• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touma vs Voldemort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this time Touma can get an opponent that's within his capabilities to beat, unlike the last four times.

Fighters: Kamijou Touma and Voldemort. Strongest versions, so current Touma and Voldemort with the Elder Wand.

Time: Morning

Starting Distance: 50 meters

Standar conditions otherwise (No prep, no previous knowledge on the opponent and both are in character).

Well, Imagine Breaker will only work if he can touch it with his right hand, so as long as Voldemort keeps spamming Avada Kedavra, I don't see why Touma can't beat him to a pulp.

That said, Voldemort is cocky, but not stupid, being a genius and all. If there's a statue or two nearby he could use Piertotum Locomotor to animate it to attack and restrain Touma before firing Avada Kedavra, though I do recall that Touma fought Sherry's golem, but I can't remember how he punched it.

@Reppuzan IIRC, animated objects break down when Touma touches them with IB. So i don't think he's getting restrained by any statues.

He could still get hit, it's more like he can also prevent that. That said I've given it some thought, what if a projectile was hurtled with magical force like an object? After that what happens? Can Touma stop the projectile's momentum or not at alll?

IB's effect would depend on the object. A object built through magic would easily crumble and fall apart, a normal object enchanted to move would likely simply stop moving as the spell animating it is negated. And yes, Touma can negate an object's momentum if it is directly supernatural, but not if it's indirectly. For example:

Sherry's golem Ellis punching Touma, with Touma intercepting it with his own punch. The golem's momentum is directly caused by the supernatural, so it's negated. In fact, Touma only hurt his hand in his last clash with Ellis because, even if the momentum is negated, a normal human will likely hurt his hand by punching solid stone with all their strength. Same thing happens with Mikoto's iron sand and Railgun.

An opposite example of the novels, Accelerator throws a steel beam into the gravel ground he and Touma are fighting in. The steel beam propels gravel in all directions. Touma can't negate the momentum of this gravel since it was caused by the steel beam hitting hit, so the source is only indirectly supernatural. Same thing happens in the movie when Stiyl uses his fire magic to drop a pillar on Touma. Touma can't negate that even if the original cause was supernatural.

Touma negating misakas railgun only happened at the scene in the railgun manga on the bridge, right? I still think that's a blunder given that the novel all other depictions show the railgun to hsoot past toumas head and because the railgun should not be negateable (the direct phenomenon is misaka creating a electromagnetic field, the coin being accelerated is actually an indirect effect). It's also kind of OOC for Misaka IMO to point potentially lethal force against touma.

But I am off topic. Touma will not have much of a problem defending against any spell directly pointed at him, given that a wand makes it very easy to aimdodge, which is toumas expertise after all.

I also don't think any indirect spells such as large amounts of projectiles would work given that touma has demonstrated defending against such. Animated statues are likely not useful as well, because they, as LazyHunter mentioned, will just stop moving on contact.

To that comes that IB might have quite a bad effect on someone who has magically split his soul in parts.

That said it depends on how bright Voldemort fights here. He has flight, in other words if he is bright he just stays 3 meters above ground and with that out of reach. Like that he will just eventually win. Well touma probably can come up with some strategies knowing him, but in the end in addition with teleportation voldemort probably can evade most things thrown at him if he goes using the defensive strategy.

voldemort has bigger range, versality and can mostlikely attack long enough in order to cause him to lose stamina... in close range touma takes this but the battle happens with 50 meters, and after seeing that direct spells dont work i would say vold will go into range and try various things until winning :/

@DontTalk

Might be an incosistency since he hasn't done it anymore, but in OT1 IB is mentioned to be capable of negating Mikoto's Railgun. And wouldn't the Railgun's case be similar to Mikoto using magnetism to move her iron sand, as both movements are directly caused by her powers?

@GreatestSin

The problem is that Voldemort is not bloodlusted, he's in character. As such, he's an arrogant wizard who looks down on basically everyone who's not at his level like Dumbledore. Furthermore, remember that one important aspect of his character is the hate for muggles. When he sees Touma trying to fight him without carrying a wand, what do you think he's going to mistake Touma for until Touma has negated his spells? Not to mention that he's arrogant enough that seeing his spells negated like that is probably going to surprise him, which can give Touma the opening he needs to get close to him. And Touma wen through NT8-10, so Voldmort is going to have to try for a long time before Touma is out of stamina.

^touma wasnt fighting non-stop in that volumes, in NT8 he mostly ran around, in NT9 he more or less only recieved stuff and in NT10 he had breaks between each fight, being attacked non-stop with spells of different forms and strengths can easily deplete his stamina,

but if vold is in-char than yeah, there is a chance that he wouldnt go into distance, but i go with him, more versality, and if he attacks from two or more directions his chances will only increase :)

PS: for the railgun thingy: i always thought it was a case similar to acceleraotr shooting a stone, the inital force comes from a supernatural source but the movement will be natural and not negatable after the object in question leaves the users influence (this is why accel cant stop a stone he shot in midair right before hitting the target and i think the same is true for the railgun too)...

