• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touma's possible upgrade

So, i had seen that Touma previously destroyed Othinus' Gungnir. And it was said that said weapon was what made her a full magic god. So shouldn't Touma be High 1-C with Imagine Breaker?

That's first.

Second, Touma should have immense willpower and resistance to mind manipulation on his profile due to resisting Othinus crippling him in multiple worlds?

Third, Touma fought and kept up with Accelerator, who can keep up with Fuze=Kazikri, so shouldn't he be Massively Hypersonic and have superhuman speed on his profile?

That's all.

I don't care if you guys don't agree with this. I just want your opinions about it. And if you happen to agree on it, then we can do the upgrades on Touma's profile.

On her profile here on the wiki, on the To Aru wiki and in the manga (Although I don't remember which chapter)

EDIT: I also remember that it's in the novel as well.

1. Maybe, though the destructive technique of Gungnir technically is not stated to do more than destroy the universe.

2. Immense willpower yes (though I don't know where to put that on his profile...), but that isn't resistance to mind manipulation. We even know for a fact that people like Misaki can influence him.

3. No, Touma is explicitely on the level of a human as stated on several occassions. Any fighting of fast characters is only possible due to his precog (and in accels case, because he didn't fight very well at the times he fough touma). He can not actually move that fast and would be incapable of defeating a normal soldier in combat.

Also the Gungnir was only shown in the hands of Full magic god Othinus and it's stated in her profile that this weapon is what makes her a Full magic god.

Muhammedmco said:
Also the Gungnir was only shown in the hands of Full magic god Othinus and it's stated in her profile that this weapon is what makes her a Full magic god.
All the power actually lies by Othinus, Gungnir is only what enables her to properly use her power due to freeing her from the 50/50 restriction.

What this comes down to is entirely how strong one estimates the effect of throwing Gungnir to be, which is what Touma blocked.

I am indecisive in regards to that. Let's wait and see what the other people say...

When we decided to upgrade the Magic Gods we also decided to wait and see how IB does against more stuff before deciding to upgrade it or to consider it an outlier, as there is evidence both in favor and against. No upgrades for now.

As DontTalk said, willpower doesn't give resistance to mind manipulation. There are some weaker mind control abilities that can be thrown off with willpower yes, but plenty of others laugh at it, like Misaki who has no issue manipulating Touma if IB is not in the way. His willpower is already noted in his stamina section.

As DontTalk also said, Touma is in no way, shape or form at those levels of speeds, otherwise he wouldn't have issues with regular humans or bullets/Saints. Any fast "reaction" feats you can think of are either product of his "Precognition" or outliers. As for fighting Accelerator, none of the three fights would give him that level of speed.

1: Accelerator has zero fighting skills and doesn't use super speed beyond linear bursts of speed (likely never entering subsonic-supersonic territory) that Touma shouldn't have issues predicting.

2: Accelerator stays immobile most of the fight swinging his wings at Touma and secretly hoping Touma is going to win and beat him because he's still on his "he's the hero and I'm the villain" phase.

3: Accelerator throws the match.

Back