seem more inconsistent.

@Emirp sumitpo
I would also say Bayverse is pretty inconsistent, but they DID explain how human weaponry can harm TFs (sabot rounds exploiting the heat vulnerability).

BB movie is more inconsistent. One minute, TFs no sell falls from space, the other minute, BB gets heavily damaged from falling off a cliff or getting bullrushed by an army jeep.

If you notice, Bayverse almost never had TFs get damaged from stuff like this, besides that one time wher a car crash killed Hatchet, but even that could be attributed to Dino's strength.

Bee is in a pod, he didn't exactly no sell it. The bayverse movies are the arguable most consistent in it's feats imo.
Yeah.

Though some of its tie-in material are pretty inconsistent.

Titan Mag for example.

The DOTM novel had Crankcase get run over and die from a normal car.

I think IDW Bayverse is pretty consistent overall.

It seems like BB, Shatter and Dropkick ditched their pods when arrivinf to Earth tho? Wouldn't S7 have found bits and pieces of the pods even if they were destroyed during the landing? Especially BB's pod.

I think the pod thing was added after the movie was re-cut. We only see them in the Cybertron scene and the Cliffjumper scene. So, when BB, Shatter and Dropkick's planet fall was animated, they weren't animated with the pods in mind, because they didn't yet exist.

I guess so, I always figured the pods were just completely destroyed upon impact.
Maybe but wouldn't they have to experience some of the impact when the pods are so small?

I think there needs to be some calcs made for the BB movie overall. We still don't know the yield of Seeker missiles (Cybertron tower collapse) for sure, or BB's dam busting feat (I think the latter might be building level, IDK).

@Emirp sumitpo
One last thing I will say is that RG1 Galvatron and Ultra Magnus may be city level due to an explosion they survived in one issue.

Though even RG1 versions were somewhat hurt by falling hundreds of meters height into Cybertron surface in mere pages before the explosion feat. So, even that's a little inconsistent.

They were not portrayed at this level in the original US/UK and have many anti feats, so I wouldn't say this counts for the originals tho.

Also, RG1 Megatron has hacking abilities, as that is how he single handedly wiped out the human race, by redirecting the nukes humanity launched at him back to the human cities.

Last edited:
Back