• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

I somehow keep forgetting to check this thread and stop getting notifications from it.

I’m just wondering but what exactly is the resonaing for brawl(bay formers) tank mode being a M1 Abrams? Because I’ve looked at pics of his tank form and some M1 Abrams’s but they look a little different

Not all M1 abrams look the same, afaik. but promotional material label him as an M1 abrams. Also his tank mode is clearly stylized, with the spikes on the front for instance

I don'tt have scans unfortunately, but afaik, apparently some of his toys label him as an m1 abrams, according to TFwiki, he is an M1

I’m gonna shill my fanfiction here again cause I’ve been working on the scaling

Goddamn, I'm still waiting on geting RID 2001's feats calced, as well as waiting to put the other multiversal profiles that have been siiting in the back doing nothing.

And I'm gonna do the dick move and skip the unicron trilogy, and just do galaxy force instead so I don't have to watch energon. I'm such a hack.

But if we were to do the unicron trilogy stuff. I feel that they need to be seperated, like what they do with Goku's profile.

Goddamn, I'm still waiting on geting RID 2001's feats calced, as well as waiting to put the other multiversal profiles that have been siiting in the back doing nothing.

And I'm gonna do the dick move and skip the unicron trilogy, and just do galaxy force instead so I don't have to watch energon. I'm such a hack.

But if we were to do the unicron trilogy stuff. I feel that they need to be seperated, like what they do with Goku's profile.

Like UT and Micron trilogy?

No. There's no micron trilogy. The unicron trilogy in japan was not even a trilogy, as galaxy force was intended to be a reboot, and sperate for micron legend and super link. Hasbro just decided to import it as a sequel. That's what differs galaxy force and cybertron. Energon and Armada don't have any significant if any differences from micron legend and super link to justify seperate profiles.

No. There's no micron trilogy. The unicron trilogy in japan was not even a trilogy, as galaxy force was intended to be a reboot, and sperate for micron legend and super link. Hasbro just decided to import it as a sequel. That's what differs galaxy force and cybertron. Energon and Armada don't have any significant if any differences from micron legend and super link to justify seperate profiles.
Japan states otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that has been discarded by fans as being untrue, as it tries to connect UT to the Japanese G1 continuity. Galaxy force was made with the intention to be a reboot

It is, but that does not mean it doesn't have its own set of contradictions. That is literally the only thing that suggest galaxy force connects to the other shows. There are way more things that suggest galaxy force is seperate from the rest of micron legend and super link. Because it's simple, Galaxy force, just like the aligned continuity, is stuck together with other media because hasbro wanted them to be one universe despite the creators of those media never having that in mind.

It is, but that does not mean it doesn't have its own set of contradictions. That is literally the only thing that suggest galaxy force connects to the other shows. There are way more things that suggest galaxy force is seperate from the rest of micron legend and super link. Because it's simple, Galaxy force, just like the aligned continuity, is stuck together with other show because hasbro wanted them to be one universe despite the creators of those media never having that in mind.
Understandable.

I'm pretty sure that has been discarded by fans as being untrue, as it tries to connect UT to the Japanese G1 continuity. Galaxy force was made with the intention to be a reboot
In Kiss Players, Galaxy Force is seperate to G1 according to TFWiki.

Also, in that chart Shadey Boi posted, UT is seperate from G1. It has no lines connecting it to G1, unlike stuff like Headmasters. So, the chart is still valid.

It's still the only thing that connects Galaxy force to the micron legend continuity. Pretty much a lot of other things contreadict that, plus the fact that the showrunners very likely didn't intend for Galaxy force to be connected to the show before it.

This isn't the first time Hasbro or Takara has tried to shoehorn 2 seperate things into one continuity

It's still the only thing that connects Galaxy force to the micron legend continuity. Pretty much a lot of other things contreadict that, plus the fact that the showrunners very likely didn't intend for Galaxy force to be connected to the show before it.

This isn't the first time Hasbro or Takara has tried to shoehorn 2 seperate things into one continuity
Well, it's Takara's word. These timelines are supposed to be valid. Takara is very consistent when it comes to its timelines that even pack-in manga follows them and try to explain continuity errors of fiction from decades ago. Unlike Hasbro with Aligned, Takara is adamant when it comes to timelines.

I've heard on TFWiki that GF was always supposed to be connected but then was turned into a reboot and then retconned back into ML. Not aure how true that is but just putting it out there.

Also, if the Balancing Act is to be believed, Unicron Singularity messes up the timeline, so that could exolain the continuity errors.

