• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Indie Stats Equal Tournament: SEMIFINALS! Mag Agent Gestalt vs The Reckoning

Alright, so
right off the bat, I am not at all confident in The End's ability to fight Gestalt in a straight fight, so im not even going to worry about that until everything else fails

First argument, I'll try what i did against Azzy
The End can talk through dimensions and is very persuasive in making deals. It can reap any soul it makes a deal with
Therefore, it could reach into Gestalt and talk to the souls inside it, particularly Phobos, and promise absurd power/whatever they want in order to win the fight and either kill Gestalt, depower Gestalt, or have Phobos take control and have Gestalt commit slip and slide
The End is a god and has an entire realm under its control with the Shroud, I get that Phobos has a god complex, but he's also power-hungry, and was/still is a doctor who realizes an opportunity when he sees one.

Second argument, Phobos/Gestalt would count as a psionic with their connection to 'The Other Place'. In Stellaris, 'psionic' is used to describe anyone who can reach into the Shroud or bend reality with their minds, and with their connection to another realm the two could count as a type of psionic in Stellaris terms. That would give The End power over their minds and souls. Now, Gestalt apparently has machinery in his brain specifically for cases like these, so he couldn't go mad from what The End does, but in game, if one takes the Become the Crisis perk and threatens the Shroud then the Shroud Entities, including The End, start killing off psionic people in your empire to slow you down. They could be subject to this, overloading their minds if they don't comply

First argument, I'll try what i did against Azzy
The End can talk through dimensions and is very persuasive in making deals. It can reap any soul it makes a deal with
Therefore, it could reach into Gestalt and talk to the souls inside it, particularly Phobos, and promise absurd power/whatever they want in order to win the fight and either kill Gestalt, depower Gestalt, or have Phobos take control and have Gestalt commit slip and slide
The End is a god and has an entire realm under its control with the Shroud, I get that Phobos has a god complex, but he's also power-hungry, and was/still is a doctor who realizes an opportunity when he sees one.
By SBA, Director Phobos cares nothing more than to kill The Reckoning, he has no reason to listen to them to get more power. furthermore, he has zero reason to trust The Reckoning to do that. he's more than smart enough to see right through it, just as he saw through Jesus' plans to assassinate him long before he even did it and recruited anyone to help him beyond one other person. Even if Phobos considered the deal, he has had a history of godly beings giving him power and going off to attempt to kill him later down the line, he'd see this no different.

none of the minds in Gestalt would listen either, as they are used as one mind to Gestalt, as he's confirmed to use their knowledge for combat purposes, who the same reasons above since Gestalt is controlled by Phobos, wouldn't listen either.
Second argument, Phobos/Gestalt would count as a psionic with their connection to 'The Other Place'. In Stellaris, 'psionic' is used to describe anyone who can reach into the Shroud or bend reality with their minds, and with their connection to another realm the two could count as a type of psionic in Stellaris terms. That would give The End power over their minds and souls. Now, Gestalt apparently has machinery in his brain specifically for cases like these, so he couldn't go mad from what The End does, but in game, if one takes the Become the Crisis perk and threatens the Shroud then the Shroud Entities, including The End, start killing off psionic people in your empire to slow you down. They could be subject to this, overloading their minds if they don't comply
Well, first off, you can't use an entirely different dimension to label someone as something due to a definition of them being able to reach into a completely unrelated place. second of all, unless we're using merged with the other place Phobos/Gestalt, they wouldn't have link to the other place. Gestalt is using an energy to create a gateway between realms, and Phobos is simply within The Other Place.

well then there's nothing the end can do against either of them
all of its actually good hax are restricted by the high hax rule, it can't rely on a stat buffer like it normally does because of equalization, there's no way for it to make a deal or try any of its lower hax, there's no way it can actually win the fight
good fight gang, nice hustle out there, all that
gestalt starts out with equal stats to the ball of light that doesn't understand the concept of dodging attacks and gg evolutions into oblivion
gestalt fra

Last edited:
well that was fast

look is there any point continuing this? i may as well just set up the damned loser's bracket considering Mag's probably gonna wash the finals as well

well that was fast

look is there any point continuing this? i may as well just set up the damned loser's bracket considering Mag's probably gonna wash the finals as well
no point in dragging this out, there's nothing the end could do against gestalt
like i said, they are very shitty when it comes to actually fighting
could apoc bird win?
cus the knight doesn't have anything against mag

Back