• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toriko statistics changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that your suggested speed upgrade may be reasonable, but knocking was always considered as a precision-based hax, not as raw power.

I am uncertain about Don Slime, but will highlight this thread for more input.

"Joa reacted to a lazer which reached at minimum another solar-system in at most a matter of seconds."

There is already a calc on this feat, which is FTL

"As i said
earlier. "The planet was about to explode with a blast far greater than the supernova of a giant star. Teppei knocked the planet, and stopped the explosio". Hence Teppei should be large star level."

Meh. I always considered this a hyperbole

"
Don Slime with Asarudi should be large star level based on the current reasonings."

Holy shit why is Don slime large Star level when he himself said he only had the power of making a small star in his prime? I dont understand how does toriko gets such upgrades without enough proves

Don Slime himself said that the supernova he created only had the power to wipe out the life of the planet, Multi-continent level to Large planet level(if you consider that he was going to kill the eight kings). Top tiers in toriko should be star level considering how much power ups they went through during the final battle. Derous lazer didn't reach another solar sistem, but he crossed several planets.

Don Slime being small star level was merely and interpretation from the vsbattles wiki. It seems to be it would have had a large star level explosion. Since that's what it would take to kill Neo. Afterall Don Slime did say his star has "an incredible ammount of matter packed into it".

Also, "A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces.".

If you looked at the imageyou could clearly see it reached atleast another solar-system

Antvasima said:
I think that your suggested speed upgrade may be reasonable, but knocking was always considered as a precision-based hax, not as raw power.
I am uncertain about Don Slime, but will highlight this thread for more input.
Haru Glory is rated as having Planet Level AP for sealing aetherion. We could do the same for Teppei. Plus powerscaling to the 4HK should put him at that level.

DocAnimeTheory said:
Don Slime being small star level was merely and interpretation from the vsbattles wiki. It seems to be it would have had a large star level explosion. Since that's what it would take to kill Neo. Afterall Don Slime did say his star has "an incredible ammount of matter packed into it".Also, "A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces.".
If you looked at the imageyou could clearly see it reached atleast another solar-system
What interpretation? Don slime himself says he had enough power "to reproduce small stars in his PRIME"

I do suggest downgrade of Ichiryuu, Don Slime and Jirou. Hell, they didnt even ate GOD or other ingredients, so I dont know wtf makes them Large Star level

It doesnt matter if "an incredible ammount of matter packed into it". It was going to destroy planet, which makes it large planet level.

The speed feat is already calcd at FTL, and there is nothing suggesting it reached another solar system, and considering its toriko we are talking about mangaka would have specified if the attack reached another SS considering he adds details in every chapter. Current calc is more than justified

Well, I have read Toriko, but am not comfortable with making decisions about it on my own. I would prefer more input from the staff.

Anyway, about Teppei, there is a difference between containing an explosion, and preventing it from detonating by blowing out the fuse to a bomb.

About the discussions.

- There is nothing that suggest that the Extra-Dimensional Laser had reach another star system.

The only think that we can be sure is that it had reach other planets in a matter of seconds.

So the speed show here should be either at least FTL to likely FTL+ (and at best MFTL).

- Teppei had stop the detonation of the planet, he had never stop the explosion himself.

And it wouldn't make sense with the powerscale, as he is far below characters like Don Slime in the GOD Arc, which could only create a very tiny star enough powerful to destroy Toriko's Earth.

http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11124/111243179/5113906-7869145799-f003..jpg

- Like Adam of Darkness had pointed out, Don Slime stated that at his Prime he was just enough power to create small stars.

So nope, if at his best he was just Small Star level, then there is no way that he was a large star buster during the GOD Arc.

I agree with Stefano4444.

However what do people think about Adam's suggestions?

Also, if Don Slime was only Small Star level at his Prime, then it would means that only characters as strong or stronger than NEO/Acacia Post Eating GOD (aka Revived) should be rank at Small Star level and higher (if NEO Full Power was trully able to match Prime Don Slime).

Which means that characters that are weaker than that version of NEO (like Jirou, the Eight Kings, NEO Pre Eating GOD and etc) must be downgrade below Small Star level.

Hmm. I would still prefer considerably more input from the staff, before we make a decision about this. You can inform CrossverseCrisis about this thread on his message wall.

@Antvasima

The problem is that Stefano4444 does not understand attack potency. Don Slime's DC could possibly be only small star level but he fought Neo Acacia for an extended period of time so his AP should be large star level.

The superior *********** Translation doesn't even say anything about stars.

@Stefano4444

The inter dimensional lazer reached halfway across a nebula, a cloud of interstellar dust which is millions of light years in diameter. What you're saying would mean that the Toriko solar system contains a nebula plus hundreds of stars and planets. Which is utterly nonsense.

Well, we still need considerably more staff input before we can make any widespread changes to the speed levels. Preferably a new calculation as well.

