• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tough (Manga) Complete Revision

I'm gonna be adding all of this btw, forgot to earlier. Tough's been getting a lot of attention lately on the wiki, weirdly enough.
Really? Haven't seen much about it though I love. Think it's better than baki and kengan. Also isn't kiryuu just a lighter yujiro? I don't like that kiichi isn't the mc anymore.

Last edited:
Also isn't kiryuu just a lighter yujiro?
Kinda, yeah. He's a bit less evil, I guess.
I don't like that kiichi isn't the mc anymore.
I think it's fine that he isn't but I don't care for Ryusei much.
Wouldn't the monkey feat be really good?
The one where he dodges a bullet is alright, the one where he "blitzes" Kiichi is probably not usable cause Kiichi is capable of fighting him.

The one where he dodges a bullet is alright, the one where he "blitzes" Kiichi is probably not usable cause Kiichi is capable of fighting him.
He at least refrains from killing his wifes.
Also yeah I'm talking about the one where he dodged the bullet. Seemed pretty close to his face so it might give better results than the other feats. Also do we even have any other feat? Maybe the sniper feat of kiryuu altering the bullet trajectory?

Do you by any chance know if iron kiba slamming kiichi into the stadium is a feat worth looking at?

It's not really a feat at all because if you calculate it it probably ends up at something stupid high, but also it doesn't even crack the stadium's floor or is even felt that much by anyone nearby so I wouldn't really use it.

It's not really a feat at all because if you calculate it it probably ends up at something stupid high, but also it doesn't even crack the stadium's floor or is even felt that much by anyone nearby so I wouldn't really use it.
It did manage to crack a light stadium but you think it would end up as an outlier? Taking the force needed to break the light and extrapolating the force that kiichi was slammed with?

It would be an outlier if you calced it that way but it just doesn't make sense to begin with given that Kiichi's immediate surroundings would have been completely obliterated by a shockwave that strong whereas they don't even get scratched. There's also the fact that I don't know how you'd even get the energy to crack glass, or the fact that only one light broke where many should have given that they were all at the same distance more or less

It would be an outlier if you calced it that way but it just doesn't make sense to begin with given that Kiichi's immediate surroundings would have been completely obliterated by a shockwave that strong whereas they don't even get scratched. There's also the fact that I don't know how you'd even get the energy to crack glass, or the fact that only one light broke where many should have given that they were all at the same distance more or less
So it is just a nonsensical feat. Thanks for entertaining my question.

I'm going to be honest, it seems everything is an outlier, but if you give time to it, I think we can get the verse to building and hypersonic+, Why do you consider these outliers ?

I mean, for the reason you'd consider anything an outlier, characters consistently struggle with bullets, there's literally no legit feats above 9-B and those wall level showings are considered extremely impressive in-verse, stuff higher than that is both extremely questionable and sporadic to the point that even without feats countering them it'd probably be unusable with the exception of the sniper feat (and we don't even know where that lies scaling-wise given that it's not from a translated chapter), verse just ain't that high

I mean, for the reason you'd consider anything an outlier, characters consistently struggle with bullets, there's literally no legit feats above 9-B and those wall level showings are considered extremely impressive in-verse, stuff higher than that is both extremely questionable and sporadic to the point that even without feats countering them it'd probably be unusable with the exception of the sniper feat (and we don't even know where that lies scaling-wise given that it's not from a translated chapter), verse just ain't that high
Yeah like in the newest manga kiichi's father was struggling to punch through a wall. It was considered impressive that kiichi did it. I could see the verse going higher in speed but not beyond small building level.

Off the top of my head there's also that fight late-ish in Tough where Kiryu and Kiichi are seriously threatened by grenades and rocket launchers

The others at least have supernatural elements. Here it's just some normal real life stuff. And their feats aren't impressive enough to consider the guns as outliers espesially as they use ki to boost their attacks.

On the dam when kiryuu trains kiichi?
Yeah
I did have someone on another site claiming seiko was city level.
Yeah that's off the drum that, if you hit it hard enough with one specific attacks, summons a storm. Which is... probably just a weird quasi-mystical inherent property of the drum.

I actually saw someone posting about it on the Tough subreddit, someone posted my blog of calcs and they immediately went on to a rant talking about how VSBW downplays every verse, which was pretty funny
Even in anime like Demon Slayer and one piece guns are used and are actual threats so I don't get your point
I'm going to be honest, I don't really care how other people powerscale other verses that I don't care for at all.

Last edited:
Yeah

Yeah that's off the drum that, if you hit it hard enough with one specific attacks, summons a storm. Which is... probably just a weird quasi-mystical inherent property of the drum.

I actually saw someone posting about it on the Tough subreddit, someone posted my blog of calcs and they immediately went on to a rant talking about how VSBW downplays every verse, which was pretty funny

I'm going to be honest, I don't really care how other people powerscale other verses that I respectively don't care for at all and have no interest in seeing.
Reddit is actually braindead and proves that internet brain rot exists

I once debated with multiple people on whether a Gorrila would survive a supersonic+ kick (They somehow thought a gorilla would tank it)

Reddit is actually braindead and proves that internet brain rot exists

I once debated with multiple people on whether a Gorrila would survive a supersonic+ kick (They somehow thought a gorilla would tank it)
nine inch thick skulls gg

Yeah

I'm going to be honest, I don't really care how other people powerscale other verses that I don't care for at all.
Yeah that's the post I'm referring to. So you are also on the sub. I was fighting with the guy there about the drum that just seems like mystical hocus pocus with nothing comparing it to dc.

Yeah I thought about voicing my disagreement it but decided it'd be better to not waste my time like that.

Alright so Chapters 344 to 353 got translated, slacked out a bit on getting to them but here we go:

Alright so Chapters 344 to 353 got translated, slacked out a bit on getting to them but here we go:
This should work

Three quick additions:

New calc, support
Oh I had brought this up in the past, but you said it wouldn't make the cut. Glad it's at least indexed.
Kiichi AD addition: Kiichi went from being nearly incapable of moving in a strength training harness (KTT119) to being capable of fighting while wearing it (KTT120) in the span of a few days.
Damn that's nice!
Iron Kiba (combat-applicable) ESP and Aura: He can sense an approaching opponent's energy to time a defensive strike perfectly (KTT219). This is extremely similar to Seiko (who taught Kiba Nadashin stuff, likely including this technique)'s Evil Swallow Guard, which works by extending one's aura, so presumably that too.
Also nice!

Glad you are continuing to work on this!

Still crazy how consistent the mangaka is with his feats.

Back