• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God Small CRT - Resistance to Sense Manipulation and Diesease Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very simple and straightforward, Charlie stated that his White Noise doesn't work well on Rankers, which is an ability that can turn all the five senses of his target into a white daze, indicating that Rankers can withstand the White Noise's effects.

Members of the 10 Great Families are stated to be immune to most of the diseases, and they aren't seriously affected by the diseases that they aren't immune, and even so, they don't even need medication to recover from these specific diseases, and this scales to all Rankers and all High Rankers as the page itself implies that shinsoo's resistance is what plays a major role to that they don't get most of the diseases

Basically what I propose is to add Resistance to Sense Manipulation and Disease Manipulation to Shinsoo's page in the resistance section based on what I said above.

Last edited:
Disagree, as Charlie said that it doesn't work well in [fights] with Rankers, which is different from it not working well against Rankers. It not working well in fights could also mean that Ranker level folk can simply dodge or destroy the attack before they're affected easily.

Disagree, as Charlie said that it doesn't work well in [fights] with Rankers, which is different from it not working well against Rankers. It not working well in fights could also mean that Ranker level folk can simply dodge or destroy the attack before they're affected easily.
Wouldn't that fall under Occam's razor? It's presumptious to say that it can be avoided while it's not presumptious to say that it's something that Rankers, people who already resist such stuff as mind hax, resist it.

Tho it could also be due to shinsu sensing. Reminder that it worked against base Thorn amp Baam, when only TSM is the one with 20+ km range super sense, 120km+ if scaling to Zata Dahard

A possibly wouldn't be bad

I personally prefer to give a straightforward resistance to sense manipulation, but I am not against the commitment to add an "likely" or "possibly" for it on shinsoo's page

If there is nothing special about Rankers that would make his ability less effective (like if their no faster than the normal guys he's using it on) then a solid resistance is fine because he would have just said "their to fast" or something else like that, but a "likely" would be the safest option. The resistance to disease seems fin though I'd prefer a scan instead of a link to that verse's wiki page.

If there is nothing special about Rankers that would make his ability less effective (like if their no faster than the normal guys he's using it on) then a solid resistance is fine because he would have just said "their to fast" or something else like that, but a "likely" would be the safest option. The resistance to disease seems fin though I'd prefer a scan instead of a link to that verse's wiki page.
Okay, so the "Likely" for the Resistance to Sense Manipulation seems to be the safest, which I agree

And about the Resistance to Disease Manipulation, it doesn't exactly have a scan, but a translation of the WoG statement on one of SIU's blog posts which he posts at the end of each chapter he releases, and it is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back