• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tower of God: Shinsu Resistance(S) and a small extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
This totally means we could have a physiology page too...

Shinsu Explanation
"Shinsu is the world itself" it's the basis of the tower, the source of energy: It can be light, water or fire, it can change in infinite ways, Shinsu is the main weapon in the tower, since highly concentrated shinsu is so strong, everyone uses shinsu: "So all the contestants of the tower uses shinsu to fight".

Shinsu Resistance:
Since shinsu is a high concentration energy, the capacity to deal with shinsu is important, since shinsu can even hinder your moves if your shinsu resistance is lower than the surrounding concentration, the capacity to deal with high concentration of shinsu is called shinsu resistance.

Some resistance granted by this are(old resistances):
  • Minor Matter Immobilization: Depending on how much shinsoo can be controlled against the enemy, the user is able to hinder the walk of the opponent.
  • Energy Manipulation/Energy Density: By controlling shinsoo, the people can control its very high density.
  • Pain Manipulation: Shinsoo causes immense pain to the opponent if large amounts of shinsoo are collected in one place.
New resistances
But there's more resistance to it, since literally every use of any form of shinsu is included aswell this includes:
Possible abilities: Altough the exact extra nature of some shinsu abilities makes me wonder if they have or not these resistances, but these should be its own category like High shinsu resistance:

High shinsu resistance
Resistance to

Add Ability to Doom...
Doom has the ability to transform other species into Canine people forcefully, which should be Biological Modification in his profile it's only added as Power bestowal
Power Bestowal (Can give to ordinary people, the power of the Transformations, he is also capable of forcibly giving these canine powers to the others against their will)

Last edited:
Looks good at a glance. I agree.

Shouldn't they also resist acid manipulation? It was implied in the current arc that you need especially potent acid in order to harm rankers (or was it high-rankers?) with it.

Shouldn't they also resist acid manipulation? It was implied in the current arc that you need especially potent acid in order to harm rankers (or was it high-rankers?) with it.
Yeah they do, I just forgot lol...
Edit; Should it be for shinsu resistance or High shinsu resistance?
Yuri also passed through the boiling acid of the workshop WITHOUT using hardly any shinsu resistance(may be due to Ha Family innate body ;p)

I agree with all that, I think would be better to add Acid Manipulation in the High Shinsoo Resistance section, as Yuri would have no problem in withstanding the Workshop's Boiling Acid, which is capable of fully dissolving living beings if she used shinsoo and Doom was able to resist a likely much superior acid of the Boiling Acid, whereas Zahard Empire and The Workshop seem to have a good relationship, with Zahard Empire getting their top tier products, while FUG had to sneak in The Worshop to steal some inferior stuff in comparison to the Zahard Empire, which should include acid

Also, I assume that all characters will get Resistance to Elemental Manipulation (which are Light Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Ire Manipulation, Temperature Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Possibly Air Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Ice Manipulation)? While Season 3 Baam (I don't know this is correct as it looked like Baam would be affected by Doom's power if it wasn't for his Limited Power Absorption), Rankers, High Rankers and characters comparable or superior to the latters such as Transformed Hell Joe

Last edited:
While Season 3 Baam (I don't know this is correct as it looked like Baam would be affected by Doom's power if it wasn't for his Limited Power Absorption), Rankers, High Rankers and characters comparable or superior to the latters such as Transformed Hell Joe
Yeah I planned on everyone who classifies as a high ranker to be part of the high shinsu resistance. edit: Tho I don't think base S3 Bam does

And Higher forms of Bam should classify to high shinsu resistance too ofc, We should do a page for this tho... like a physiology page, we already have shinsoo manipulation page, and now a large list of resistances... the problem is the name I got nothing

Sounds good, Shinsoo or Shinsoo user sounds great... Now we wait more opinions and some mods opinions and seal the deal.
wait till the day that shinsu resistance grants resistance to Existence Erasure

I think its better just add it to the Shinsoo Manipulation page, as the characters use shinsoo around their bodies to withstood the powers you listed

Aria was unaffected by Baam's black shinsoo, which further reinforces the Corrosion Inducement Resistance to High Rankers, also, Yuri was able to resist the effects of Karaka's Biological Absorption with her shinsoo resistance, so I think the Resistance to Biological Absorption should be added to the High Shinso Resistance section if possible, what do you think of the Yuri's and Aria's examples, @ImNot4nUser?

Which version of Season 3 Baam do you think should added to the High Shinsoo Resistance? His Red Thryssa Transformations tabber or True Self Mode tabber?

Karaka's Biological Absorption with her shinsoo resistance, so I think the Resistance to Biological Absorption should be added to the High Shinso Resistance section if possible, what do you think of the Yuri's and Aria's examples
No, that Karaka effect has to do more with lifting strenght imo, since it could affect Cheonhee another high ranker, showing the physical difference between the two, I also thought of it but discarded it...

Don't see problem with Aria example tho I do with the PIS of Rak and Khun surviving it too
Which version of Season 3 Baam do you think should added to the High Shinsoo Resistance? His Red Thryssa Transformations tabber or True Self Mode tabber?
Red Tryssa and upward imo, tho I could hear more opinions, TSM is kinda obvious and a "yeah."

No, that Karaka effect has to do more with lifting strenght imo, since it could affect Cheonhee another high ranker, showing the physical difference between the two, I also thought of it but discarded it...

