• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Indie Game Stats Equal Tournament Round 3: The Shogun vs Mag Agent: Gestalt (0-0-0)

Does gestalt start out weak, or does he already have S-3LF? (im assuming he isn't merged with the other place)

If Gestalt isn't in his evolved large form, i can see the shogun actually winning this.

how spammy is the shogun with his dura neg?

Alright, to start off, is there anything Gestalt can do against the Hurricane Slash?
Basically, after a couple of normal swings, the Shogun jumps back, powers up their blade, and rushes forward to do the anime thing where both combatants are frozen before the enemy gets cut in two. The slash hits everything in the direction the Shogun is traveling, but it can be dodged around. It should be noted that the Shogun is immune to damage while charging the slash, according to the TABS wiki.
The slash is a guaranteed kill against anything weaker than the Shogun and does 15% of the enemy's max heath to anything stronger. Obviously, since they were equalized and Gestalt evolves the agent falls into the second category.
The Shogun is relatively spammy, though the slash does have to charge up by getting enough hits in before it can be used.

The Shogun is nearly immune to projectiles because of its ability to reflect ranged attacks with its sword, including things like balls of light, bullets, cannon balls, and lightning bolts thrown by Zeus. It can deflect 20 projectiles at a time.

The Shogun also has a dodge ability that lets it quickly lunge backward 8 'Wobbly meters' if it is about to be hit by a melee attack, though the dodge is on a 1-second cooldown timer. A wobbly meter isn't very clearly defined, but 8 is about the height of the Shogun.

Alright, to start off, is there anything Gestalt can do against the Hurricane Slash?
Basically, after a couple of normal swings, the Shogun jumps back, powers up their blade, and rushes forward to do the anime thing where both combatants are frozen before the enemy gets cut in two. The slash hits everything in the direction the Shogun is traveling, but it can be dodged around. It should be noted that the Shogun is immune to damage while charging the slash, according to the TABS wiki.
The slash is a guaranteed kill against anything weaker than the Shogun and does 15% of the enemy's max heath to anything stronger. Obviously, since they were equalized and Gestalt evolves the agent falls into the second category.
Basically the only counter Gestalt will have to that is him getting injured enough from it, and begin to use his ranged abilities like his flight, fire balls, laser beams, and projectile spikes from his back.

luckily for gestalt, he can just keep doing that indefinitely, since the shogun can't get anything done from reflecting them back at gestalt due to his defenses.

Basically the only counter Gestalt will have to that is him getting injured enough from it, and begin to use his ranged abilities like his flight, fire balls, laser beams, and projectile spikes from his back.

luckily for gestalt, he can just keep doing that indefinitely, since the shogun can't get anything done from reflecting them back at gestalt due to his defenses.
The thing is the Shogun can still move and attack as it's reflecting, and the Hurricane Slash can target up in the air if Gestalt tries to keep away.

The thing is the Shogun can still move and attack as it's reflecting, and the Hurricane Slash can target up in the air if Gestalt tries to keep away.
Gestalt is still immune to 3/4 of Shogun's attacks, and shogun's one attack method that can hurt gestalt gets weaker and weaker as the fight goes on, while Gestalt's attack methods gets stronger and stronger.

it also doesn't help that watching a video of the shogun, theres definitely a short cooldown when it reflects projectiles, and Gestalt will spam the shit out of his ranged options, and no question about it that gestalt will 100% hit it between that window with all it's options. and that doesn't even cover his tentacles that can shoot out of the ground to hit him, which it shouldn't be able reflect.

Gestalt is still immune to 3/4 of Shogun's attacks, and shogun's one attack method that can hurt gestalt gets weaker and weaker as the fight goes on, while Gestalt's attack methods gets stronger and stronger.
Technically the slash would scale with Gestalt's evolution, since as they get stronger I'm assuming their 'max health' percent would also go up. And if it doesn't, then the slash does the same amount of damage no matter Gestlat's defenses.
it also doesn't help that watching a video of the shogun, theres definitely a short cooldown when it reflects projectiles, and Gestalt will spam the shit out of his ranged options, and no question about it that gestalt will 100% hit it between that window with all it's options.
Fair, though the cooldown isn't that bad. Unless it's a constant stream of projectiles, but it can reflect a lot at once and with even a short gap in between projectile hits the reflect can reset. correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not familiar with Madness, but from what I can see in a video of Gestalt's bossfight it isn't a very fast firerate once they get up into the air.
and that doesn't even cover his tentacles that can shoot out of the ground to hit him, which it shouldn't be able reflect.
the Shogun Dodge can help with that, and the shogun can move and evade regularly as well.

