• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tough (Manga) Complete Revision

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alright so, over the last few months I've been working on and off to revise this manga series, it's one of the longest-running manga out there at over 1000 chapters, and overall, a pretty good martial arts manga, I have plenty of gripes with it but overall I'd definitely recommend it.

Here is the profile for the protagonist, Kiichi Miyazawa, and here are the renewed profiles for the other currently existing profiles, as well as beta versions of the other profiles I'm planning to make. The reference errors should fix themselves as I post and remove other pages from the sandbox... probably

There's a thing to note though, due to Tough's overall obscurity, there's a lot of still untranslated material. There's a couple untranslated one-shots, one of them is about a character that has no crossover with mainline and as such shouldn't matter, and the other is a non-canonical story where Kiryu picks up guns to fight a bunch of zombies (and shockingly enough that is not the first thing i've seen that fits that exact description), so no big deal.

More relevantly, the first main series (out of three), Koukou Tekkenden Tough, isn't fully translated, with 332 (EDIT: 343) out of 420+ chapters being currently available in English. The third and currently ongoing series, Tough: Ryuu wo Tsugu Otoko, also only has 119 chapters translated out of 300-ish. This will likely solve itself with time, there is a translation team currently working on TRTO though at the moment they are on break, but I thought I should mention it, the great majority of content is translated and indexed so it's fine in the grand scheme of things, just a bit of a bummer. When the translations resume, I'll comment additions on this thread as I read them, that's faster than making a CRT.

Last edited:
The profiles look pretty good and complete scrolling through them albeit I did sorta glance through them but even then they're good

I was gonna mention the references but you already covered that in the op

I've applied everything (minus a few more profiles I'll make over time), I'll leave the thread open so I can comment additions when the translation resumes.

I'll leave the thread open so I can comment additions when the translation resumes.
Volume 31 of the original series got translated, I'll be reading it and commenting if any changes have to be added.

Additions:

LS

Should be comparable to Kazo Fujita, who could rip off a car's door, despite car doors all being designed to withstand over a ton of force without serious damage, as well as right the car itself from within.

NA&T
  • Spirit Breaker: A leaping headbutt with the body's entire weight behind it.
  • Destructive Moth Technique: A highly complex joint lock that evolves as it's being performed, transitioning from something resembling an armbar to a lock that places the arm behind the head and inflicts incredible and ever-growing pain, and will result in a dislocation and tendon damage if one attempts to break out of it.
  • Eel Choke: A strangling technique performed with the legs, that compresses the target's carotid arteries, eventually resulting in unconsciousness.
Standard Tactics:

Unlike most, fear of an opponent only makes Kiichi more eager to fight them, due to his sheer enjoyment of fighting, to the point that he downright doesn't even think of winning or losing when he's in a fight, even when there is a real possibility of death.

Iron Kiba:

Withstood dozens of attacks that Oton thought would be the decisive blow in their fight, and continued fighting afterwards.

Edgar C. Garcia:

Regeneration (Low. After suffering critical injuries, Garcia recovered at incredible speeds, while most humans would have died instead)

Subsonic movement speed (Capable of catching up to a running car on foot in a small timeframe. Should be comparable, if not superior, to characters such as Oton)

Tough Gaiden Ch. 120 translation just dropped. Two very notable things. First, Kiichi has a new info analysis/precog feat where he manages to defeat someone much faster than him by predicting his attacks, and secondly, there's a new speed feat, one that, by the looks of it, will give higher than the current calc. I think rn this only scales to Kiichi, knowing Tough powerscaling it may end up scaling to literally everyone but Ryusei does doubt he could dodge a bullet so idk.

Should be fine, though does Kiichi fully scale to Hisoka's speed or is it due to the aforementioned AP?

i also included scans of them fighting, he's a little slower but definitely comparable

Ok so, it literally took them one day to translate the next chapter (and they just did yet another one, I can't see it cause ******** is blocked in italy but holy shit)

Seiko has a new move that's literally just Mind Manip, which I think is very funny. I think Kiryu and Son-O should have this too since they have statements, respectively, of knowing all of Seiko's moves and just literally all Nadashinkage moves. Also, Kiichi can cure blindness and was never evil, he just only accidentally looked like he was, which is... a way to solve that issue. Also, someone they're gonna fight in the next chapter is literally ******* invisible through, presumably, skill EDIT: Got access to the next chapter, it's tech

I have no idea what this manga is doing but anyways, fine to add this and the above?

