• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

how come a mini series has better art than the main one? I would read the main one if the art was like that
It gets better as the series progresses tbh.

Fun fact, the artist of one of the issues, coralus, snuck in her design for a transformers version of josuke and rohan

Ok. Read through the entire run again. The best feat we have really is Devastator being High 8-C via sheer size and plus he rams and destroys some really big buildings. Devastator doesn't really scale to anyone. Oh well.

There is a big explosion, but I'm unsure if it can be calced.

Also, I'm gonna clean the Aligned profiles later on.

Last edited:
According to here, it would take 200 gigatons to destroy an asteroid, High 6-C. But I agree, it should probably be left out.

Random question, but am I the only one that thinks some Bayverse designs should be used more?

Like, it might just be my nostalgia, but Blackout, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Frenzy and Scorponok’s designs from the 2007 movie are my favorite designs for them and I wish they looked like that more often.

I'm surprised guys like Blackout never got the barricade treatment. He was arguably as popular as barricade was, yet somehow the only other media to use his design was animated. Also weird how we haven't seen lugnut nor bulkhead in a while.

I really like Stinger's and Crosshair's design.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that galvatron should've been someone like scourge or Gilthor?

Blackout was reused in animated, Brawl is an meh, not really that different, Bonecrusher maybe, now Frenzy and Scorponok I don't really like

I'm surprised guys like Blackout never got the barricade treatment. He was arguably as popular as barricade was, yet somehow the only other media to use his design was animated. Also weird how we haven't seen lugnut nor bulkhead in a while.

I really like Stinger's and Crosshair's design.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that galvatron should've been someone like scourge or Gilthor?
I mean, it was the body created my Megatron, so I think Galvatron fits more

I mean, it was the body created my Megatron, so I think Galvatron fits more
Well, yeah, but according the stanley tucci guy, he designed Galvatron to look like Optimus. Gilthor would've made somewhat more sense, as he is an artificial amalgamation of Optimus and Megatron.

Well, yeah, but according the stanley tucci guy, he designed Galvatron to look like Optimus. Gilthor would've made somewhat more sense, as he is an artificial amalgamation of Optimus and Megatron.
He tried, but Megatron was the one who build his body, not ST guy. Besides, going from Megatron to Gilthor, as a name choice, seems kinda odd compared to just changing the Mega to Galva

#MakeBlackoutARecurringDecepticon

I guess so. But I think it'd probably fit better if it was an Optimus looking guy, but then he had Megatron design cues started coming over. And I'm a bit bias towards Gilthor.

Do you think the crossover characters need profiles? I find it surprising a lot of the recent crossovers are actually quite good.

Aw hell yeah.

I don't think there was anything note-worthy in transformers vs terminator, which is actually quite good even tho I expected edgy crap. I'm not sure for Ghostbusters...

I can’t because I’ve only planned that far, I haven’t actually written it yet

But yah, Blackout is the TiC, he’s one of the few people that can give Optimus or Elita a run for their money, he gets to deal with Starscream and Fracture bickering all the time, and he’s overall one of the most important Decepticons in the series (only Barricade, Soundwave and Shockwave truly surpass him in importance).

He’s also drinking buddies with Tarn, just cause I thought that’d be cool.

I know but it’s not done yet and I’d rather specifically talk to TF fans about it

It’s kind of a mix of G1 (IDW specifically), Prime and Bayverse, but a lot of designs are Bayverse based. All the Decepticons I listed earlier (Blackout, Bonecrusher, Frenzy, Scorponok, and Brawl) have their Bayverse designs, and a few Autobots do (notably, Longarm and Ironhide).

I never understood why Nitro Zeus had such a following tbh
I guess that people thought that he was the new Shockwave? Either way, all decepticons didn't really felt that importnat in the movie, they shwoed up to be killed by the Autobots, I feel like if Bay just focused on Megatron and Barricade it would be better

It’s kind of a mix of G1 (IDW specifically), Prime and Bayverse, but a lot of designs are Bayverse based. All the Decepticons I listed earlier (Blackout, Bonecrusher, Frenzy, Scorponok, and Brawl) have their Bayverse designs, and a few Autobots do (notably, Longarm and Ironhide).
Like I said, I don't really like Frenzy and Scorponok's designs, but being honest, some Bayverse designs could work on G1 if they were G1fied

I think Frenzy is just nostalgia for me, I don’t really have another reason for liking his design. But with Scorponok, I’m keeping the Bayverse thing of him being Blackout’s Minicon, so I kept his Bayverse design as well.

What the actual **** is that
TL;DR One of the Ghostbusters villains arrive. Asks the decepticons how they want to die. Starscream fantasizes himself being THAT strong of him being able to destroy Cybertron. The villain becomes the embodiment of "Be careful what you wish for". And then turns into a giant starscream and starts to massacre.

The comic is quite good ngl

I guess that people thought that he was the new Shockwave? Either way, all decepticons didn't really felt that importnat in the movie, they shwoed up to be killed by the Autobots, I feel like if Bay just focused on Megatron and Barricade it would be better
I totally agree with this. There was no real reason for him to bring Barricade back (especially when they said he died in DotM) if he wasn’t going to do anything with him. But I guess it’s just a thing for the Bayverse movies to not give the Decepticons character development.

Also, if you think about it and just alter some bits.

AOE, just like the 2007 movie, can work without the humans.

Well, Barricade apparently ended up as the most popular Decepticon of the Bayverse according to popularity polls, so there is that, I also like his design from TLK.

Also worth noting that by "better" I don't mean that the movies would be good

Also, if you think about it and just alter some bits.

AOE, just like the 2007 movie, can work without the humans.
Being honest here, AoE is the worst movie of the Bayverse for me, it was the first Transformers movie that I saw and was like "man, this sucks so bad lol", cause I was too young when the first 3 came so I was just like "Explosion!"

Back