• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Characters for Every Tier Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are protagonists still on the list without anything that lets them beat the people above them, the plot hax is wholly defensive it won't let them beat people stronger than them, it makes no sense for them to be on the list bar, like, Calvin and the administrator who actually have wincons

No. It says you, as the GM, can give them one. They don't have it by default.

And in Fiendish Codex straight up says they aren't.
Yeah, it's because for all intents and purposes, they're treated on the same level of being.

Another example is the Archfey, they are strictly Gods, but they're on the level of the Gods.

There's a lot of beings like that, Archdevils and Demon Lords as well.

They aren't literally Gods, they're just on that level, as I said.

Yeah, it's because for all intents and purposes, they're treated on the same level of being.

Another example is the Archfey, they are strictly Gods, but they're on the level of the Gods.

There's a lot of beings like that, Archdevils and Demon Lords as well.

They aren't literally Gods, they're just on that level, as I said.
Yeah. And because of that exact reason, they don't get the actual properties of a true deity. In this particular case, access to every spell.

Yeah. And because of that exact reason, they don't get the actual properties of a true deity. In this particular case, access to every spell.
As far as I remember, the Gods don't have access to all spells anyway, only some of them do, specifically like the Gods of Magic, like Wee Jas who knows all spells that can, will or do exist.

The Gods only know nearly everything about their domains, if that's what you mean.

And the only God who has all domains is Brahman.

As far as I remember, the Gods don't have access to all spells anyway, only some of them do, specifically like the Gods of Magic, like Wee Jas who knows all spells that can, will or do exist.

The Gods only know nearly everything about their domains, if that's what you mean.

And the only God who has all domains is Brahman.
Nope. All gods of every level can use any spell.

Here
This is why Vecna is still around in High 6-A. Access to Far Realm spells.

Nope. All gods of every level can use any spell.

Here
This is why Vecna is still around in High 6-A. Access to Far Realm spells.
Ah, I see what you mean.

Having access to them all doesn’t mean they can use them all.

they can only use a set number of them dependant on factors, that’s why Wee Jas is so impressive because she can remember all spells, not just having access to them.

All spellcasters have to prepare spells per day.

I see the confusion now

Ah, I see what you mean.

Having access to them all doesn’t mean they can use them all.

they can only use a set number of them dependant on factors, that’s why Wee Jas is so impressive because she can remember all spells, not just having access to them.

All spellcasters have to prepare spells per day.

I see the confusion now
Huh??

"All gods may use any spell of any level"

Edit:
Like, straight up, they can use them, lol. They don't even need to prepare nor use components. They just will it happen.

Edit 2:
Even Bambu agreed here

Huh??

"All gods may use any spell of any level"

Edit:
Like, straight up, they can use them, lol. They don't even need to prepare nor use components. They just will it happen.

Edit 2:
Even Bambu agreed here
When there’s feats or class features which give you access to all spells on all levels, you are still limited by your Remembered spells per day.

It’s why Dread Necromancer is so godly in 3.5e, because they don’t have to prepare spells to use them, it makes for a beastly combo with the Rainbow Ascendant, because they get access to all Divine spells of all levels too.

This might have changed between the editions, as my knowledge is mostly around 2e and 3.5e.

When there’s feats or class features which give you access to all spells on all levels, you are still limited by your Remembered spells per day.

It’s why Dread Necromancer is so godly in 3.5e, because they don’t have to prepare spells to use them, it makes for a beastly combo with the Rainbow Ascendant, because they get access to all Divine spells of all levels too.

This might have changed between the editions, as my knowledge is mostly around 2e and 3.5e.
Except, this doesn't come from either. This comes from deities being deities. They just will a spell into being.

Except, this doesn't come from either. This comes from deities being deities. They just will a spell into being.
Actually I just checked:

No, it’s not, it comes from their abilities and domains.

This ability, the ability to prepare any Arcane spell requires you to have the Magic or Knowledge domains.

The source you’ve got is from 2e, this is from 3.5e, Divine Rulebook.

You’re confusing how the game works. You see, Spellcasters will know a certain amount of spells from the spell, and from that list that they know, they can only prepare a certain number.

You cannot use unprepared spells.

Yeah, because the 2e sources is the one we use to justify them having all spells, lol.
Yeah, they can prepare any spell. But it doesn’t mean any any moment they can use any spell, they still have to prepare spells.

The ability to have access to any spell does not negate the Prepare aspect.

Here, I’ll copy and paste the Spellcasting rule:
A wizard casts arcane spells which are drawn from the sorcerer/wizard spelllist. A wizard must choose and prepare her spells ahead of time (see below).

