• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters For Every Tier 3

WeeklyBattles said:
tfw somehow none of the assassins' actual skill feats are quantifiable but starting your own heart is somehow a quantifiable skill feat
Yes because it's quantifiable. You need a certain amount of skill to manip your heart like that. But defeating someone brings in too many things into consideration like plot, strength, defense, the skill of the other party, advantages and disadvantages, how they won etc. That's why it's not quantifiable. One of the reasons we don't apply a>b>c logic. Cus beating someone is not a feat that can be compared to others, how you beat them can be used though.

We're 11-A rankings discussed? I'm wondering cause Bill and Hammer are in opposite positions of my suggestion and I wasn't able to find where it was discussed.

Applying CPR to yourself isn't as impressive of a feat as people make it up to be...

but just saying that character X beat up a bunch of people doesn't show anything about skill either... if a random Star Wars Droid dropped a bomb in the chain-reaction area of the Death Star by accident, I can't just restate the feat by saying that "Droid singlehanded-ly blows up Death Star"...

I'm not implying that this said character that you're discussing just "magically beat the Imperium", but just saying that Character X beat the Imperium leaves out too many details to certify "combat skill"

DnW0 said:
Applying CPR to yourself isn't as impressive of a feat as people make it up to be...
but just saying that character X beat up a bunch of people doesn't show anything about skill either... if a random Star Wars Droid dropped a bomb in the chain-reaction area of the Death Star by accident, I can't just restate the feat by saying that "Droid singlehanded-ly blows up Death Star"...

I'm not implying that this said character that you're discussing just "magically beat the Imperium", but just saying that Character X beat the Imperium leaves out too many details to certify "combat skill"
Not cpr, literally controlling your nurotransmiters and heart via body control.

And yeah exactly my point.

That's comparing a human to a computer. The computer doesn't need skill to do that, a human does. You can't just start your own heart after it stops casually, no human can, but through skill, Ikki did do that, same for his neurotransmitters.

Firephoenixearl said:
That's comparing a human to a computer. The computer doesn't need skill to do that, a human does. You can't just start your own heart after it stops casually, no human can, but through skill, Ikki did do that, same for his neurotransmitters.
T-3000 isn't a computer like T-800, its literally a human who had his cells transmutated into tiny metal critters. And these cells have to communicate with each other and physically reposition themselves to imitate things like walking, and these cells aren't supercomputers nor is there a control system within the center of John Connor. Imitating martial arts by controlling each one of your cells' positions is as much of a feat as triggering specific neurons on the brain to restart a certain function when humans can do the same with magnets.

Idk the character so can't comment on, it's still intense skill to control your body like that as a human. There are also things Ikki can do, THOUSANDS of other skills, that was just something i mentioned as "skill feats" rather than "beat up people".

So ugh @Wok. Anything conclusive other than years of experience and beatting armies and stuff putting Assassins above Ikki? None of them are impressive for Ikki standards, not without more context.

The assassins have more legitimate feats of skill in one mission than Ikki has in his entire series

I think most of us here think that the assassins are much more impresive compare to Ikki.

WeeklyBattles said:
The assassins have more legitimate feats of skill in one mission than Ikki has in his entire series
Care to show me any great feat of theirs besides "they beat this guy and an entire army"?

I can't put my chips down either way because I haven't read Rakudai and I haven't seen Warhammer.

But what I think we need to figure out is what we're using as the primary evidence of skill. Are we using feats, statements, or inferences?

For example, let's take Solan and Claire Stanfield.

If we're using feats, then Claire Stanfield is far more skilled, having far more impressive and unorthodox displays of skill than Solan. Claire has danced around the world's strongest hitman, defeated a samurai with scissors, and aim-dodged shurikens via eye reflections. What has Solan done? He fought some dude with a sword for five minutes and then lost because he got distracted. Claire takes it hands-down.

But if we're using statements as well, such as the fact that Solan's skill with a blade is essentially a form of wizardry, the dude he was fighting was thought to be the greatest swordsman in the solar system with thousands of years of combat experience, and that those five minutes were the fiercest duel-royale in history, then it's easy to see that lore-wise Solan far eclipses Claire in combat prowess.

It feels like something similar is happening between Ikki and the Assassins. Once we have a solid means of evaluation, aside from "eh, this seems more impressive to me", then we can actually reach a consensus instead of arguing back and forth forever.

Someone should make profile for shuumatsu no valkyrie, they do have amazing skill feats there.

EmperorRorepme said:
Ikki being more skilled than the Assasins is just pure wank.
>Pure wank

>Nothing to say Assassins are more skilled besides them beating some guys which is an unknown display of skill.

Yea sure, seems fair.

The issue with statements is that it sounds very impressive and it might be very impressive too, but it cant be simply compared to other verses, without concrete feats. For all we know "the greatest swordsman in the solar system" isnt actually all that great... Its not quantifyalbe without any more specific feats.

Solan does have some more concrete evidence via scaling from John Carter, I'm just using him for the sake of argument.

I actually kind of feel bad that Corvo got added without me even trying to explain my reasoning for wanting him on there

RatherClueless said:
The issue with statements is that it sounds very impressive and it might be very impressive too, but it cant be simply compared to other verses, without concrete feats. For all we know "the greatest swordsman in the solar system" isnt actually all that great... Its not quantifyalbe without any more specific feats.
Pretty much this. It is like using "the strongest character" to say he's the strongest in the wiki cus of this statement.

Well, if this does get through without any specific feats but the sniper shot, I'll argue that the adventurer is above Ikki, coz he took down entire countries, universes and gods (including the god of war) with nothing but pure skill. He also defeated higherdimensional warriors that have thousand of years of combat experience and reincarnated through many lifes before becoming high level spirits, which pretty much requires u to be one of the strongest fighters in the multiverse...

How is that above Ikki?

Those are still just "defeated this guy and this guy in verse" ok but what level of skill is that? Can he perform half of Ikki's skill feats?

But to answer you question anyways. Here are few of a bunch of skills the adventurer has:

• Negating durability, because he aims well
  • Can decide to simply not take any damage till later with shear willpower (its not ignoring dmg, but simply not taking any)
  • Can hide his presence to beings that can sence things across universes and dimensions

Well in dissidia, he did copy the skills of other FF heroes. I think he also combine some of the skills. It's been so long since I last played that game.

Time to remove Ikki entirely from this list. Never knew that a magical highschool harem protagonist would give me such a headache.

I by the way started to watch Rakudai out of boredom. I like how old school the ED and OP is despite being a modern magical Highschool anime lol.

Yeah, its genuinly serviceable, even though its not save from its genre induced cringe.

Huesito88 said:
"magical highschool harem protagonist"
He isn't a harem protagonist!
His sister, his senpai (? dunno, im only at ep 5-6~ish), the entire female highschoolbody.

Dude. Its literally that.

Back