• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Indie Stats Equal Tournament: Round 5! Animdude vs Frisk (0-0-0)

I mean, Asriel's SAVE and LOAD im pretty sure were restricted as well, and if Frisk's is similar, then yeah :/

Without their SAVE and LOAD Frisk is pretty cooked here. Animdude can dura neg Frisk with Alarm, corrupt their essences/data with Mega Virus, and weaken them with various moves. Animdude also probably won't be swayed by their Social Influencing due to seeing them and other characters as puppets.

I mean, if Frisk does have Save and Load, what would that grant him? The ability to get cooked over and over?

Does Frisk have any wincons even with Save/Load? Sure as hell doesnt seem like Animdude is gonna respond well to attempts to pacify him, so Frisk is probably gonna have to kill. That is, if thats ever in character (kinda like a last resort type thing)

Does Frisk have any wincons even with Save/Load? Sure as hell doesnt seem like Animdude is gonna respond well to attempts to pacify him, so Frisk is probably gonna have to kill. That is, if thats ever in character (kinda like a last resort type thing)
As I said with SAVE and LOAD they could just keep coming back while learning more of Animdude's moveset until they eventually win but they don't have that here. Also iirc Frisk doesn't really have an in-character preference unless their peak DT so they could both go for the kill or try to pacify in-character as soon as the fight starts.

I mean, if pacifying isnt working and the opponent is still trying to kill you, you could make the argument Frisk would actually fight back in self defense. Just me

If I had known that Frisk's main power was restricted I would have chosen another character, but anyway, how does animdude start?

I wouldve allowed Peak Determination, but a lot of it would be restricted within the ruleset. But i guess it would be fair still-
Yeah Peak DT should be fine even if Frisk gets only very little from it

I mean, if pacifying isnt working and the opponent is still trying to kill you, you could make the argument Frisk would actually fight back in self defense. Just me
Frisk a pacifist does fight when they have to like in the Asrgore and Omega Flowey but as I noted Frisk doesn't have a set in-character so they could come out swinging if they want too.

Frisk a pacifist does fight when they have to like in the Asrgore and Omega Flowey but as I noted Frisk doesn't have a set in-character so they could come out swinging if they want too.
Fair enough. What would Frisk do in case they wish to start out swinging?

Yeah all Frisk really has is melee/energy projection if they were to go on the offensive
Though, lets see if the Frisk rep wants to chime in first

• Heat Up: Frisk heats up the battlefield to be incredibly hot even in the context of Hotland, which is already so hot that even its outskirts are capable of instantly melting a styrofoam cup full of water. This move can stack if used multiple times.
  • Cool Down: Frisk blows onto the opponent with a breeze so cold that it instantly erases all of the aforementioned effects of Heat Up no matter how many times it has been stacked.
  • Flex: Frisk flexes their arms, making their physical attacks stronger for the remainder of the fight. Doing so multiple times will cause Frisk to flex harder, increasing their attack even more, however we have only ever seen this move performed 3 times in a row.
  • Clear Mind: Increases their DEF by 1; if they are inflicted with a status condition such as dizziness or confusion, it increases her DEF by 2 instead and removes the condition.
  • Sing: Frisk sings the song that Shyren taught them. Makes the target sleepy the first turn it's used, the second turn it’s used the target falls asleep. Upon them falling asleep, Frisk can attack the opponent for double damage. The opponent will only wake up once attacked.
  • Stare: Frisk glares at a magical object, weakening its power. If used twice, the object will be incapacitated.
Well for starters, Frisk has these movement options that might be useful...

I'll make a slightly more complete answer, but this may take a while considering I only have my cell phone now

Well I did some research and I just got more confused with some sources so let's go through

Why doesn't Frisk have temperature manipulation through Heat UP and Cool Down? And how heat resistant is Animdude?

He's able to tank getting hit with hot cheese.
Well, Hotland is a place so hot that water instantly evaporates there and with the Heat Up ability Frisk is able to make the environment hot even for the context of Hotland, and this is a stackable ability, with Frisk being able to make the environment hotter.

This also makes me wonder, why doesn't Frisk have temperature manipulation in their profile?

Furthermore, in Undertale it is possible to redo the game multiple times in a canonical way, which can affect Frisk's combat ability, making them have more experience, so how would this even be considered since it is possible to do many different routes for a number of different times, which could affect Frisk's ability?

Furthermore, in Undertale it is possible to redo the game multiple times in a canonical way, which can affect Frisk's combat ability, making them have more experience, so how would this even be considered since it is possible to do many different routes for a number of different times, which could affect Frisk's ability?
Technically Frisk would lose their memory like everyone else in a true reset. So idk how much Frisk would know here.