Technically the slash would scale with Gestalt's evolution, since as they get stronger I'm assuming their 'max health' percent would also go up. And if it doesn't, then the slash does the same amount of damage no matter Gestlat's defenses.
fair nough
the Shogun Dodge can help with that, and the shogun can move and evade regularly as well.
Gestalt very regularly attacks while doing that, so unless he's got some crazy dodging skills, he's gonna get hit regardless.

Gestalt very regularly attacks while doing that, so unless he's got some crazy dodging skills, he's gonna get hit regardless.
He does, every second if something tries to hit it the shogun passively leaps out of the way
He almost engulphed the entire universe within less than a day. his soul collecting is constant, and took him very little time to get to a point he could evolve new abilities and shit.
That is, concerning, but the battle shouldn't take a day hopefully. I mean more, he's obviously actively gaining new abilities as the fight goes on, but does he get a new trick every 10 seconds? every minute? every ten minutes?

That is, concerning, but the battle shouldn't take a day hopefully. I mean more, he's obviously actively gaining new abilities as the fight goes on, but does he get a new trick every 10 seconds? every minute? every ten minutes?
He gained about a dozen abilities off the bat when he got hurt. he's got some sort of adaption that lets him gain abilities depending on his situation, so he might just gain abiltiies to counter the shogun's slash after getting hit by it a few times.

This is definitely faster than a second. Gestalt also has homing attacks which is gonna make it hard for the shogun to dodge.
I meant in melee, the Shogun reflects for ranged attacks like what was happening at that timestamp and that pace was definitely within the reflect's cooldown period.
Also, earlier in the video, those tentacles were not moving very fast and had a lot of room in between where they came up. Maybe just PIS but I think the Shogun could dodge them.
He gained about a dozen abilities off the bat when he got hurt. he's got some sort of adaption that lets him gain abilities depending on his situation, so he might just gain abiltiies to counter the shogun's slash after getting hit by it a few times.
Hmm, don't like the sound of that. I don't know what exactly he could adapt to counter the slash, considering it completely ignores physical durability and nothing in TABS can counter it but it only takes 7 slashes for the health % to reach 100, not counting any separate damage Gestalt might take, though given how they are apparently completely immune to damage otherwise that's probably not a lot.

What were the characters in the game using to hurt Gestalt? just curious, since the Shogun probably doesn't have whatever juice they were putting in those guns

I meant in melee, the Shogun reflects for ranged attacks like what was happening at that timestamp and that pace was definitely within the reflect's cooldown period.
Also, earlier in the video, those tentacles were not moving very fast and had a lot of room in between where they came up. Maybe just PIS but I think the Shogun could dodge them.
I just checked the wiki and it said after reflecting, it needs a 1 second cooldown, and 3 seconds to deflect 20.

those projectiles are hitting people faster than 1 second intervals. Shogun is gonna get hit by most of them. it's not in the video, but he has on occassion when summoning the tentacles used the enviroment to drop boulders on top of his opponents.
Hmm, don't like the sound of that. I don't know what exactly he could adapt to counter the slash, considering it completely ignores physical durability and nothing in TABS can counter it but it only takes 7 slashes for the health % to reach 100, not counting any separate damage Gestalt might take, though given how they are apparently completely immune to damage otherwise that's probably not a lot.
as said above, 1 second/3 second cool down is far slower than gestalt's attack speed for most of his attacks.

regarding the 7 slashes, Gestalt's stamina allows him to walk off lethal wounds without an issue. it won't take 7 slashes to kill him. it'll take a couple dozen more. the only way they were able to kill gestalt at all was to use explosives to blow up his head into gush. im also not sure what you mean by any seperate damage gestalt might take, he's immune to all physical damage. the only thing that can hurt him here is hurricane slash. gestalt himself can't even hurt himself in this situation.
What were the characters in the game using to hurt Gestalt? just curious, since the Shogun probably doesn't have whatever juice they were putting in those guns
Dissonance Energy, a corrupting energy source from hell, which rips apart matter and inflicts insanity on the victim which also happen to disable his defenses (but he's capable of evolving an regaining his defenses). it's the only way they're able to harm him.

