• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Most Skilled Characters For Every Tier 3

So, i think the consens we reached here is deleting Ikki and his verse from the wiki aight?

It's not hax... at all, but some author saying that the character just trained his body so much that each cell can surivive indipendently on their own, making most fleshwounds useless still means nothing to their skill in fighting.

But restarting your heart has nothing to do with defending yourself in a fight of skill.

Goku sesning people by training is also beyond any human, doesn't mean he is the best fighter ever. Because if you have a character that can restart their heart at will through skill and one that trained decades in martial arts, with no other factors, the latter would still be considered the more skilled fighter. His ability doesn't relate to his skill in attacking, parrying or dodging attacks, and while it keeps him alive just fine and can be used in a fight, it's not a fighting skill.

Honestly, if we had a profile for movie Speed Racer, I would recommend out of sheer combat applicable driving skill.

So like this whole dicussion is "restarting your own heart" is not combat skill even though he would have lost fights if it weren't for that huh? His body control makes him borderline immune to:

1. Literally most forms of Mind hax (doesn't need to be conscious, but frying his physical mind will obviously work cus biological stuff).

2. Electricity and Paralysis

3. Biological death hax

etc

on top of his colorblind thing giving him insane stat amps.

Are you gonna say none of those matter in combat? The stat amp, is not useful, resistance to mindhax is not useful, electricity and paralysis, biological death hax. Are those all not useful in combat?

And none of that is his skill at fighting. And resisting that stuff is not a factor here.

It's not who would win in combat, it's who is more skilled in combat. Survivability only matters when it's you dodging, redirecting or blocking attacks, and none of those hax would even matter here.

Again, between a guy that has body control and can keep his every cell going permanently, and one that trained in martial arts, the latter would be chosen as the more skilled because the former has nothing to do with your skill to fight.

Earl, what I'm confused about is why you're even relying on the heart control when Ikki has plenty of skill feats that are more universally combat skill

Creaturemaster971 said:
Earl, what I'm confused about is why you're even relying on the heart control when Ikki has plenty of skill feats that are more universally combat skill
Im not relying on that, im not mentioning just that, i know ikki has thousands of impressive skill feats, but i am against the whole notion of:

"Becoming color blind at will is not a combat skill feat, even though i directly amps your combat capabilities like speed strength perception etc."

His body control is so good he can manipulate his own biology. I don't get what we are arguing about here. It's clearly a combat skill.

I guess I'll join witch and enjoy watching this. Maybe I'll get myself some kettle corn too (I dont like the salty ones all that much)

RatherClueless said:
I guess I'll join witch and enjoy watching this. Maybe I'll get myself some kettle corn too (I dont like the salty ones all that much)
Since I'm a dairy-loving degenerate, I'll take some of the cheesy popcorn if you don't want any

It's a skill, but not one that you can compare to actual martial arts, or other types of masteries, and claim he is better at fighting because he has control over his body.

Him being able to become stronger does not make him a more skilled fighter. Him doing so through his strenght is still impossible to actually judge for skill, and doesn't make him better than other nominations on it's own.

I would argue removing your perception of colours to increase the speed at which you can process information (which is something he clearly does in the scene above) counts as just as skillful without even including the physical stat amp.

RatherClueless said:
SpookyShadow said:
What about Jetstream Sam for Low 7-C?
That one is already completely full, so u would need to debate why he is above anyone else on that list.
Sam is pure skill. He can solo many cyborgs at once, while he isn't one himself (he only wears nanosuit, he is 100% human). Also he was stated to be capable of defeating Armstrong, the strongest and most skilled fighter of entire US Army.

He casually sliced through bullets that were coming at him and gave Raiden that was fully a cyborg with years of experience a extremely hard time, while Sam had only a cyborg arm (which only made him weaker by the way).

I don't know anything about Teresa nor Claymore verse so someone can tell me what she has against this.

John985 said:
Teresa is only using 10% of her abilities, and she can still stomp everyone on her verse.
Still I don't know if that's skill or natural talent/borrowed powers, and I don't know her skill feats, like reaction speed or combat capabilities/intelligence. I'll look on her page.

Zaratthustra said:
Teresa has the most acute Yoki Sensing in the series able to detect the most minute changes in the Yoki of both Claymore and Yoma being able to predict every move they make.
She's able to copy movement/techniques after seeing them once - she demonstrated every technique in the series.
^

Well it's been so long I read the series, so just take his word.

I do have a question about low 7-C though. Why are yujiro and grappler baki seperate, even though noone is inbetween them? Just takes up space.

John985 said:
Zaratthustra said:
Teresa has the most acute Yoki Sensing in the series able to detect the most minute changes in the Yoki of both Claymore and Yoma being able to predict every move they make.
She's able to copy movement/techniques after seeing them once - she demonstrated every technique in the series.
^
Well it's been so long I read the series, so just take his word.
Well, as long as I'm not familiar with verse I don't know if these feats surpass Sam's. I'll leave this to someone else.

Not really. It's just saying characters like Musashi Miyamoto. Motobe. Retsu etc are absurdly skilled and take the spot under Yujiro.

RatherClueless said:
I do have a question about low 7-C though. Why are yujiro and grappler baki seperate, even though noone is inbetween them? Just takes up space.
They are FAR less skilled than Yujiro. Like not even in the same ballpark.

Baki himself is fairly close, in terms of pure skill at least. I mean Musashi Miyamoto is so skilled with his sword techniques he can cut people without a sword.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Not really. It's just saying characters like Musashi Miyamoto. Motobe. Retsu etc are absurdly skilled and take the spot under Yujiro.
Pretty sure Baki, Miyamoto and Goki Shibukawa are the most skilled after Yujiro. Motobo and Retsu aren't all that skilled honnestly.

RatherClueless said:
Firephoenixearl said:
They are FAR less skilled than Yujiro. Like not even in the same ballpark.
So? Still same verse and noone in between.
I think it's just implying that it's possible to be in between them or sth. Idk. Im pretty sure Teresa from what was described is more skilled than other Baki characters (sans Yujiro).

Also Negi for High 7-A and 6-C, just look at his intelegent section. He's a god tier of the verse for a reason. Same verse of Juuzou.

@Yung

7-A is already full.

So, what does Samurai Jack have in skill feats? Pretty much everything Hinata has is purely done through being a really skilled gary stu, exceptions being luck and aura.

John985 said:
@Yung

7-A is already full.
I know, I was saying KHR is probably above some of the listed 7-A's in skill.

The Shigure Soen Ryu is a martial art which was passed down 8 generations, each inheritor being more skilled than their master. Stated to be an invincible and ever evolving sword art with each master creating new techniques improving the style. (Also worth mentioning; Each form of the style is only shown once to the student - if the student is worthy to succeed, he only needs to see it once to remember how to use it from then on.)

Generally many characters are known for being the best hit-men in the world and others can fight on par with them.

Superbi Squalo mastered hundreds of different sword arts just by witnessing them once. Yamamoto also has similar capabilities.

Genkishi was too skilled of a fighter for Tsunayoshi Sawada to predict his moves; and he pales in comparison to someone like Kyoya Hibari

Fon (Who doesn't have a profile), is stated to know 107 different martial art styles.

Back