• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

I saw that, but that isn't his normal fusion cannon, he only used his normal fusion cannon once and he had knockback

Ye, I found it earlier. Don't really know why link the RoTF clip but regardless, Megatron is not different enough and there is not a single thing that it implies that he got weaker

Ye, I found it earlier. Don't really know why link the RoTF clip but regardless, Megatron is not different enough and there is not a single thing that it implies that he got weaker
He isn't fighting the same way he did in 2007. Plus it doesn't help that Optimus definitely got some more training in while he was dead and learned how to use his Swords way better, so not only was he not used to his new proportions, he rushed off to do shit before getting used to his new body.

He isn't fighting the same way he did in 2007. Plus it doesn't help that Optimus definitely got some more training in while he was dead and learned how to use his Swords way better, so not only was he not used to his new proportions, he rushed off to do shit before getting used to his new body.
I don't think Optimus got stronger tho, as stated previously, he was likely holding back against megs in 2007

I think that you mean "Optimus is now going all out and Megatron can't counter that" I really don't see that mich difference, also the fact that Optimus got more skilled doesn't mean that Megatron got weaker. Again, provide some evodence that he actually needed to get used to his body, otherwise that is headcannon

It's not really Headcanon when he's literally not fighting the same way. He's not doing the same kind of Brawling that he used to fight Optimus before. He just kind of got his shit rocked.

I mean, the implication by the guides that a bloodlusted Optimus could fight evenly with Megatron, while a rotf megs couldn't stand a chance against a bloodlusted Optimus kinda shows Optimus > Megatron

I mean, the implication by the guides that a bloodlusted Optimus could fight evenly with Megatron, while a rotf megs couldn't stand a chance against a bloodlusted Optimus kinda shows Optimus > Megatron
That's what I've been saying. I'm also pretty sure Optimus has been training. Why wouldn't he? He knows there are still Decepticons remaining.

I mean, again, why would Optimus getting stronger would imply that Megatron gpt weaker? Also, what do you mean his style is different? It really isn't that different, he rams at Optimus in his alt mode at both fights, he tries to grab Optimus on the 2nd fight like the first one but he gets denied and he alsp shoots Optimus in both fights. There isn't even that much material of Megatron fighting Optimus in the first movie to claim that he is fighting different

I agree there, Megatron doesn't seem to have a different fighting style. But he does seem somewhat weaker in term of physicals, as I stated earlier.

I mean, again, why would Optimus getting stronger would imply that Megatron gpt weaker? Also, what do you mean his style is different? It really isn't that different, he rams at Optimus in his alt mode at both fights, he tries to grab Optimus on the 2nd fight like the first one but he gets denied and he alsp shoots Optimus in both fights. There isn't even that much material of Megatron fighting Optimus in the first movie to claim that he is fighting different
It just doesn't look the same, especially since Optimus just Overpowers the **** out of him, Starscream and Grindor with his Swords unlike in 2007. Those swords are such an important part of Prime's Arsenal that Galvatron was literally designed with a Wood Chipper Hole in his chest to get rid of them in AOE.

See, here is the thing, I don't deny that OP got more skilled, but why is that a argument that supports that Megatron got weaker? OP never even used the swords against Megs on the 1st movie, and I do remember someone from KSI saying that the hole was there cause it was cool

Galvatron literally shoves Prime's Sword into the hole and destroys his sword. Also, I'm not saying Megatron got weaker, just that he wasn't used to his shit yet. Emirp is one saying he got weaker.

I think the hole was actually there because megs was subconciouslly and secretly designing his own body or something.

I think the hole was actually there because megs was subconciouslly and secretly designing his own body or something.
Yes, that is exactly why. He designed the body based off his 2007 Blueprints you can see in the scene where Galvatron was first shown being built and intended to counter Prime's fighting style.

For me it is just that Optimus got more skilled to deal with Megatron rather than the latter needing to get used to his new body. Regardless, it is 4 am, so I'll sleep, good night mates and have fun debating, I guess

Also, as for argument for 2007 > ROTF. The guide implies bloodlusted Optimus = 2007 Megs. Prime was holding back as there were innocents in the area. Optimus was clearly bloodlusted against megs in rotf. There weren't any innocents in the area, and Optimus' fighting style against megs was similar to that with him against bonecrusher, a lot more violent. And ROTF megs couldn't stand a chance against optimus.I don't fighting style or getting used to his body has much to do with this.

good night to ya

I haven't seen all his stuff, but from what I remember from one of his vids, or it's probably the only one I remember out of all the one I watched, he says that the fallen gave starscream the tattoos, and one comment said why starscream couldn't have just placed it on himself, he said he couldn't hade made it on his own so perfectly, like what makes you think starscrea doesn't know his own way around his body. Another was how prime got his shield in aoe, when it was very much implied he got it from the knight ship.

