• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

TLK is the worst for me, that was the first movie I saw that made me want to leave the theater lol.

Is it tragic when the extended or tie-in bayverse media are actually good and infinitely better than the regular movies. And they also possess better feats.

I always pirated the Transformers movies, being honest here, I am glad I didn't support those movies even though my younger self liked them
Unfortunately, I saw AoE and TLK in theaters and my mom and dad had the first three on dvd.

Is it tragic when the extended or tie-in bayverse media are actually good and infinitely better than the regular movies. And they also possess better feats.
Being honest here, the reason for that is because only Disney could realistic pull off a Transformers only movie, with just the robots and no humans

Has anyone read the DOTM novel? It's actually surprisingly quite good, either that or I'm just impressed by it after seeing DOTM which is the best Bay film imo.

The ranking for me is:

1. Dotm
2. 2007
3. AOE
4. TLK
5. ROTF

Now that I think about it, each Bayverse movie had at least one thing it did “right” imo, apart from TLK.

2007 - Was overall an alright to good-ish movie and had a lot of stuff I enjoyed.
RotF - The forest battle was cool.
DotM - My favorite of the five movies, mostly for the same reasons as 2007, I just enjoyed it more.
AoE - I really like AoE Lockdown, the Dinobot designs and lineup (solely because of Scorn), and the scene where they invaded KSI was cool.

For me its
1. Dotm
2. RoTF
3. 2007
4. TLK
5. AoE

Being honest here, Dotm and RoTF are just there for the fight scenes, Forest Battle is Iconic, and the final battle of RoTF is cool. Plus, Sideswipe is good

Seeing Optimus blitz throught decepticons on DoTM was so epic at the time, he killing Shockwave when I had no idea of the legacy of the character was also cool, and the final fight with the tag team of Megatron

The last 3 didn't leaved a mark on me, 07 had the arrival on Earth which was cool, but compared to the other, there isn't any fight scene that marked me

TLK and AoE were both horrible, AoE had Lockdown vs Optimus, but being honest, I have a grudge with that movie so even though it has better fight scenes in my opinion, it'll always be bottom of the scoreboard for me

Thank God for Bumblebee. I still think the movie would've been good even without the G1 bits.
Bumblebee was neat, but I still wished we got something akin to the High Moon games were they show the war at its full prime (pun non intended), but I know that it is not possible without a huge studio backing it up

Weren’t they planning a fully animated prequel of the Great War? I remember hearing rumors about that before Bumblebee came out.

There's a new transformers director and they said there's gonna be a new film in 2022, I think? Not sure what it'll be about? TBH, I'd rather they start from scratch rather than continue from bee, that would give the team more creative liberties with the story. I would've gone for something similar to IDW infiltration.

Unpopular opinion here, why Live action? I don't know why people really like Live Action more than animated, don't people know that animation is way better for those things since you can do alot with 2D and 3D animation that you can't do with real humans

The animated series were far better than most of the live action films.

I'm unwatching this thread now. Contact me if there's some scaling stuff, or anything like that.

Unpopular opinion here, why Live action? I don't know why people really like Live Action more than animated, don't people know that animation is way better for those things since you can do alot with 2D and 3D animation that you can't do with real humans
Because the film industry seems to want to make everything live action.

@ ByAsura Aight.

100% agreed. You can do a lot more creative things with animation. But with Live Action there are limitations.

So we finally got the feats calced

Our results are:

Blackout dislikes Planes: 11.64902151 Tons of TNT (City Block level)

Demolishor dislikes Bridges: 2.6352928114909343 Tons of TNT (Large Building level)

Lockdown dislikes Buildings: 0.06721465830108605 Tons of TNT (Small Building level)

And we have 8-A using the weights from the guidebook and using mach 45. This is mainly for Optimus however, and if I remember right, his result isn't that high above baseline. So should we place everyone who directly scales to Optimus at 8-A and everyone who's around the level or below of blackout at 8-B? Or put everyone at 8-A?

The thing is that Blackout is nigh-Optimus level to begin with, so the entire verse can’t scale off of him.

So everyone should just scale to Optimus' 8-A. Or since we were iffy re-entry in the past should we use 8-B.

If we are going with 8-B, then everyone below blackout is High 8-C+, because blackout is baseline 8-B. Everyone significantly above him is At least 8-B

If we use Optimus' 8-A, and he's above baseline at 122.422084130019 tons of TNT, everyone significantly below him should be 8-B+. Everyone significantly above him is At least 8-A

I'm not sure why the guidebook wouldn't be reffering to Optimus' proto form state as well.

And to tbf, Optimus does survive re-entry on Cybertron, although gravity there is probably somewhat different I guess

There's nothing saying it wouldn't. And even if the proto form thing only applies for his regular mode. He still survives re-entry again in tlk

Back