• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters for Every Tier

Sasaki Kojirou and Musashi I think would qualify the most, considering that they basically took the concept of skill and broke it over their knees to the point that their skill is literally described as infinite.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Sasaki Kojirou and Musashi I think would qualify the most, considering that they basically took the concept of skill and broke it over their knees to the point that their skill is literally described as infinite.
If you can read the EoR 3, Musashi said that if she fight Munenori in 10 fight she can only win 1.

Samurai Jack (Character), Ryu (Street Fighter)/Akuma (Street Fighter), Captain America (Marvel Comics), Jetstream Sam for any of their tiers.

Jack is a master of all forms of both armed and unarmed combat iirc; the Street Fighter characters I'm recommending based on, Idk, just how I've seen them portrayed and talked about; Captain America based on this.

Sam I can go a little more in-depth on because I actually know the game pretty well. Not only did he absolutely curbstomp Raiden-- who has been fighting since he was a child-- in their first encounter but at the end of Revengeance he still manages to keep up with Raiden who at this point has had his physical strength increased by a country mile. Then when Raiden disarms him he simply shrugs and decides to use his fists against someone not only physically stronger than him but also wielding a durability-negating sword. And wouldn't you know it, he still manages to give Raiden a run for his money in these conditions. He accomplished all this despite being a lot less machine than anyone else in the game.

Also before he had his cyborg arm-- AKA while he was still 100% human-- he bested Armstrong and only lost because the dude is really effing hard to kill in the verse.

PsychoWarper said:
Batman dispite being only like 35 has mastered like every martial arts on the planet some of which should have taken decades to even learn let alone to master.
>35

Ikki knows all sword styles (including unique ones like Edelweiss's), several martial arts, spear arts, marksmanship and more and he's 15. Also he never had a master he self taught himself everything. And Edelweiss' technique is actually "swining in a way so that you do not make noise by negating air friction and the damage goes entirely on to the attack, no energy wasted, it doesn't accelerate (literally starts moving at max speed, idk how that's physically possible) and creates vacuum in air through the technique". Literally no other swordsmaster has ever been able to even come close to replicating it whereas Ikki copied it in a single fight that lasted like 6 sword clashes.

Batman learned a lot of stuff, but he took ages to copy stuff. Ikki does that instantly without even being taught.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
That was pre-Zero Musashi though.

Although Munenori was stated to achieve a near-equivalent to Zero which is also quite impressive.

BTW, you should offer your input on this thread
That wasn't peak Yagyu either though. The living Yagyu in Shimosa has yet to reach Sword Saint status.

In Knight Run, the concept of the void of the sword exist too. Its called "god" and allows its user to perfom physically impossible feats:

God of the sword
God of the sword3

This is barely Sion's prime:

God of the sword2

Sion was the only one to ever earn the title "Sword Saint", in the entire history of the Knight Order, over 400 years old organization that keeps tab on every legendary figure in humanitys history on a universal scale.

Even after her prime passed, she still performed various feats. One of them was her duel against her pupil Clint. His entire sword art is about throwing Iado cuts as pricise and fast, to the point that trained veteran Knights didnt even realize that they missed a hand when bumping into him until they saw it missing. The same Knights who fight years over years on battlefields where the slightest mistake can lead to your group being whiped out instantly.

in their final duel Clint threw his best cut, cumilated through years over years of training (To put it into perspective, Clint trained since his young adulthood and was till his death prolly around 70, maybe even 80 years old) against Sion. Sion countered by doing this:

Wush

Bug-Eate for 10-C.

Almost defeated Jotaro and Josuke. Would surely have killed them 1v1. Jotaro and Josuke are among the best tacticians in the verse.

Figured out timestop by observing it once, including its limits. Which makes it more intelligent than the entire Stardust Crusaders which includes genius tacticians like Kakyoin and Joseph Joestar.

Repeatedly tagged Jotaro with darts despite Jotaro having timestop. Caliberated its aim to predict where Jotaro would dodge to after the timestop. Also ensured that even missed shots will still hit by ricocheting from various surfaces. As it doesn't resist timestop, this is similar to tagging someone who is repeatedly teleporting.

Im being dead ass serious. Only in jojo would a ******* rat be a God tier tactician and sniper.

Mind you, I'm not talking about strongest, obviously. Take almost any sniper in fiction that has no hard counter or resistance to time stop and ask yourself if they could deduce the power by seeing it once, and land a hit on a time stopper.