@Ant

I disagree anyone being star level in toriko besides Toriko to be honest (Ofcourse excluding gourmet gods and other characters introduced in the last chapter)

The basis of the upgrade was flawed, vs wiki took a mistranslated scan even tho various other sources proved the provided scan wrong (But at that time I didnt completed the series so didnt gave my input)

This is a straight statement from don himself, he should be downgraded to large planet level with ichiryuu and Jirou

Well, we would still need considerable amount of input and help from the community to do so, and despite that I have highlighted this thread, there appears to be no interest so far.

@Adam of darkness

You don't seem to understand the reason Neo is large star level. Neo is at the top of the universal food chai, and as such is stronger than Cosmos Mammoth's and the Demon King. Cosmos Mammoth's are "... gourmet elephants with heads as large as the sun ("õ©Ç Úá¡ÒüîÕñ¬ÚÖ¢þ¿ïÒü«ÕñºÒüìÒüòÒü«þ¥ÄÕæ│Òü¬Þ▒í"), and the Demon King is much larger than a star. Also Neo used an attack which could completely wipe out the su.

That is why Neo is large star level. You also don't understand the concept of attack potency.

"A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces."

Don Slime could possibly only have small star level destructive capacity, but regardless he fought Neo Acacia for an entended period of time so his attack potency would be large star level.

"You don't seem to understand the reason Neo is large star level. Neo is at the top of the universal food chai as such he is stronger than Cosmos Mammoth's and the Demon King."

The statement is too vague to be taken litral. There is nothing proving he is above demon king. Besides, the one on top of the food chain is Gourmet gods, so the statement is just a hyperbole

" Cosmos Mammoth's are "... gourmet elephants with heads as large as the sun ("õ©Ç Úá¡ÒüîÕñ¬ÚÖ¢þ¿ïÒü«ÕñºÒüìÒüòÒü«þ¥ÄÕæ│Òü¬Þ▒í")"

Dont know how or from where you translated it, but Cosmos Mammoths as a whole are as big as a star, and as I said there should be no reason why he is being scaled to Demon king or Mammoths, the statement is too vague, hence a hyperbole

"Also Neo used an attack which could completely wipe out the su."

Its litrally talking about the luminosity, "Neo's cells emitted light that could completly wipe out sun itself". Its not him wiping out sun, but its brightness/Luminosity. Besides there was no sun, it was Crow king's shadow of death, which was compared to sun's luminosity

"That is why Neo is large star level. You also don't understand the concept of attack potency."

I completly understand the concept of Attack Potenct, but the problem is Neo is not large star level

"Don Slime could possibly only have small star level destructive capacity, but regardless he fought
Neo Acacia for an entended period of time so his attack potency would be large star level."

Don fought a weakened Neo, not a full powered one. We see full powered neo after he consumes God, so scaling Don to weakened Neo doesnt make any sense, nor does it helps your arguement. Besides we have a statement from Don himself he can produce small star in his prime, so I dont see whats the problem here

I think that DocAnimeTheory seems to make sense.

DocAnimeTheory said:
You don't seem to understand the reason Neo is large star level. Neo is at the top of the universal food chai, and as such is stronger than Cosmos Mammoth's and the Demon King. Cosmos Mammoth's are "... gourmet elephants with heads as large as the sun ("õ©Ç Úá¡ÒüîÕñ¬ÚÖ¢þ¿ïÒü«ÕñºÒüìÒüòÒü«þ¥ÄÕæ│Òü¬Þ▒í"), and the Demon King is much larger than a star. Also Neo used an attack which could completely wipe out the su.

That is why Neo is large star level. You also don't understand the concept of attack potency.

"A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces."

Don Slime could possibly only have small star level destructive capacity, but regardless he fought Neo Acacia for an entended period of time so his attack potency would be large star level.
Then why the Space Taipan is instead supposed to be stronger than Acacia after eating NEO ? If NEO was trully the most powerful begin in the universe, then why exist a creature dozens of times stronger than him? Or what about the time he was been killed by the Gourmet Demons? If he is trully at the top of the food chain, then how he is end up killed by them? Seen what he is saying was just a hyperbole, not different from the ones of Frieza about the fact that he is the ruler of the universe.

Also, i'm still pretty sure that the Cosmos Mammoth are just as big as the Sun (someone said that the actual translation the narrator said that each Cosmos Mammoth's heads are as big than the Sun, but most of the versions that i had see of the final chapter the narrator only said that each of them are just as big as the Sun).

And there is no evidence to suggest that the Demon King is either weaker or stronger than NEO, the same also for the Cosmos Mammoth. No offical comparation was be made so you cannot determinate who is above who, unless where are going to get new infos about those creatures.