I've heard on TFWiki that it was always supposed to be connected but then was turned into a reboot and then retconned back into ML. Not aure how true that is but just putting it out there.
Source? I can't find such a thing
Takara is very consistent when itbcomes to its timelines that even pack-in manga tries to explain continuity errors of fiction from decades ago. Unlike Hasbro with Aligned, Takara is adamant when it comes to timelines.
Takara retcons their timelines a lot, and it makes it even more confusing. They don't exactly "fix" anything

I'm pretty sure that one explains the Cybertron, but not galaxy force. It's made very clear that the Japanese and american dubs are 2 seperate universes. Even Micron legend is listed as seperate from Galaxy Force.
As I told you before, JM himself said that universal streams aren't necessarily universes. But even if that was the case, that doesn't prevent GF from happening in both MD and its own timeline. Something can happen in two different worlds. And there are many examples for that.

"Takara retcons their timelines a lot, and it makes it even more confusing. They don't exactly "fix" anything"
They don't tend to remove what story they add, they just add to things. And GF being canon to MD has not been retconndd, so...

As I told you before, JM himself said that universal streams aren't necessarily universes. But even if that was the case, that doesn't prevent GF from happening in both MD and its own timeline. Something can happen in two different worlds.
True, but is that proof that the 2 are 100 percent canon.

Tho now I just realized that this is pointless as I can technically just watch Cybertron and skip energon, and do what Dragonball does.

Still tho, the end product still contradicts many of what happens in Energon. Just like how Prime contradicts many things that happen in WFC. If we were to go with the mindset 2 things happening in one timeline, we would have a lot of of composite profiles, which are generally banned. Like with that in mind, I can put together both Marvel G1 and G1 cartoon Optimus despite the 2 showing vastly different feats.

Also, how stromg is normal GF Megatron?

I've seen him destroy a planrt but that was apparently a really small planet (like, bulding sized and also full of volatile energon).

I've hears that he survived the enrrgon star that destroyed a solar system sized pocket dimension. IDK how much he would be tanking from that.

I've heard that he couldn't blow up a small asteroid.

I've seen him tank a punch from OP that sent him to the moon.

Also, I remember some robot get damaged by re-entry in the first episode.

I've hears that Galvatron survived Multiversal collapse (universal in the show).

Still tho, the end product still contradicts many of what happens in Energon. Just like how Prime contradicts many things that happen in WFC. If we were to go with the mindset 2 things happening in one timeline, we would have a lot of of composite profiles, which are generally banned. Like with that in mind, I can put together both Marvel G1 and G1 cartoon Optimus despite the 2 showing vastly different feats.
Not necessarily.

For Marvel, the 86 movie or the comic adaptstion is canon. Nothing else from the cartoon. That's not really composite.

If GF is canon to MD, then that's just how it is.

Bay films haopen in the IDW movie comics.

BW cartoon is canon to IDW BW.

It's just how it is, these specific stories are canon to two universes.

It's not really composite.

Also, how stromg is normal GF Megatron?

I've seen him destroy a planrt but that was apparently a really small planet.

I've hears that he survived the enrrgon star that destroyed a solar system sized pocket dimension. IDK how much he would be tanking from that.

I've heard that he couldn't blow up a small asteroid.

I've seen him tank a punch from OP that sent him to the moon.

Also, I remember some robot get damaged by re-entry in the first episode.

I've hears that Galvatron survived Multiversal collapse (universal in the show).
I dunno, I remember tier 5 to 4 stuff in GF, but I don't recall tier 3 tbh.

f GF is canon to MD, then that's just how it is.
No? This shows a lot of contradictions between both shows.

I dunno, I remember tier 5 to 4 stuff in GF, but I don't recall tier 3 tbh.

No? This shows a lot of contradictions between both shows.
That list seems to be for the Cybertron version. If the US version is accepted as the UT trilogy with all those continuity errors, then the same can be done for MD after the timeline retcon.

Especially if Hasbro's explanation with the Unicron Singularity counts for the Takara one (Takara does acknowledge the US fiction in their stories, so it would 't be too much of a stretch).

That list seems to be for the Cybertron version. If the US version is accepted as the UT trilogy with all those continuity errors, then the same can be done for MD after the timeline retcon.

Especially if Hasbro's explanation with the Unicron Singularity counts for the Takara one (Takara does acknowledge the US fiction in their stories, so it would 't be too much of a stretch).
It applies for the Japanese dub, because Galaxy force doesn't have many translational differences than cybertron, except cybertron has some things as an attempt to connect previous shows iirc.

Back