• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrossverseCrisis said:
I'm trying to go through the 8 Kings first at least.
Alright, the 8 Kings are looking good, however some are listed as Solid 4-C while some have "At Least" anyway, I guess God is next since he's still 5-A, would he be At Least 4-C or High 4-C? Probably High 4-C due to being above the 8 Kings by a fairly big margin

God is probably High 4-C here...maybe. Though would At least 4-C, possibly higher work instead? Pretty sure that Acacia would likely be able to beat GOD but i'm not sure....

CrossverseCrisis said:
God is probably High 4-C here...maybe. Though would At least 4-C, possibly higher work instead? Pretty sure that Acacia would likely be able to beat GOD but i'm not sure....
Don't know either, anyway, would Zebra, Sunny and Coco get 4-C? I'm just wondering, or should they remain At Least 5-B? Even though Toriko would be hilariously above them if that was the case, if those 3 end up being 4-C, you should make the rest of the 8 Kings At Least 4-C seeing as how Restricted Jirou is Solid 4-C and the 8 Kings should be above that Jirou, or would the 3 other Heavenly Kings surpass the 8 Kings after eating the rest of Acacia's full course?

The other four kings should be 4-C-ish. Same with Starjun and Joa too. God is either At least 4-C, possibly higher OR High 4-C given that it was able to easily damage Acacia in his first form. Though now that i think about it, perhaps High 4-C might it since Acacia was taking it's hits and everything, and Acacia way before his and Neo's upgrades wereable to take off Jirou's head in his unsealed form, something the Royal Blue Nitro couldn't do to his half-unsealed form.

CrossverseCrisis said:
The other four kings should be 4-C-ish. Same with Starjun and Joa too. God is either At least 4-C, possibly higher OR High 4-C given that it was able to easily damage Acacia in his first form. Though now that i think about it, perhaps High 4-C might it since Acacia was taking it's hits and everything, and Acacia way before his and Neo's upgrades wereable to take off Jirou's head in his unsealed form, something the Royal Blue Nitro couldn't do to his half-unsealed form.
Yeah, High 4-C>>>>At Least 4-C>>4-C, I think God is High 4-C imo, I also noticed that True Form Bambina is listed as At Least 4-C, possibly higher, would the other 8 Kings have a similar ranking to True Form Bambina aside from Emperor Crow seeing as how both Crow King and Contained Bambina have a capture level of 6,000, while the other 6 Kings have higher capture levels compared to Contained Bambina, however we don't know how the stronger 8 Kings such as Guiness, Derous and Moon compare to True Form Bambina

Well i would have liked a general list of how it should be set up. I know there was those made earlier here, but like also those being specific like "who would be 4-C, who would be at least 4-C and having possibly/likely higher. who would be High 4-C" and so on///

CrossverseCrisis said:
Well i would have liked a general list of how it should be set up. I know there was those made earlier here, but like also those being specific like "who would be 4-C, who would be at least 4-C and having possibly/likely higher. who would be High 4-C" and so on///
I see, well I know for sure that Toriko and Acacia at their strongest should be High 4-C obviously, probably the Disciple's at their Peaks/Primes at well and Don Slime, but those upgrades are done, while each 8 King would be At Least 4-C, and some of them you could add possibly Higher, since we don't know if the 8 Kings are above the likes of Zebra, Sunny, Coco, Starjun and Joa even at their best, as for the Blue Nitro, I guess Solid 4-C as well, maybe as low as At Least 5-A seeing as how like you said Jirou was taking them all on while not at full power, however I don't know about Teppei, he could be good at where he's at seeing as how even one Blue Nitro could overwhelm him

CrossverseCrisis said:
We probably should have thought this up more before the upgrades had happened.
Yeah, we probably should've, also, I don't think the Blue Nitro even have a page do they? Nevermind, I see Pair

The upgrades look spot on to me so far.

Given than Coco, Sunny, and Zebra were atleast Large Planet Level+ before consuming God and Center, they should be Star Level after consuming God and Center. Also they fought against Joa who is atleast Star Level for an extended period of time.