Let me raise you one. Did they even know that time stop existed as an ability in their own verse?

I am also gonna call bullshit on the fate one. Just short of servants who have a skill that let's them identify the enemy abilities, I do not think any of them would be able to instantly deduce Summer BB's time stop without any previous Intel.

I doubt the assassins would be able to either, especially since the Culexus rely on being able to nullify the enemies abilities and then take them in a bout of raw skill and soul hax. I do not think they would be able to do it, and if they could the only reason they would be able to is if they knew what time stop was ahead of time.

As for the other people, what comparable skill feat do they have?

The first three are definitely not better. The rest have far greater range, anti-hax measures and a ton of experience. The rat had none of that, and has only had the Stand for a week or so. And I'm pretty sure it didn't have a tactical fight until Jotaro and Josuke came along.

@Weekly Those are the ones I am knowledgeable enough to know its false outright. I will look into the others while I wait for you to explain a comparable skill feat

TacticalNuke002 said:
The first three are definitely not better. The rest have far greater range, anti-hax measures and a ton of experience. The rat had none of that, and has only had the Stand for a week or so. And I'm pretty sure it didn't have a tactical fight until Jotaro and Josuke came along.
This is on top of the fact that he didn't even know what time stop, or probably even the concept of time was before he got into the fight with Jotaro lol

Yobo Blue said:
Bug Eaten isn't necessarily the most skilled, but he's definitely the most talented (somehow)
I think the best way to compare how good these snipers are, is to take their best sniping feats and assume that everything else was the same for both parties in the circumstances that the feat was performed except skill and intelligence, and see who could perform eachothers feats.

I am sure there are other snipers that could perform Bug-Eaten's feats, but I heavily doubt that the ones that Weekly provided are among these

then isnt this more skill than talent since it's a feat that shows off BE's capability to do something rather than his capability to become capable of doing something?

DragonEmperor23 said:
then isnt this more skill than talent since it's a feat that shows off BE's capability to do something rather than his capability to become capable of doing something?
Nah, because he was learning quickly, although what the feat he accomplished was a skill feat, under those circumstances its counts towards a measurement of talent as well.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@Weekly Those are the ones I am knowledgeable enough to know its false outright. I will look into the others while I wait for you to explain a comparable skill feat
Widow is skilled enough as a sniper to trick prime Ana, who has vision 600x better than a normal human, that she was actually three snipers working from multiple different points simultaneously

Quiet is able to spot individual blades on a helicopter when they were at full speed and shoot through them, accurately shoot an unguided bullet with pinpoint accuracy to kill a fighter jet pilot at a great distance (compensating for bullet drop and wind speed while both the jet and the helicopter she was in were moving at mach speed and taking evasive action), and regularly shoots mid-air grenades so as to make them ricochet without making them detonate

I'll have Wok talk your ear off about why the Assassinorum are vastly superior snipers

Starcraft snipers are capable of accurately sniping people from the moon

Also, Bug Eaten did not in any way figure out that Jotaro had timestop, all it did was ricochet darts off of rocks in a shotgun pattern in case it missed so it would hit from a blind spot

Who is more skilled?

Me with a 6x mounted on a UMP-9 and repeatedly hitting headshots while accounting for bullet drop.

Or

A guy with a 15x mounted on an AWM who doesn't get any bullet drop and kills people just by shooting at their torso.

Oh, i also forgot about Linda, who was able to headshot elites in banshees while upside down, firing with one hand, without using a scope, while the banshees were moving at top speed, with even Master Chief being in awe and referring to her skill as art

TacticalNuke002 said:
Not what his fight implies at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVh4G6EF-RY

Yes, it is. He fired a wide spread so it would bounce off of a rock behind Jotaro, and then another wide spread that Jotaro couldnt dodge. That is not a precision sniper that is spray and prey, covering a wide area with multiple shots. Its also never stated once that Bug figured out that Jotaro had time stop.

skilled" is a massively general term.. deceased characters skilled at being dead...

Also is it really skill when someone is born/created with massive can-do-anything and know-anyhing powers and can thus "do stuff better" than other individuals.

And is it also considered being skillful when the only thing a character knows how to do is fight and react...

I would definitely not consider Sailor Moon (Character) skilled when she sucked at being a student, or some supreme like SCP-001 (S Andrew Swann's Proposal) for managing what it perceives as a "piece of fiction" which is essentially equivalent to a person managing unmoving stacks of papers. And no offense, but no Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super)

Back