I just checked the wiki and it said after reflecting, it needs a 1 second cooldown, and 3 seconds to deflect 20.

those projectiles are hitting people faster than 1 second intervals. Shogun is gonna get hit by most of them. it's not in the video, but he has on occassion when summoning the tentacles used the enviroment to drop boulders on top of his opponents.
Yes, it takes 3 seconds to deflect 20 at once and recharge
but Gestalt doesn't fire 20 projectiles all at once, from the video you posted he fires one or two at a steady speed, something the Shogun can deal with.
as said above, 1 second/3 second cool down is far slower than gestalt's attack speed for most of his attacks.
That is fair, but the reflecting and dodging will help. Even if Gestalt is constantly evolving, they start equalized, and I don't think Gestalt will instantly become strong enough to 1 shot the Shogun, so if it can dodge and reflect enough attacks to spread the damage it takes out over a long enough period, I believe it can win.
regarding the 7 slashes, Gestalt's stamina allows him to walk off lethal wounds without an issue. it won't take 7 slashes to kill him. it'll take a couple dozen more. the only way they were able to kill gestalt at all was to use explosives to blow up his head into gush. im also not sure what you mean by any seperate damage gestalt might take, he's immune to all physical damage. the only thing that can hurt him here is hurricane slash. gestalt himself can't even hurt himself in this situation.
I understand he wont take any extra damage, I was saying just in case.
And it will take 7 slashes, even if Gestalt can continue to fight mortally wounded, the slash does a fixed 15% of his maximum health, ie the amount of damage needed to 100% kill Gestalt and put him out of the fight. Technically, it would take 6.66 slashes since 7 does 105%, but you can't do 2/3s a slash so 7.
Dissonance Energy, a corrupting energy source from hell, which rips apart matter and inflicts insanity on the victim which also happen to disable his defenses (but he's capable of evolving an regaining his defenses). it's the only way they're able to harm him.
Fair enough, the Shogun can't use that

Yes, it takes 3 seconds to deflect 20 at once and recharge
but Gestalt doesn't fire 20 projectiles all at once, from the video you posted he fires one or two at a steady speed, something the Shogun can deal with.
Steady projectiles which hit in. Less than one second intervals, something he cant deal with.
I understand he wont take any extra damage, I was saying just in case.
And it will take 7 slashes, even if Gestalt can continue to fight mortally wounded, the slash does a fixed 15% of his maximum health, ie the amount of damage needed to 100% kill Gestalt and put him out of the fight. Technically, it would take 6.66 slashes since 7 does 105%, but you can't do 2/3s a slash so 7.
Unless he has feats of doing that to people with stamina to his degree, there’s no reason to assume that.

And even then, pretty sure this is bordering on game mechanics. It’ll do 15% of his maximum hp, but it won’t do enough damage to kill someone in that extent, he just hasn’t shown that capability. We don’t even know what 15% of someone’s maximum hp means in this context. Chances are he just walks off those hits unless he gets completely brutalized.

Steady projectiles which hit in. Less than one second intervals, something he cant deal with.
Yes, he can
Unless he has feats of doing that to people with stamina to his degree, there’s no reason to assume that.

And even then, pretty sure this is bordering on game mechanics. It’ll do 15% of his maximum hp, but it won’t do enough damage to kill someone in that extent, he just hasn’t shown that capability. We don’t even know what 15% of someone’s maximum hp means in this context. Chances are he just walks off those hits unless he gets completely brutalized.
It hasn't, and so while we can't know for sure, we do know that it can kill every unit in the game in 7 slashes (other than the ice giant, which for some reason takes 45% rather than 15%). Even the Super Peasant, the best unit in the game which takes scratch damage from every other unit and stomps everything if it isn't being held in place dies to the slash in 7. I think it is entirely reasonable to believe that the slash will do the same to Gestalt. Gestalt can't fight with his head missing, so it's not like the Shogun has to turn his entire body into powder to win. If the Shogun's damage scales with how much is needed to win, I don't see why Gestalt would be different.
15% of someone's max hp means 15% of how much damage is needed to kill them, simple as that.

in that same video he's getting hit by arrows going slower. you can't bank on him being that consistent. we're also ignoring Gestalt is Class M, and his projectiles are prosumably the same since they can knock down the protagonists who are class 50...

how does the shogun exactly plan to reflect something when he doesn't even have half the LS to move the attacks? hell, how does the shogun survive charging up the attack before he gets vaporized by a plasma beam from Gestalt's mouth?
It hasn't, and so while we can't know for sure, we do know that it can kill every unit in the game in 7 slashes (other than the ice giant, which for some reason takes 45% rather than 15%). Even the Super Peasant, the best unit in the game which takes scratch damage from every other unit and stomps everything if it isn't being held in place dies to the slash in 7. I think it is entirely reasonable to believe that the slash will do the same to Gestalt. Gestalt can't fight with his head missing, so it's not like the Shogun has to turn his entire body into powder to win. If the Shogun's damage scales with how much is needed to win, I don't see why Gestalt would be different.
15% of someone's max hp means 15% of how much damage is needed to kill them, simple as that.
15% from where? 15% to kill him from his foot or chest is different from his head. this is why saying he'll die in 7 hits is complete nonsense. we're juts assuming these slashes will magically kill him even though they'll be sword wounds he can 100% walk off lmao. Show me proof of shoguns ignoring stamina that lets him walk off wounds like Gestalt can and i'll accept it. otherwise, you have no grounds to assume he'll die in 7 hits to wounds he can easily walk off, and it's a complete no limits falacy to assume he'd magically die from 7 hits when they're wounds he can normally survive.