Don't see problem with Aria example tho I do with the PIS of Rak and Khun surviving it too

Red Tryssa and upward imo, tho I could hear more opinions, TSM is kinda obvious and a "yeah."
It's a shame, but do you think that characters who have comparable and superior Lifting Strength to Base Yuri could have it? Also, I recently found out that calc of the Hell Train could be used as LS feat and its 148x baseline Class T and average Rankers scales to 1/3 of it

I also think we should add the High Shinsoo Resistance to the Red Thryssa Transformations tabber, and so it looks like everything is fine, I think it's just a question of calling a mod to approve the proposal of the thread

It's a shame, but do you think that characters who have comparable and superior Lifting Strength to Base Yuri could have it? Also, I recently found out that calc of the Hell Train could be used as LS feat and its 148x baseline Class T and average Rankers scales to 1/3 of it
IDK if it would be more of a limit to it, for example, I don't think we grant resistance to TK just because they try to TK you but you've a higher LS than the TK dude...
will not be available soon so, can someone write on the wall of the mods that support TOG?

What a shame, but at least we will get a legitimate Class T LS feat. Base Baam having Class T LS would be strange, but is what it is

I think I can call the mods, but I will have do to it later

Also, for the Resistance to Corrosion Inducement explanation, I think it should like this: Corrosion Inducement (High Rankers are able to resist Unleashed True Self Mode Baam's black shinsoo, which possess corrosive attributes)

Hmmm.
We only need another mod, but that's the problem not the solution :|
also
I think its better just add it to the Shinsoo Manipulation page, as the characters use shinsoo around their bodies to withstood the powers you listed
technically, they don't need to control shinsu to have shinsu resistance, every being in the tower has shinsu resistance independant if they know or not know how to control shinsu, it's a natural defense to the energy: Eel's can't control shinsu but has a great shinsu resistance. This could be misleading since ppl could think shinsu resistance due to being affiliated to shinsu could be power null.
If anything, I think Shinsu manipulation should be a sub section of "Shinsoo" page

This? How?
innate shinsu characteristic? literally one of its most basic characteristics which is a must know of shinsu, see this
an example of putting high concentration shinsu is Lero Ro which put the concentration of floor 30 to a dude(tho in that case he almost killed the no rank regular coz of the other had low shinsu resistance)

Hmmm.
We only need another mod, but that's the problem not the solution :|
also

technically, they don't need to control shinsu to have shinsu resistance, every being in the tower has shinsu resistance independant if they know or not know how to control shinsu, it's a natural defense to the energy: Eel's can't control shinsu but has a great shinsu resistance. This could be misleading since ppl could think shinsu resistance due to being affiliated to shinsu could be power null.
If anything, I think Shinsu manipulation should be a sub section of "Shinsoo" page
Wait, I thought just one mod and several people agreeing to a CRT was enough for proposals to be added, such as we did with Arie Swordsmanship and the Irregular Acausality for Irregulars

So, shinsoo being used around a person's body just reinforces their natural shinsoo resistance, I guess?

That's one of the issues ppl had with that CRT, tho it was accepted coz of Elizhaa saying it should be fine.

innate shinsu characteristic? literally one of its most basic characteristics which is a must know of shinsu, see this

an example of putting high concentration shinsu is Lero Ro which put the concentration of floor 30 to a dude(tho in that case he almost killed the no rank regular coz of the other had low shinsu resistance)
I am saying how is it matter manip

I am saying how is it matter manip
Shinsu is basically matter. It can be bent in any way shape and form, it is all elements and can be in in any state of matter be it liquid, solis, gas and even stuff like light. To be honest it may be more than matter as overall shinsoo control also includes time-space manipulation (the latest time reversal shenanigans and Urek's spatial rupture attack).

Shinsu is basically matter. It can be bent in any way shape and form, it is all elements and can be in in any state of matter be it liquid, solis, gas and even stuff like light. To be honest it may be more than matter as overall shinsoo control also includes time-space manipulation (the latest time reversal shenanigans and Urek's spatial rupture attack).
No shinsu is energy not exactly matter but well

bump? This need anything else or aside of that we can apply this, coz there is nothing opposed and a mod already agree'd
I still prefer the Shinsoo page over it being a sub division of shinsoo manipulation

bump? This need anything else or aside of that we can apply this, coz there is nothing opposed and a mod already agree'd
I still prefer the Shinsoo page over it being a sub division of shinsoo manipulation
Hmm, I don't think there's anything to add, I think the changes can be applied, if you want, you can start
If I knew how to change the name of "Shinsoo Manipulation" page to "Shinsoo" I would do this, but unfortunately I don't know how to change the name of the profiles or pages

Wait, I think I remembered another example we could give in the High Shinsoo Resistance category, I remember Pedro saying that the extremely potent poison of Purple Dementor was only able to make High Rankers temporarily lose their consciousness, which means the poison is just somewhat effective against High Rankers

Also, if this is accepted, the High Rankers would have some layers of poison resistance because of this scaling: High Rankers poison resistance >= Purple Dementor poison > Charlie's poisoned needle poison > Base Baam poison resistance > Snake Spell = poison baseline

If I knew how to change the name of "Shinsoo Manipulation" page to "Shinsoo" I would do this, but unfortunately I don't know how to change the name of the profiles or pages
I will ask Ant to see if he can help, and alright in everything else, will wait till tomorrow just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back