^ In NT8 Touma ran through Tokyo and fought Freyja and multiple monsters in top of a train. In NT9 he was tortured and killed billions of times. In NT10 he went through a gauntlet of several powerful characters, being damaged nearly every time, and still had enough energy to get to the end. Even with the small breaks between each fight (which would not be nearly enough to completely recover, much less when some fights start almost immediately after the last one ended), all of that was in a single day, leagues beyond anything the potterverse has showed in terms of stamina, both physically and mentally. I find more likely that Voldemort will tire himself out first trying to kill Touma than him managing to tire Touma down. This is not the kind of battle that will be decided by stamina.

Using large scale magic is useless against imagine breaker. Avada Kedavra maybe cannot be completely negated by IB but still cannot overpower touma, also if that scenario happend touma just using same strategy when he against accel blackwing.

I don't see why Avada Kedavra can't be completely negated by IB. It's not some massive angelic-supernatural phenomenon like Archangel Gabriel, the Holy Right, or Accel's wings. It's just a single spell that's a mere projectile. Not to mention the fact that Touma has MUCH better reactions.

^Reppuzan

Remamber touma cannot compeletely negate innocentius flame sword because its Regenerationn speed is faster than IB negation speed right? So maybe it is same case with Avada Kedavra. But you're right, even that scenario happend I dont think Avada Kedavra could overpower IB.

Also I agree that touma has better reaction, thats why I vote for touma.

It only regenerated because the Rune Cards till existed. Once Touma turned on the sprinklers to make the ink run, Innocentius was taken out in one hit.

Maybe you're right, I dont really know about Avada Kedavra mechanism, thats why I just say it's just scenario. I just assume this scenario after watch Harry last battle against voldemort when their magic is clashed.

That was a special case since Harry's and Voldemort's wands had the same core and thus triggered Priori Incantem, which is the clash of magic. In addition, Voldemort's use of the Elder Wand backfired since it technically did not belong to him since Harry was the master of the Deathly Hallows.

Voting for Touma on this one.

Touma should be able to see virtually all of Voldemort's attacks coming given his precog, the fact that Riddle uses a wand should make it easy for Touma to dodge everything

Plus in the event that Touma doesn't aim dodge, he should be able to neglect most of Voldemort's offense with his right hand. Since spells like Avada Kedavra are magic and therefore a supernatural force, I see no reason why IB should be able to negate Riddle's magic.

Voldemort would have a better chance if he went in for the kill right away, however his arrogance wouldn't allow that

Even if Voldemort went all out while bloodlusted Touma has fought and defeated much faster and much more skilled and capable opponents in the past.

Plus, if this is resurrected Voldemort; wouldn't he die if Touma touched him with Imagine Breaker?

I'm voting for Touma.

So I think the votes are as of now:

Touma: 5 (CoreOfimBalance(COB), Reppuzan, MakinaYuki, Yojimbo1989, Plyen)

Voldemort: 1 (GreatestSin)

I'm not sure if DontTalk's vote was for Voldemort or Touma, since this is Voldemort in-character, who doesn't seem to be the smartest guy when if comes to fights if put in the spot due to his arrogance (unless Dumbledore is involved).

I vote Touma for reasons stated above. There's also the possibility of Voldemort's attacks accidentally releasing the Invisible Thing, which he almost certainly has no defense against

Didn't expect this to get more votes. Since the thread is pretty old do we count the votes and add it or should it be closed?

IIRC, the request addition thread is for matches involving protected profiles so that admins can add them, neither Touma or Voldemort are locked. If the two new votes are valid I think we could just add it after the 1-day waiting period

Touma can negate all of Voldemort's attacks, is far faster and planet level against beings such as him. This seems like a stomp.

@Cropfist

I'm not saying I disagree, but I'm just saying that the Planet level portion isn't what makes this a stomp.

@Cropfist

Touma can negate Voldemort's spells, true, but only if he blocks them with IB or if they are one of the "target all body at once" spells like Levicorpus or Petrificus Totalus. A slicing spell to the neck or blasting curse to the head will kill him just like a regular human. The difference in speed between Normal Human and Peak Human doesn't seem that wide, regular humans have kept up with Touma before in Toaru and Voldemort has the reactions to keep up. Anyway, I can always equalize speed if you really think it's an issue. As for the AP, as Reppuzan said, this doesn't affect Voldemort or guys with supernatural bodies (as seen by Saints and Magic Gods not being affected), it's only against beings with bodies entirely made of supernatural energy/power like Gabriel or Hyouka.

I don't really feel that a match where both opponents can realistically defeat each other and there's no large difference in speed/hax is a stomp.

@Cropfist

Touma is something of an unusual case in the sense that whilst he is capable of negating attacks up to planet level he himself is only around peak human, it's just his ability that enables him to do that and only assuming that he can block it with his right hand.

Imperio, match over. Nothing to block he'd just be controlled. Voldemort is perfectly capable of harming the rest of Touma's body. Create an army of inferi, Avada Kedavra isn't the only spell he knows, once it doesn't work the first few times, he'd switch to other spells, he is a genius wizard after all. Anyways. There are lots of spells that aren't projectiles.

Here's a funny thought. Levicorpus is not a projectile spell. He keeps suspending touma upside down, he keeps releasing himself with IB and landing on his head till his neck breaks ir he suffers brain damage lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back