RotF Megatron is close enough to 2007 Megatron that it doesn’t need to be a separate key. Megatron could damage Optimus, and is at least comparable to Starscream and Grindor (both of whom wouldn’t be that far beneath his 2007 counterpart).

I’ll give my opinion on scaling for the other characters soon.

Welp, rip I guess.

My new suggestion is we do what frieza did in his low 4-C key, kinda....

"Despite being seomwhat inferior to his prior body, he could still harm a bloodlusted Optimus"

New Keys:
Optimus - 2007 | RotF-DotM | AoE-TLK
Megatron - 2007-RotF | DotM | TLK
Bumblebee - 2007-DotM | AoE-TLK
Barricade - 2007-DotM | TLK

2007 Optimus fought somewhat evenly with 2007 Megatron, with Megatron appearing to have a slight edge in strength.

RotF Megatron is capable of damaging RotF Optimus, but Optimus was able to outmatch him, Starscream and Grindor while enraged.

DotM Megatron was totally bodied by Optimus and hasn’t fully recovered from his wound in RotF.

AoE-TLK Optimus should at least be equal, if not stronger than his RotF-DotM counterpart.

TLK Megatron should at least be equal to his 2007 self.

Pre-AoE Bee finished off a weakened Brawl and somewhat held off Starscream in RotF (iirc). AoE-TLK Bee held his own against Lockdown, Nemesis Prime and Megatron for brief periods of time.

Ironhide should be superior to Pre-AoE Bee since he can survive attacks from Starscream (albeit with difficulty) without protection while Bee had his legs blown off.

Ratchet is superior to Ironhide due to taking Starscream’s attacks with significantly less difficulty and taking Brawl down with a headshot.

Jazz... he could kinda stagger Brawl with his gun and kick off one of his missile launchers. He also staggered 2007 Megatron and survived a point-blank-ish attack from him.

Sideswipe survived a shot to the shoulder from Sentinel Prime at point-blank range and should be at least comparable to Ironhide.

Sentinel Prime overpowered DotM Optimus.

Without vehicle weights, Crosshairs doesn’t have much to go off of tbh.

Hound knocked TLK Megatron over, and he survived a shot from his fusion cannon.

Grimlock survived attacks from AoE Optimus, but is clearly inferior to him.

Starscream is superior to Ratchet and Ironhide, and damn near sent the latter flying with his missiles. He could also damage Optimus during the forest battle, and survive several attacks from him.

2007-DotM Barricade is relative to Bumblebee, although slightly weaker. TLK Barricade survived attacks from TLK Bee and a tail swipe from Grimlock.

Blackout was confident in fighting 2007 Optimus alongside 2007 Megatron, and should be comparable to Grindor since they’re nearly identical in a physical sense. Grindor was able to harm Optimus during the forest battle, and when his severed arm hit Megatron’s arm, it had enough force to spin him around.

Brawl fought Ironhide, Ratchet and Jazz simultaneously.

Bonecrusher should be stronger than Brawl since Optimus squared up against him, and he could stagger Optimus with his blows.

Shockwave could shoot Optimus down.

Soundwave is straight up featless tbh. He got stomped by Bee, he didn’t land a single blow against him. Maybe we could scale him above Ravage, who could chip damage Bee.

Lockdown overpowered AoE Optimus.

Galvatron fought on par with AoE Optimus.

If he's at least comparable I don't think he should get 3 keys, also the guide implies Optimus is holding back against megs during the 2007 movie.

I doubt lockdown is physically stronger than Optimus, Optimus even knocks him down toward the end of the fight, before he goes saves cade.

Crosshairs could kill the ksi drones, who could harm Hound. I stated these in my scale chart

I'd say Optimus is equal to Lockdown physically. Prime was eventually winning until he killed Kelsey Grammer's character.

IMO, it goes Sentinel ~ (around, in this case equal or superior) Prime = Megatron = Lockdown > Starscream > Ratchet > Ironhide > Bumblebee. Blackout is in an unknown position, but likely on the stronger side, between Megatron and Ironhide. Brawl fought reasonably well against Ironhide and Jazz, even taking fire from Ratchet.

Last edited:
Back