• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tornado of Terror aka Tatsumaki upgrade

In episode 10 of One Punch Man we´ve seen Tornado defeats a possible dragon threat gigantic dinosaur thing in one blow effortless pulling an enormous meteorite https://youtu.be/LGopXkacryo?t=3m [didnt found the raw vid on youtube for obvious reasons, but you can watch the feat at the corner]

Considering an asteroid made of normal rock and 1km radius:

I found a calc for asteroid impact [not meteorite]

Source: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/physics/astrocourses/ast201/asteroid_collision_calculations.html

"Assume a 1 km radius, spherical asteroid hits the earth. What is the volume of the asteroid?

V = 4/3 pi R

3 = 4/3 pi (103 m)3 = 4.19 x 109 m3
If the asteroid is made of normal rock, with an average density of 3500 kg per cubic meter, what is the mass of the asteroid?

M = density x volume = 3500 kg/m3 x 4.19 x 109 m3= 1.47 x 1013 kgThe comet that hit Jupiter in July, 1994 impacted at a velocity of 60 km/sec! If the asteroid hits Earth at a velocity of 30 km/sec, what is the kinetic energy of the collision? [Note that KE = 0.5 M v2, where M is the mass and v is the velocity of the impacting body.] [gm cm/s will give ergs; kg m/s will give Joules] Eimpact = 0.5 x (1.47 x 1013 kg) x (30 x 103 m/s)2 Eimpact = 6.6 x 1021 JIf we convert this to megatons, this is equivalent to 1.6 Million megatons."

1.6 Million megatons is equivalent to 1,6 Exatons or Large to multi-continent At least High 6-A, and we are ignoring the fact that she pulled the meteorite a lot faster than it should be naturally, thats why theres no problem using the asteroid calc for this, we lose in radius/mass but get more speed.

Even if the meteorite was more than 10x smaller than the asteroid used on the calc the speed of like 2 secs to hit the monster is enough to get it up to asteroid impact rank at bare minimum.

Large or
Multi-Continent
4.184x1027 to 8.368x10281018 to 2x10191 Exaton to
20 Exatons

How did you scale the size of the asteroid?

Tatsumaki is at least more than half the size of Saitama , Saitama has 175cm , considering she is around 100cm at 2:37 https://youtu.be/LGopXkacryo?t=2m37s you can see how big the dragon is in comparison to her, his face is around 10 times her size, and his body at least 100 times, the asteroid leave a crater bigger than the monster, at 3:16 https://youtu.be/LGopXkacryo?t=3m16s you can see the meteorite in scale with the earth , if you can see hi from that far that size is a bare minimum

Also, the calc is considering only gravity , not Tatsumakis mystic powers to bring it almost instantly, also, she did that effortless, pretty casually.

You will have to make a proper scaling blog post by using screencaptures, and see if it is accepted.

Celestial Pegasus said:
We went over this already and decided not to use it because it was an anime only feat.
o yea, give me the link of the original thread, i want to check the discussion

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Does this make anime OPM like anime DBZ, now? Like, with absurdly powerful filler?
i guess fillers are broken because when they make it they dont care about story logic its just to fill space in between so yea, it can come out pretty broken

If this feat was canon (that ancient king has appeared in the webcomics so theres a chance he gets into the manga, so who knows) Tatsumaki can end up being even planet level and Saitama may be really star level at EoS

Viturino said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
We went over this already and decided not to use it because it was an anime only feat.
o yea, give me the link of the original thread, i want to check the discussio

Cant seem to find or remember the thread it might not have been a thread but a message on someones wall but whatever. Lets just talk about it here,the feat wasnt in the original webcomic or the redrawn version,though i do think tatasumaki could perform the feat she was threatening to launch saitama into space.

Does this make anime OPM like anime DBZ, now? Like, with absurdly powerful filler?
Yea seems so but if i remember correctly the author of one punch man is extremely involved in the making of the anime so this filler might count as canon who knows. Dont want to get into a canon debate those are always headaches.

@Celestial

I think that its widely accepted that MURATA manga is the real canon and thats it for now, because webcomic has lots of stuff that gets cut in the redraw and the anime has fillers, so its safer to use only MURATA for now (otherwise im sure webcomic has solid planet level by now)

Yea murata shoould be the accpeted canon the webcomic is more like a story board or manuscript while the murata version is the finished product. Actually its the other way around the redrawn adds alot of things than the webcomic. Example the whole saitama getting kicked to the moon and deflecting the life wiping blast. In the webcomic boros only did planet buster roar cannon and there was no explaination of what it would do. So yea the redrawn tends to have better feats.

1. Anime feats should be considered canon.

2. That meteor is nowhere near island level let alone Multi continent. If it was multi Continent level a Extinction even on a Global Scale would have happend. The crater it made shows that its City+ At best.

Not really honsetly. Tatsumaki can already open huge chasms in the Earth and crush cities. This is just moving an allegedly 1KM rock. It isn't so much her power being boosted to extreme heights as it is her using her powers more intelligently.

Plus ONE overviews the anime anyway, same as he does with the manga.

Well, you can put an anime version in the key:

Base (canon) | Anime

I don't see any problem having it in a separate stat

KamiYasha said:
Well, you can put an anime version in the key:
Base (canon) | Anime

I don't see any problem having it in a separate stat
Only issue with that is that the stats are really really similar. I can't remember any feat filler tbh, they're copying the fights from the Volume version of the Manga.

@KamiYasha Are you sure? Im afraid people would complain about other characters not having this privilege as well, maybe just make every opm profile a composite?

Viturino said:
@KamiYasha Are you sure? Im afraid people would complain about other characters not having this privilege as well, maybe just make every opm profile a composite?
Well, don't know how the rest of the profiles will be, but i think a composite for the rest of them will be a burden.

Only one seems fine. But wait until another staff member input and also someone check the calc.

KamiYasha said:
Viturino said:
Well, don't know how the rest of the profiles will be, but i think a composite for the rest of them will be a burden.
Only one seems fine. But wait until another staff member input and also someone check the calc.
I actually need someone to make a proper calc, this one is pretty much standard for asteroid, it does not apply tatsumaki powers, its the force of a 1km common rock asteroid with gravity falling. Tatsumaki one its definitely at least mountain without calc we can see that

I think that we should probably stick to the main manga continuity for her statistics, but even if we do not, we need a proper calculation in a blog post before we accept the feat.

It's was stated in the web comic she could defeat Lord Boros and stop the alien invasion herself, and would have beat monster Garou in 5 seconds flat at 100%.

Having a casual 6-A feat wouldn't surprise me.

AsuraDestructor said:
It's was stated in the web comic she could defeat Lord Boros and stop the alien invasion herself, and would have beat monster Garou in 5 seconds flat at 100%.
Wait, was it? All I remember being said was that she could have beaten Boros' forces on her own and wouldn't have been fodderized by Golden Sperm if she was at 100%.

AsuraDestructor said:
Wait, was it? All I remember being said was that she could have beaten Boros' forces on her own and wouldn't have been fodderized by Golden Sperm if she was at 100%.
Good question dont remember that being stated either i only remember her being able to take out boros forces on her own and that she would beat golden sperm at 100% like you said

Back