No, the Don Slime clearly claim that at his Prime he could create small stars (aka red dwarfs), if he could create even large stars then he would had mention that. And even that, there is nothing else that could indicate that Don Slime could had a level of power higher than that (neither feats, statements or powerscaling).

DocAnimeTheory said:
@Antvasima The problem is that Stefano4444 does not understand attack potency. Don Slime's DC could possibly be only small star level but he fought Neo Acacia for an extended period of time so his AP should be large star level.
The superior *********** Translation doesn't even say anything about stars.

@Stefano4444

The inter dimensional lazer reached halfway across a nebula, a cloud of interstellar dust which is millions of light years in diameter. What you're saying would mean that the Toriko solar system contains a nebula plus hundreds of stars and planets. Which is utterly nonsense.
Neo Acacia had never show anything close to Star level, either with feats or powerscaling or statements, let alone Large Star level.

And even if he had eaten stars in the past (even if the quote himself is too vague, he was been killed by a supernova and was be also killed by Don Slime and other Gourment Demons , characters that don't had show to be large star busters either), it was only when he was at his Full Power (aka NEO after eating GOD), so everyone below that version of NEO shouldn't be even close to be a star buster.

How you can be sure that is a nebula? At best you can suggest that the attack had reach the asteroid belt (the one between Mars and Jupiter) in a few seconds, but nothing else.

One thing I don't understand is why are the other Heavenly Kings being scaled to Toriko and Acacia? The Heavenly Kings never did anything to Acacia, they were practically dead, then revived by Center and then were taken out almost immediatly by Acacia. I don't remember them doing anything significant to either the 8 Kings or Acacia.

@Burstchaos I find that odd myself, but again, we need more staff input for this thread.

JiJi was confident that Brunch and Zebra could fight numerous creatures stronger than the 7 Beasts in area five. Pandora of the 7 Beasts has a capture level of 4810. Ashurasaurus with a capture level of 4990 was able to make Neo Acacia scream in pain from an attack. The capture level of a beast stronger than Pandora would be ~ 82% the capture level of Bambina who is well into large star level with a capture level of 6000 . Zebra, Brunch, CoCo, & Sunny all consumed Acacia's full course. So they consumed the same power ups as Toriko.

Hence Zebra, Brunch, Coco, and Sunny should be large star level. Perhaps a more conservative raiting could possibly be Atleast Star Level possibly Large Star Level. Although i think the non conservative raiting is fine.

DocAnimeTheory said:
JiJi was confident that Brunch and Zebra could fight numerous creatures stronger than the 7 Beasts in area five. Pandora of the 7 Beasts has a capture level of 4810. Ashurasaurus with a capture level of 4990 was able to make Neo Acacia scream in pain from an attack. The capture level of a beast stronger than Pandora would be ~ 82% the capture level of Bambina who is well into large star level with a capture level of 6000 . Zebra, Brunch, CoCo, & Sunny all consumed Acacia's full course. So they consumed the same power ups as Toriko.
Hence Zebra, Brunch, Coco, and Sunny should be large star level. Perhaps a more conservative raiting could possibly be Atleast Star Level possibly Large Star Level. Although i think the non conservative raiting is fine.
But Toriko's greatest power up came from consuming Red, which none of them lot did.

@Burstchaos & Stefano Preferably avoid inserting long quotes into your responses. Use "@" instead.

You can even see stars shining, how could you not be a nebula?

I agree on speed review, if anyone is willing to make a calc

@Stefano4444 Well, with this new visualization of the nebula scene it proves that the laser has crossed a great distance many times greater than the diameter of the planet (contrary to what calc OBD says).

As the actual distances are inaccurate, I find it reasonable to assume that he has passed the distance of Mars and Jupiter since he hit an asteroid.

Therefore, a low MFTL

@Lopty

Well maybe, but there is the problem that we're not sure if that is the Asteroids Belt, as it kinda far too close, also those planets don't even look like Mars of Jupiter.

Stefano4444 said:
@Lopty
Those could be just a bunch of asteroids, as the next scene it show that the laser surpass a few asteroids and two planets.

http://i.imgur.com/zfAViqs.jpg

So in the case those are trully planets in the scan, the feat would be FTL+ even with low balling and MFTL at best.

http://www.t5forums.com/forum/the-v...-toriko-calc-derous-firin-hiz-lazar-dat-speed
You realize you just linked to a scanlation of Toriko. Which means the image has terrible quality. It was scanned from literally pulp paper then edited by an image cleaner. The high resolusion digital raw version which i have been showing clearly has a nebula.

DocAnimeTheory said:
You realize you just linked to a scanlation of Toriko. Which means the image has terrible quality. It was scanned from literally pulp paper then edited by an image cleaner. The high resolusion digital raw version which i have been showing clearly has a nebula.
Unless Toriko's Earth is as big as a nebula, is very unlikely that what was been show was a nebula, more likely it was just a group of asteroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back