To learn, prepare, or cast a spell, the wizard must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a wizard’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the wizard’s Intelligence modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a wizard can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Wizard. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Intelligence score.

Unlike a bard or sorcerer, a wizard may know any number of spells. She must choose and prepare her spells ahead of time by getting a good night’s sleep and spending 1 hour studying her spellbook. While studying, the wizard decides which spells to prepare.

You’re confusing how the game works. You see, Spellcasters will know a certain amount of spells from the spell, and from that list that they know, they can only prepare a certain number.

You cannot use unprepared spells.
Bro,
Legends and Lore it's pretty clear about this. Deities can use any spell of any level. They don't need books, nor prayers, nor components. It is merely an act of will.

Bro,
Legends and Lore it's pretty clear about this. Deities can use any spell of any level. They don't need books, nor prayers, nor components. It is merely an act of will.
You’re not contradicting what I’m saying.

I know they can use any spell, but they are still bound by the rule of preparation, I gave you another example from 3.5e Gods and Demigods were it states they still need to prepare spells, even though they know the spell.

Have you ever actually played D&D? Because it feels like you don’t actually understand what I’m saying.

You’re not contradicting what I’m saying.

I know they can use any spell, but they are still bound by the rule of preparation, I gave you another example from 3.5e Gods and Demigods were it states they still need to prepare spells, even though they know the spell.

Have you ever actually played D&D? Because it feels like you don’t actually understand what I’m saying.
My friend. The scan itself says it doesn't require a special book, what wizards actually do to prepare.

In fact, they explicitly state is an act of will. There's no preparation. They just will it happen.

And I in fact have played D&D. I understand what you are saying. You are simply wrong.

My friend. The scan itself says it doesn't require a special book, what wizards actually do to prepare.

In fact, they explicitly state is an act of will. There's no preparation. They just will it happen.

And I in fact have played D&D. I understand what you are saying. You are simply wrong.
Oh my god!

Act of Will is the speed of which they cast their abilities, At will spell speed, either Free Action or Quickened.

Somantic means they have to use gestures, spellbooks means they can just prepare spells from memory, and don’t need to write the spell into a spell book first.

Verbal means they don’t have to say the words of power, material means they don’t have to use any components for their spells.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Wizards prepare FROM a spell book, because that’s where they write down their spells.

Hence why getting another Wizard’s spell book gives you more spells.

And it’s why Sorcerers have a limited amount of known spells, because they DONT have a spell book.

Preparing a spell doesn’t mean they need set up, preparing a spell means that they have chosen a number of spells from the list they know that they can use that day.

it’s not prepared as in “prep time”.

Oh my god!

Act of Will is the speed of which they cast their abilities, At will spell speed, either Free Action or Quickened.

Somantic means they have to use gestures, spellbooks means they can just prepare spells from memory, and don’t need to write the spell into a spell book first.

Verbal means they don’t have to say the words of power, material means they don’t have to use any components for their spells.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Wizards prepare FROM a spell book, because that’s where they write down their spells.

Hence why getting another Wizard’s spell book gives you more spells.

And it’s why Sorcerers have a limited amount of known spells, because they DONT have a spell book.

Preparing a spell doesn’t mean they need set up, preparing a spell means that they have chosen a number of spells from the list they know that they can use that day.

it’s not prepared as in “prep time”.
Go to discord

Gotta ask, what puts SCP above the Triad of Bondye?
3812 is infinite levels above baseline High 1A, and will keep continue transcending everything, including itself. Oh and he cockblocks other people in the verse who are Infinite levels into High 1A, iirc.

3812 is infinite levels above baseline High 1A, and will keep continue transcending everything, including itself. Oh and he cockblocks other people in the verse who are Infinite levels into High 1A, iirc.
Well, the Trio of Bondye are each have 1/3 the power of a Tier 0.

Isn't that above Infinitely above Baseline High 1-A?

I have no ******* clue how dividing tier 0 shit work.

Like, IMO, shouldn't that just be tier 0 itself rather than High 1A?

I mean they're either all tier 0 or al High 1-A, I don't really see anything otherwise, I'll probably make a CRT about it at some point.

I mean they're either all tier 0 or al High 1-A, I don't really see anything otherwise, I'll probably make a CRT about it at some point.
Like I said, I wasn't the one who put them at High 1-A, Ultima was, and he has a better understanding of the tiering system than anyone, since he was the one who made it.

Until then, I believe I am right in saying 1/3 of 0 is above 3812?

I'm also confused, what let... I have no idea how to say their name, the .Aic character beat Jehovah or the Mages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back