As for Teppei, he has a Large Star Level feat which was not accepted because it was an outlier. After performing said feat Teppei became a knocking-master, the same rank as Jirou.

DocAnimeTheory said:
It's not a mistranslation though. Iv'e read the raw and remember reading that neo had eaten stars. Kewl0210 is better than *********** but he does have a history of downplaying Toriko with his translation.
Here's the raw page, and the translation.

ÒüèÕëìÒéé õ¢òÕ║ªÒüï ÕÀ╗ÒüìµÀ╗ÒüçÒéÆ
ÒüÅ
ÒüúÒüƒÒüúÒüƒÒüôÒü¿Òüî ÒüéÒéïÒéôÒüÿÒéâÒü¬ÒüâÒüï?

You have eaten stars a couple of times, have you not?

It clearly says
ÒüÅ
ÒüúÒüƒ which means to eat.

Besides there are many other Star Level feats from Toriko.
Just used google translate and tranlsated
ÒüÅ
ÒüúÒüƒ as 'caught'. To eat is ÚúƒÒü╣Òéï, a completely different term

So I think it means 'you got caught a few times in it, haven't you?', which again makes sense.

Again, I disagree with this upgrade

Lol keep up the good work using google translate.

The furigana for Úúƒ is
ÒüÅ. H
ence ÚúƒÒüúÒüƒ which means to eat is equal to
ÒüÅ
ÒüúÒüƒ. A furigana is the phonetic way of saying a Kanji. Furthermore there is no "in it" or "got" in the sentence.

This looks honestly as if you are pushing it to get this one translation neither ********* nor Kewl got.

Again, this upgrade is infinitely stupid

So, could somebody check the Toriko category to see if there are any remaining characters that need upgrades that we have forgotten about?

Antvasima said:
So, could somebody check the Toriko category to see if there are any remaining characters that need upgrades that we have forgotten about?
I found some possible little problems with the scaling, one example is Joa and Guinness (who scales to the other kings) damaging Midora, so it is appreciated to most of the member to fix the scaling of all the characters affected.

Okay. Does anybody knowledgeable have some suggestions?

The thing with this is Midora did tank the damage that received from Joa and then regen afterwards during the fight. Also Joa Should have died earlier if it wasn't for his Gourmet Luck so I think the scaling will remain the same. He also tanked hits from Neo as it is as he did fight Neo directly.

One more thing, Joa was using Froese's kitchen knife from which I believe ignore durability as well.

Edit: Also Guinness never did fought Midora as that was Starjun and Toriko facing Guinness as I never recall Midora fought Guinness at all.

Basically I suggest if we gonna scale both Joa and Guinness, then we should scale Guinness to Starjun and Toriko together as the two of them fought against Guinness.

For Joa, we can scale him to Midora and put him as likely 4-C or likely high 4-C as he survive the near death attempt by pure Gourmet Luck.

Starkiller215 said:
Basically I suggest if we gonna scale both Joa and Guinness, then we should scale Guinness to Starjun and Toriko together as the two of them fought against Guinness.
For Joa, we can scale him to Midora and put him as likely 4-C or likely high 4-C as he survive the near death attempt by pure Gourmet Luck.
At the time when Toriko and Starjun fought Guinness, they were pretty heavily outmatched. Guinness easily dodged their attack but there is no telling just how much damage they would have done to him.

@Damage That is also before they faced against Neo as well. I imagine it will done a lot of damage if Guinness let these attacks hit him like back when 100% Jirou fought against him and he lost his teeth.

Oh yeah, the scaling is rather sort of a bit wonky in a way since some are 4-C while others are at least 4-C and whatnot.

For those like the 8 Kings case, it's because some of them are at least greater than restricted Jirou. Why they are not High 4-C is due to Acacia being able to content with if not be superior to all of them....i think. They were definitely being handed off from him considering that this is the same guy whose pieces (technically NEO) alone are as powerful as Restricted Jirou, one who easily took all of Don Slime's attacks AND took off Unsealed Jirou's head off with ease (which is something that, as said once more, the Royal Blue Nitro couldn't even do to his half unsealed form).

