• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters For Every Tier 3

Idk. Assassins don't have anything other than beating people which can't be quantified, and from those that can be quantified Ikki greatly outmatches.

LoL characters. Most feats Weekly mentioned have already been outdone by Ikki.

Still waiting for a single feat of actual skill Ikki has as stuff like restarting his own heart is not in any way shape or form a feat of skill

>Skill

>Wanked

May i ask why?

And skill feats, i believe i have stated like 100 skill feats of Ikki and yes restarting your own heart via skill based body control "is" a skill feat. Cus he's using skill to manipulate his body to such an extent he can freely control his heart and neurotransmitters.

WeeklyBattles said:
Still waiting for a single feat of actual skill Ikki has as stuff like restarting his own heart is not in any way shape or form a feat of skill
Its supposed to show body controll...which he does with skill

@Fire Because half of the things you keep repeatedly trying to pass off as skill have nothing to do with actual skill

Firephoenixearl said:
That is strategic prediction. Not combat one. There is a huge difference. That is no different from what Lelouch does in Code Geass, strategic precog. It's different to precog the absolute exact thoughts of someone in the heat of combat. Not the same thing, so sorry i guess.
Yes that's nice and all, Ikki was able to copy them from the stance alone without even seeing it.

That's just good hearing, not all senses.
I believe this is where i was still arguing why Ikki outdoes your LoL guys.

And Weekly are you going there? Ikki is a dude who does "everything" through skill, he has no talent as a blazer, he just has good physical stats and pure...raw skill.

The guy literally removes the ability to see colors at will to turn that energy into the muscles and brain to move and process things faster.

^^ With skill. Why are those not skill feats if they outright state "it's via skill".

Because calling that skill would be like calling someone reality warping whatever they want into existence skill. It's a supernatural power, no matter how much the author wants to say otherwise.

I'm still pretty sure he is more skilled than the lol guys, but still.

@Ricsi I can give you a full list of all of the skill feats in the verse if you'd like because the one i gave before is missilg like half of the characters

He's not doing reality warping. There is a big difference. Ikki literally possesses nothing but very minor stat amp (like 4 times or so i believe, don't recall the exact amount) and he pushes it to 100x stat amp, restarts his own heart, resists electrcity by controling his neurons, copies things from seeing it's stance, predicts every move, speed, time and location of invisible targets for a whole fight, can sense every grain of sand and see every strand in someone's hair in the heat of battle, can notice muscle movements with precision, etc etc etc, there is too much more. All through skill.

These are not things that cannot be achieved with skill, they are just impossibly hard to gain via skill.

No. No matter how you twist it, it's not done through skill alone. It's an ability that shouldn't be possible, but he has as an ability that allows him to control his own body.

And no matter how hard the author says that it's done with skill, it's no less a supernatural ability than goku sensing people's presence by training, or Naruto combining his mind and body's energy to create chakra, or any other ability.

It's an innate thing people in his verse can do with the right training, but it ain't not just skill.

@Ricsi There are a lot of things that arent possible IRL and in fiction it still happens. Saying that he cant do it via skill, even though its stated that it is, is like saying a character cant be FTL, even if it has been shown. Thats just how the verse works

In the actual verse it isn't classed as "supernatural". The only supernatural thing Ikki can really do is create a sword out of his soul. Everything else is ranked F and his magic is classed E. But his skill is the highest class possible within the verse.

Although I still disagree with him being more skilled than the Assassins

RatherClueless said:
@Ricsi There are a lot of things that arent possible IRL and in fiction it still happens. Saying that he cant do it via skill, even though its stated that it is, is like saying a character cant be FTL, even if it has been shown. Thats just how the verse works
Saying that he can do body control because he trained a lot is no more of a skill feat than any of the exemples I gave above.

Yes, he did it with skill, but it's not a feat when the difficulty of it is arbitrary to the authors whims and has no grounding in reality.

Because someone can be FTL, but you can't say that them being so skilled in using their muscles that they became FTL is a good skill feat.

"Because someone can be FTL, but you can't say that them being so skilled in using their muscles that they became FTL is a good skill feat."

I wasnt talking about skill with this, but instead about not just saying "It doesnt work like this IRL, so it must be supernatuaral, even in verse", even if that doesnt has to be the case.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Saying that he can do body control because he trained a lot is no more of a skill feat than any of the exemples I gave above.

Yes, he did it with skill, but it's not a feat when the difficulty of it is arbitrary to the authors whims and has no grounding in reality.

Because someone can be FTL, but you can't say that them being so skilled in using their muscles that they became FTL is a good skill feat.
Body Control can be achieved with skill. Not to that extent, but that's why it's fiction.

