• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 strongest characters for every genre

(Feel free to suggest a genre if you think it should be listed here)

Horror:

1. Characters from the Cthulhu Mythos

2. Characters from The Dark Tower / Twin peaks

3. Characters from The SCP Foundatio

Comedy:

1. Azrael

2. The Guide Mark II

3. Ritsuka Fujimaru (Learning with Manga!)

4. Judge Ge

Fantasy:

1. Characters from The Elder Scrolls

Sci-Fi:

1. Characters from Warhammer 40,000

2. Downstreamers

3. Characters from Doctor Who

Romance:

Isekai:

1. Setoki Nozumu

2. Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel) (Speed Equalized) / Yogiri Takatou (Speed Unequalized)

3. Touma Taiga

4. Naofumi Iwatani

Slice of Life:

Historical:

Mystery:

1. Characters from Umineko no Naku Koro ni

2. Rika Furude

3. Hajime Hinata

Dystopia:

Post Apocalyptic:

1. Characters from Shin Megami Tensei

2. Sacred Ancestor

Steam Punk:

1. M (Shikkoku no Sharnoth)

Super Heroes:

1. The Writer

Anu/The Amaranth or The Creator would probably make top spot for Fantasy.

DarkGrath said:
Anu/The Amaranth or The Creator would probably make top spot for Fantasy.
I think The Amaranth is more deserving of the top spot IMO.

Amaranth has been updated to the new tiering system, but Umineko has yet to get revised last I saw.

Fair enough. I'm pretty sure The Creator would still be Tier 0, mind you, but whichever works. They would almost certainly both take up the 1 and 2 spots for Fantasy.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Characters from Umineko no Naku Koro ni should probably take no. 1 for the mystery genre.
Oh shit I forgot thats a mystery lol

Well to keep things more inclusive i'm going to limit characters to one genre on this list. I'll put them in number one for mystery, and remove them from fantasy.

SMT could possibly make it up a spot on post apocalyptic setting. They should be like an 11D verse, going off the standards here. But I'm not too sure if it nags the number 1 spot though.

MYHERO said:
SMT could possibly make it up a spot on post apocalyptic setting. They should be like an 11D verse, going off the standards here. But I'm not too sure if it nags the number 1 spot though.
Added them in

Wonder if I should put VHD characters under that genre too

If steampunck was a genre then i would suggest M (Shikkoku no Sharnoth) for a spot but idk if besides What a Beautiful Series we even have that many characters from that genre.

Technically WAB is also a historical, taking place in the early 20th century with a lot of historical figures like Nikola Tesla and Winston Churchill, but apparently history took a different path from what we know due to a certain Nyarlathotep screwing with the laws of the multiverse.

Anyway M for historical i guess.

I mean, the Foundation isn't really one character, is it? It's a giant collection of characters. Wouldn't it be better to list "Characters from the SCP Foundation" instead?

@Celestial: Can't wait until Edison gets his page on this place next year so he replaces M ovo

What's funny is that he technically fits more for the "Historical" part since he's the Nyar of the Historical World (world with a history that's pretty much IRL), while M is the Nyar of the Fantasy/Steampunk world.

I mean, a "Superhero" category could be added for characters like the Writer.

But under the current categories... I suppose Sci-Fi?

@Qliphoth Agent M yea but not the Black King, who is beyond space-time in his own infinite world, unless Edison rewrote Sharnoth too? I wonder.

@Celestial: Oh right, the personality thing. And nah, never heard Edison doing that before but it wouldn't be beyond him if he wanted to considering his position in the series.

-On topic, this is a great topic about the different genres. Although I do SEE the Isekai section is already filled up with the broken LN/VN characters WTH lol

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
@Celestial: Oh right, the personality thing. And nah, never heard Edison doing that before but it wouldn't be beyond him if he wanted to considering his position in the series.
-On topic, this is a great topic about the different genres. Although I do SEE the Isekai section is already filled up with the broken LN/VN characters WTH lol
Lmao

Yeah Isekai has a lot of broken characters it seems.

For Sc-Fi, would Characters from Star Wars be up there? I'm a bit out of the loop here on even the canon one but I often hear and read that the Legends ver of it can be broken. Mainly on the Force users though but it does have technology in it and whatnot so it does cover the Sc-Fi part would it not?

Ah. IDK, Star Wars just came to mind when it comes to Sci-fi.

Those two, and WH40K, though...jesus now THOSE take up the top spots for sure.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
All the other warhammer characters are still stronger than the sci-fi characters
Okay but my point is he's the only one in his verse on that level.

When I take into consideration whether to put "Characters from this verse" I have to see if multiple characters are on that level. If 2 or more aren't I just put the one character on that level.

Back