Technically Frisk would lose their memory like everyone else in a true reset. So idk how much Frisk would know here.
I mean if only neutral routes were done I think it would be valid, but it's still confusing, I mean what we have in terms of Frisk's ability depends a lot on the player in control and can range from someone below average to something on Merg's skill level, so I don't know how that would be portrayed in the profile, the same thing is valid for Minecraft and other franchises in which the player is canon

I will jump in and then say if you want to coin flip to determine who wins if the discussion gets too much, i will allow it (and so that this doesnt take forever lol)

I think it's because in game frisk is described as physically turning up/down a thermostat to Heat Up

So why the hell is this mentioned in Frisk's profile as an option if this is just Frisk turning up the thermostat?

But wait... Where the hell does the thermostat come from? They're out in the open in the middle of Hotland, it's not like Pyrope has a thermostat built into him... DOES HE HAVE A THERMOSTAT BUILT IN TO HIM????

So why the hell is this mentioned in Frisk's profile as an option if this is just Frisk turning up the thermostat?

But wait... Where the hell does the thermostat come from? They're out in the open in the middle of Hotland, it's not like Pyrope has a thermostat built into him... DOES HE HAVE A THERMOSTAT BUILT IN TO HIM????
I mean the thermostat only shows up when Pyrope is around, soooo

How good is he in battle? What is your standard tactic?
He is able to fight against the Adventure animatronics which are able to strategy and defeat many other bosses. He has access to all the fnaf world attacks but uses 4th Wall (which negs dura) and Alarm (which always does 9999 damage) in his boss fight.

He is able to fight against the Adventure animatronics which are able to strategy and defeat many other bosses. He has access to all the fnaf world attacks but uses 4th Wall (which negs dura) and Alarm (which always does 9999 damage) in his boss fight.
ok, how good is he at landing a hit on someone? Does he have any attacks that he doesn't need to hit to affect Frisk?

ok, how good is he at landing a hit on someone? Does he have any attacks that he doesn't need to hit to affect Frisk?
Alarm homes in on targets, Mega Virus instantly affects the target, and most other Fnaf World moves appear directly on the target.

Alarm homes in on targets, Mega Virus instantly affects the target, and most other Fnaf World moves appear directly on the target.
Well, with that I don't see how Frisk even has a chance of winning, even with Save and Load I don't see Frisk having many chances at this if it's not possible to dodge anything.

The only thing that could be a wincon for Frisk is a dubious ability like Heat up and Sleep Manipulation that should have already been removed.

It's so much blinking that I have trouble understanding... In fact, my eyes hurt...

But from what I've seen it seems that a good amount of attacks are projectiles and physical blows

It's so much blinking that I have trouble understanding... In fact, my eyes hurt...

But from what I've seen it seems that a good amount of attacks are projectiles and physical blows
I'll analyze the video more carefully later, right now I'll be a bit busy

Hey, I analyzed Animdude's fight in more detail and like, I saw him using 3 different attacks (I still haven't seen how the mega virus works, if it's a projectile or whatever): Physical blows, the colored orbs and the Fourth wall and frankly, none of those 3 are attacks that Frisk would have a hard time dodging, considering how used they are to projectile-based attacks, so I'd say 4th Wall and Alarm aren't a problem for Frisk, but as for the Mega virus, I haven't gotten around to it. to see the attack in action to actually say what it would be like

Considering what I saw of the fight I believe Frisk will take this on Low-Mid difficulty

Hey, I analyzed Animdude's fight in more detail and like, I saw him using 3 different attacks (I still haven't seen how the mega virus works, if it's a projectile or whatever): Physical blows, the colored orbs and the Fourth wall and frankly, none of those 3 are attacks that Frisk would have a hard time dodging, considering how used they are to projectile-based attacks, so I'd say 4th Wall and Alarm aren't a problem for Frisk, but as for the Mega virus, I haven't gotten around to it. to see the attack in action to actually say what it would be like

Considering what I saw of the fight I believe Frisk will take this on Low-Mid difficulty
Animdude has access to other attacks not seen in his boss fight. He can prevent Frisk from moving with moves like Jumpscare or turn them to stone with hunting and then one shot them with Alarm. Animdude can also just spawn Spinglocks into Frisk which if its anything like the games is extremely painful. He can also just one-shot Frisk with Unscrew or esc key. He can also instantly revive if he has a gift box placed down so it gonna be hard to take him out permanently.

Looking from both sides and arguments, in my opinion, Animdude seems to have more wincons. Frisk can probably just reset over and over again, but if Animdude can kill them once, they can do it again. Thats just me

Animdude has access to other attacks not seen in his boss fight. He can prevent Frisk from moving with moves like Jumpscare or turn them to stone with hunting and then one shot them with Alarm. Animdude can also just spawn Spinglocks into Frisk which if its anything like the games is extremely painful. He can also just one-shot Frisk with Unscrew or esc key. He can also instantly revive if he has a gift box placed down so it gonna be hard to take him out permanently.
I mean, it doesn't seem like the character uses these skills in his fight, I mean, during his boss battle he didn't use any of these, unless there are other occasions where he shows him fighting

Back