• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Toaru] Morality Manipulation for Othinus

Proposal: Othinus should have Morality Manipulation. If possible, could I reword it to Personality Manipulation instead?

Reasoning: She could change Touma's personality, but either knew there would be consequences for doing so or had her own reasons, such as searching for an "understander".
“Forcing yourself never ends well. You will always pay some kind of price. Magic God
Othinus did not show much restraint, but even she never messed with Kamijou Touma’s
head, such as directly altering his personality.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Reverse Between the Lines 2
[Speculation] Doing so may have prematurely drawn out the One who Purifies God and Slays Demons. Given that they're brought up in the same volume, the two scans likely share the same motif.
(The One who Purifies God and Slays Demons?)

[...]

“I’m here because you wished for me, Kamijou Touma. That’s why I have this form. You
made the wish, didn’t you? You knew it was an absurd idea, but during that war you
wished you could have used Imagine Breaker more effectively. You wondered if the real
way to use it was hidden in your lost memories.If it wasn’t for your regrets, I never would
have had to think about something as silly as using your lost memories to play the role of
Kamijou Touma and using Imagine Breaker more cleverly than you!!!!!!”

“You never would have...had to think?”

“I’m nothing more than an ability—something that distorts quantum physics. I was
supposed to have nothing of my own. My sense of self, my personality to overcome any
adversity, and my memories that you lack? It all only exists because you wished it to.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Reverse Chapter 4 Part 10

Last edited:
Wait... am I missing it or do the MGs not have mind manipulation listed? Weird that I missed that...
They should just have general purpose mind manipulation, given how Othinus could use her reality warping to make humanity act different, change memories etc.

Yeah, if nobody has problems with that I will add that sometime soon.

Mind Manipulation does kinda include that. If we go with adding all subcategories we would need to add morality and empathic too.

So what is it? Just Mind Manip or all subtypes separately?

Aren't that all or which one would not be included?
Morality is included (made Touma's friends willing to kill him), Memories is included (changed memories of humanity), Empathic should be included (e.g. got rid of hatred in the happy world).
Ehhh... which other subtypes do we have?

Aren't that all or which one would not be included?
Morality is included (made Touma's friends willing to kill him), Memories is included (changed memories of humanity), Empathic should be included (e.g. got rid of hatred in the happy world).
Ehhh... which other subtypes do we have?
memory? She made everyone forget the previous world and may be fear manip?

Back