And like i said to DBZMLP, we should have really thought this up a bit more before this actually started.

Some suggestions:

Starjun and toriko pre-eating Full course: 4-C (ma─Àing Guiness dodge, which implies they could have harmed him)

Starjun and toriko post-full course: High 4-C (didnt get insta obliterated by acacia)

Joa scales to a non serious midora and starjun post-full course: High 4-C.

Thoughts?

Eight kings:

Bambina: Restricted 4-C, possbly higher(capable of somewhat harming acacia, not badly, tho). Unrestricted: High 4-C (when he transformed it was heavily implied to be a huge boost, and should be that much stronger physically).

Guiness: High 4-C (oneshoted a piece of NEO, scalable to bambina)

Emperor crow: At least 4-C, possibly higher (seems hax reliant, should scale to restricted bambina)

Mother snake: scales to restricted bambina: At least 4-C, possibly higher

Sky deer and Heracles: the same

(this is about raw power, those 4 kings are more hax reliant)

Derous: High 4-C (laser beam and fang capable of heavily damaging NEO and grotesque god acacia)

Moon: High 4-C (strongest King)

Thoughts?

The eight king should not be weaker than unsealed Jirou, apart for them to still be able to keep up with neo acacia and damage him(remember for most of the time they all try to fight him 1v1 although they still tried to cooperate with each other they never fight him 2v1 at once) also guiness has show to fight againds his son Jirou before in the past and Jirou only be sealed when he meet his second father Acacia that was fear for his power, and in the lastest chapter show that all of the eight king is never be defeatedeven once until they meet Neo that later on forced them to retire as kings, and some of the eight king like mother snake can still damage fullpower neo that suposed be far above neo acacia, infact Derous should have At least Large Star level, possibly higher AP with his fang since with his fang he still capabale to damage Acacia after he consuming Neo and in the middle of proses to transform to Grotesque God Acacia.

Just a dumb thought for toriko's profile..should we put a "possibly higher" after his tier since his white demon did seem to overpower grotesque acacia and delivered the final blow to him, at the demons weakest form at that.

Pretty much yeah, except for derous his AP with his fang(he should probably has 2 AP with his laser and fang) should be scaled to Acacia after consuming Neo durability...I think..

@Salavtore: There's already a possibly higher next to his last tier.

@Doc and Jim: Hmm. Well they did deal some sort of damage to him. High 4-C might make more sense, i guess. They were definitely pretty powerful and them being only as strong as sealed Jirou would look odd. Them scaling to unsealed Jirou may make more sense.

@All: What do everyone think on that?

The eight kings should be scaled to each other feat since they are on the same level, with exception for some individual feat like Derous fang(the which is famous for his fang as he only grow one in his lifetime) which can still do some damage to Acacia after consuming Neo(and Guinness) while his full power laser is easily reflected by full power Neo. :/

Hmm. Well i suppose the reasoning for that of say, Heracles, could be changed to "should not be weaker than unrestricted Jirou" or something, whatever y'all come up with.

The pages of the 8 Kings don't seem to be locked AFAIK and looked so when this is fully settled, they can be adjusted further.

I think it's alright to do it anyways. They're just rated as "at least Star level" and Star level is a pretty narrow gap. And since the 8 Kings ARE supposed to be like Unsealed Jirou level and for being comparable to one another AND for fighting and causing harm to Acacia to some extent, the changes can actually be done. Oh and apparently since the 8 Kings are supposed to be some of the most powerful beings in the verse too.

But the reasoning will definitely need to be adjusted then seeing as some are scaled from Restricted Jirou.

Emm nevermind then...I gonna give them new reason for their Tier such as for guinness ''Indicated has fighting against unsealed jirou in the past'' :/

Yeah, 8 Kings should be comparable to the Disciples in AP, man, to think the Toriko Top Tiers went from 5-A to High 4-C just like Kingdom Hearts before it

As I mentioned earlier, help to think through all of the appropriate changes to Toriko profiles, including earlier statistics for the main characters, would be very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back