"Has no groundings with reality"...dude. Fiction....fictio. For real?

No being FTL has no grounding with reality.

RatherClueless said:
"Because someone can be FTL, but you can't say that them being so skilled in using their muscles that they became FTL is a good skill feat."
I wasnt talking about skill with this, but instead about not just saying "It doesnt work like this IRL, so it must be supernatuaral, even in verse", even if that doesnt has to be the case.
Except I never said anything about in verse. It is supernatural in the real world, and something completely up in the air in how difficult or easy it is supposed to be.

Firephoenixearl said:
Body Control can be achieved with skill. Not to that extent, but that's why it's fiction.

"Has no groundings with reality"...dude. Fiction....fictio. For real?

No being FTL has no grounding with reality.
The kind of manipulation he does is not exactly related to what humans do. But even if, that doesn't mean that the skill feat becomes more impressice than, well, actual skill feats that the difficulty of is grounded and not up to the author.

Yes, for real. Because throwing out a superpower and saying "he's this skilled" is not an argument, even if he got the power with skill. Again, Goku won't be nominated as more skilled for being able to sense others' auras, no matter how the fact that he did it through skill.

And..? It also has nothing to do with skill.

It being unrealistic is not what disqualifies it from being a skill feat. It being completely unrelated to any real world skill and only dictated by the author, and thus unquantifable, is.

DistinctiveFeature said:
What do you guys mean by skill?

Is it how well characters fight? Or how many abilities a character can do via pure skill?

I believe it's mostly the former, though the latter certainly helps with that

I could argue back at that, but long story short.

If it's done through skill, it's still...skill. It's a list of top 5 most skilled characters, not top 5 characters we want to call skilled. You can say it's not humanly possible, yeah so what? Still skill. You can call it a superpower, but if it was achieved through nothing but pure skill then it counts as skill for this thread.

Also about "counting them", it's really not hard. Most things ikki shows (if not all) as skill are humanly impossible feats, and even logically impossible at times (like copying every slash possible from a style by seeing like 4 slashes, or copying by seeing the stance). That is what makes a skill impressive. Saying "he beat this guy by being skilled" is humanly possible, beating someone you normally shouldn't via skill is what martial artists always do, but doing something that you almost makes no logical sense, is far more impressive.

Him copying lifetimes of trainsing others through bull like looking at them for a second is one thing, caliming that him making himself colorblind with skill means his better at fighting then others is another entierly.

Pretty much all of his biological stuff is completely unrelated to skill, and there is no way to determinate how skilled he would actually need to be able to do all that, because that's entierly dependant on the verse.

I will vouch for that point.

Restarting one's heart and canceling out color vision are impressive, and certainly work to his advantage in certain fights, but they aren't super relevant in terms of outskilling other characters on the wiki.

If u want to say:

"Its impressive, but who knows how that stacks up to other verses, since they might handle it differently"

I can see that reasoning, however, saying it simply doesnt qualify and throw it out of the window is a no-go.

Its still way above any irl human abilities and should be treated as such.

Firephoenixearl said:
We are basing characters off of sheer skill. No one said anything about combat skill, magic skill, sniper skill etc.
It actually is combat skill. But oh well.

His body control doesn't relate to his ability to stab, or otherwise harm others the right way. Because it's pretty damn clearly implied that we aren't considering any possible skill and are focusing on fighting, least I make a profile for Shougeki no Soma and have them be in the 10-A section because his cooking causes *******, hallucinations and/or mental trauma.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
His body control doesn't relate to his ability to stab, or otherwise harm others the right way. Because it's pretty damn clearly implied that we aren't considering any possible skill and are focusing on fighting, least I make a profile for Shougeki no Soma and have them be in the 10-A section because his cooking causes *******, hallucinations and/or mental trauma.
He won tons of fights using body control though. It's a LOT harder to put down someone who has body control that is combat skill.

It's a lot harder to put down someone that can regenerate or is immortal too, that doesn't make them more skilled.

Being hard to kill and being skilled at killing are two unrelated things.

And again, said abilities are arbitrary as far as defyining his level of skill goes, because they are something the author made up, and not something that we can compare to other feats in other verses and claim to be superior.

I think that since the heart-restarting is done through body control acquired through training, which is something real, it can be counted.

However, @Earl, I do think you're hyping up how impressive said feat is a bit too much. The instant footwork correction when he's under the effects of Amane's fatehax is worthy of more mention, in my opinion.

That's hax, not skill.

This is combat skill, not offensive skill. Defensive skills count too.

Not really. His body control is treated as one of his greatest skills. Access it's still beyond any humanly feat by a long shot. So it it's quantifiable for the most part.

Back