and, lets say shogun somehow beats Gestalt by some miracle of god. how does he kill Phobos' soul-projection from hell, who actively uses dissonant abilities in character?

in that same video he's getting hit by arrows going slower. you can't bank on him being that consistent. we're also ignoring Gestalt is Class M, and his projectiles are prosumably the same since they can knock down the protagonists who are class 50...

how does the shogun exactly plan to reflect something when he doesn't even have half the LS to move the attacks?
Equalized stats, for one, and it never matters how large or small the projectiles are, in game the Shogun always deflects them even if they absolutely ragdoll other units of comparable size and weight.
15% from where? 15% to kill him from his foot or chest is different from his head. this is why saying he'll die in 7 hits is complete nonsense. we're juts assuming these slashes will magically kill him even though they'll be sword wounds he can 100% walk off lmao. Show me proof of shoguns ignoring stamina that lets him walk off wounds like Gestalt can and i'll accept it. otherwise, you have no grounds to assume he'll die in 7 hits to wounds he can easily walk off, and it's a complete no limits falacy to assume he'd magically die from 7 hits when they're wounds he can normally survive.
Maybe the shogun always slashes at some vital part of the body, maybe the cut is so big it doesn't need to aim, or maybe it's magic since the shogun's sword glows yellow before the enemy gets hurt, we don't know because TABS is a game about gumbies flailing at each other until one of them falls over with no visible injuries. I'm going off what the ability is described and shown in the game to do. Does Madness have a character with the ability to guarantee kill someone in x hits? Has Gestalt survived something like that?
and, lets say shogun somehow beats Gestalt by some miracle of god. how does he kill Phobos' soul-projection from hell, who actively uses dissonant abilities in character?
is he even in this fight? unless im blind it doesn't say anywhere on either of their profiles that Phobos is spawned in whenever Gestalt dies in a fight under abilities. obviously he did when gestalt died in game but should he be counted for the fight? it's the shogun v gestalt, not the shogun v gestalt+phobos
Yeah he isnt merged with the Other Place for this one- poor Shogun needs a chance
unless im completely wrong about that topaz. if that is the case then i concede that the shogun has no chance

I do agree that it should most likely be Shogun vs Gestalt, not Gestalt + Phobos

And yeah, if you want, you can concede. No harm in doing so

I do agree that it should most likely be Shogun vs Gestalt, not Gestalt + Phobos

And yeah, if you want, you can concede. No harm in doing so
no i believe that the shogun can beat gestalt, very high difficulty but it is doable. if phobos was in the battle then the shogun was cooked
btw what do you think of the arguments so far?

Equalized stats, for one, and it never matters how large or small the projectiles are, in game the Shogun always deflects them even if they absolutely ragdoll other units of comparable size and weight.
i honestly completely forgot.
Maybe the shogun always slashes at some vital part of the body, maybe the cut is so big it doesn't need to aim, or maybe it's magic since the shogun's sword glows yellow before the enemy gets hurt, we don't know because TABS is a game about gumbies flailing at each other until one of them falls over with no visible injuries. I'm going off what the ability is described and shown in the game to do. Does Madness have a character with the ability to guarantee kill someone in x hits? Has Gestalt survived something like that?
Why would whether Gestalt surviving something like that matter here? this is based off the shogun. not on gestalt.
is he even in this fight? unless im blind it doesn't say anywhere on either of their profiles that Phobos is spawned in whenever Gestalt dies in a fight under abilities. obviously he did when gestalt died in game but should he be counted for the fight? it's the shogun v gestalt, not the shogun v gestalt+phobos
Phobos is standard equipment for Gestalt, hell im pretty sure it's implied Phobos is actively controlling Gestalt to an extent.

Standard Equipment: Large bulky armor | Thousands of S-3LF energy, including Director Phobos's S-3LF

Phobos is SE for Gestalt? Well damn- though that should be put in on the profiles though
It is. It's on both Gestalt's and Phobos' profiles that they are both SE for eachother, since neither can fight without eachother.

If you believe a psuedo-round 2 is unfair, you could just switch it to God Emperor Phobos instead of Gestalt.

Ah well, at least you have the End to fall back on, though End has its own worrying opponent to face off
But uh- yeah, Gestalt's movin on (i dont know why i put in the standard voting system tbh)

Back