Last edited:
i also included scans of them fighting, he's a little slower but definitely comparable
I guess an "at most" for Kiichi works, then.

Seiko has a new move that's literally just Mind Manip, which I think is very funny. I think Kiryu and Son-O should have this too since they have statements, respectively, of knowing all of Seiko's moves and just literally all Nadashinkage moves. Also, Kiichi can cure blindness and was never evil, he just only accidentally looked like he was, which is... a way to solve that issue. Also, someone they're gonna fight in the next chapter is literally ******* invisible through, presumably, skill EDIT: Got access to the next chapter, it's tech
I have no idea what this manga is doing but anyways, fine to add this and the above?
This shit is crazy dumb, looks like something you would see in Baki lol.

Anyway, yes, fine to add. I'd say Mind Manip for Kiryu and Son should be "likely", just for safety.

I guess an "at most" for Kiichi works, then.
It's the same rating, just a higher calc.
This shit is crazy dumb, looks like something you would see in Baki lol.
Oh yeah, not even the first time something like this happens (but probably the goofiest)
Anyway, yes, fine to add. I'd say Mind Manip for Kiryu and Son should be "likely", just for safety.
I mean this is like, a pretty consistent thing in their relationship, that they're basically exact moveset clones (In terms of Nadashin stuff, Seiko and Kiryu know some moves from other styles that they don't share) but just use them differently due to their personalities and also I'd have to go back and add "likely" to half their P&A

Last edited:
129, Kiichi and Garcia fight basically completely evenly, and also move so fast normal humans can't track the fight

I'm gonna be adding all this stuff once the round of translations end, don't wanna go edit profiles every day

Garcia is resistant to the Kaishuken, which is Chi and Bio hax, and the Hashinsho, which is pressure points. Kiichi and Garcia both have superhuman levels of dynamic vision, which allows them to perceive every single raindrop in a storm while occupied with a fight (which also allows them to fight in low visibility areas). They're compared to super high-speed cameras, which would put them at at least Supersonic+ reactions given that the definition of a high-speed camera is one that can record images with an exposure of less than 1/1000th of a second. This would then scale to combat speed. Also, Kiryu shares his Heart Burst issue with his children. Calling it now, the reason he's left so many is actually that he was hoping one would prove immune to it, and then transplant that heart into himself.

Translation's over for now, can I add?

Rookie mistake, that's the first thing you have to replace when turning into a cyborg
https://imgur.com/a/7UUdwGZ
Also, Garcia bonks the aforementioned sniper from hundreds of meters away by chucking the cyborg's eye at him which is... is this a weapon mastery feat?
Kinda? We technically lack a page for pure marksmanship, so I'd just cram it into enhanced senses.

As an update, the sniper was 100 m away and got killed, also Garcia is immune to the heart attack thing his previous versions suffered from
Yes, I know nothing, but the last can be removed if it was supposed to be a weakness (?)

129, Kiichi and Garcia fight basically completely evenly, and also move so fast normal humans can't track the fight

I'm gonna be adding all this stuff once the round of translations end, don't wanna go edit profiles every day
Sure

Garcia is resistant to the Kaishuken, which is Chi and Bio hax, and the Hashinsho, which is pressure points. Kiichi and Garcia both have superhuman levels of dynamic vision, which allows them to perceive every single raindrop in a storm while occupied with a fight (which also allows them to fight in low visibility areas). They're compared to super high-speed cameras, which would put them at at least Supersonic+ reactions given that the definition of a high-speed camera is one that can record images with an exposure of less than 1/1000th of a second. This would then scale to combat speed. Also, Kiryu shares his Heart Burst issue with his children. Calling it now, the reason he's left so many is actually that he was hoping one would prove immune to it, and then transplant that heart into himself.

Translation's over for now, can I add?
All looks good

Back