• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Twin Peaks Revisions / Clarifications (No Tiers this time, though)

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
After giving it careful thought, I have decided to become worse.

As the title suggests, I won't tackle high-tiers all that much this time. This will also double as a sort of Q&A thread.

About the Powers and Abilities​

By going through a quick stroll through the verse's profiles, one might notice that there is a notable absence of scans or justifications in the Powers and Abilities sections, which is very, very bad for such a high-tier series. The explanation blog I've written technically explains much of it, but it is a bit large and intersects with things not strictly related to the verse's tiering, so it's not exactly fair for someone to have to read through the whole thing in search for the justifications behind an ability or two.

To correct that, and taking advantage of the fact much of the characters' powers spring from the same source, a friend of mine (Credits to her) and I have made this page, which compiles every showing related to the usage of the ethereal fire/electricity in the series, with all the scans and references needed placed alongside them. Now, as funny as an "Electricity Manipulation (Twin Peaks)" page sounds, I don't particularly like the idea of making a verse-specific ability page for such a niche verse, so I'm leaning towards either making it into a blog post, or copy and paste those justifications into all of the relevant profiles. The latter would come at the cost of making all of them horribly same-y, but such a thing is unfortunately unavoidable, in this case.

As an addendum, I'd like to ask for the input on a particular thing which I honestly don't really know how to classify. To quote the sandbox I've linked:

Conceptual Manipulation: The electricity is the binding force of all creation that comprises even the spiritual realms underlying the physical world, as well as the beings inhabiting them, who are described as living ideas that take the form of men and inhabit the deepest parts of the unconscious mind

So, to boil things down: The Lodge Spirits are stated to be abstract in nature. More specifically, they are ideas that appear under the guises of men to interact with, and influence people of the physical world, and to substantiate that, the realms they inhabit are further identified with "the deepest parts of the unconscious." Of course, they are also above and outside of the physical realm entirely, and in fact the interaction between their realm and the human mind is heavily implied to be the cause of the mortal plane's existence:

There are clues everywhere, all around us. But the puzzle maker is clever. The clues, although surrounding us, are somehow mistaken for something else. And the something else, the wrong interpretation of the clues, we call our world. Our world is a magical smoke screen. How should we interpret the happy song of the meadowlark or the robust flavor of a wild strawberry?

"As above, so below. The human being finds himself, or herself, in the middle. There is as much space outside the human, proportionately, as inside.
Stars, moons, and planets remind us of protons, neutrons, and electrons. Is there a bigger being walking with all the stars within? Does our thinking affect what goes on outside us, and what goes on inside us? I think it does.
Where does creamed corn figure into the workings of the universe? What really is creamed corn? Is it a symbol for something else?"

There is more to Laura's story than the facts. More than meets the eye or ear. A third rail lurks here in the shadows that's deadly to the touch. There's only one way to find it. The shamans I've worked with know how to pierce the veil and see beyond the membrane of our poorly perceived and shared "reality." (They'd use the term "illusion.") They've shown me, I've experienced these things with them, I've seen through the veil, and traveled the world in pursuit of that knowledge. Dedicated my life to this search, personally and profesionally.

Normally, this would lead to the conclusion that manipulating the electricity is Type 1 Conceptual Manipulation, since it can manipulate conceptual spaces that exist independently from reality, and this is what I did when I first made the profiles. However, I also noticed this bit in our page for the ability, which specifies that, ontop of existing independently from reality, these concepts also have to directly govern it to qualify for Type 1:

Such concepts are completely independent from the part of reality they govern. These concepts shape all of reality within their area of influence and at whatever level that area exists in, and everything in it "participates" in these concepts. For example, a circular object is circular because it is "participating" in the concept of "circle-ness". In this way, the alteration of these concepts will change every object of the concept across all of their area of influence, while the opposite wouldn't affect the concept.

Which does not seem to be the case with the Lodge Spirits. A good example of that would be the case of BOB, who straight up ******* dies with no adverse effects on the material universe. So, yeah, given that, they seem to be ideas that exist above and outside of reality, but don't directly shape or govern it at all, and so I have no clue of what to rate that as under the Conceptual Manipulation types. Furthermore, since the higher types seem to exclusively deal with the manipulation of Universals, the answer is likely that they do not qualify for those (And are more aligned with the current definition of Type 3), but I'll put this question out here anyway, so someone more knowledgeable than me can answer it.

About High 6-A​

So, currently, High 6-A is given to the spirits' manifestations in the physical realm off of this scan, which pretty much states that, if a human magician manages to tap into their power, he will gain enough magical strength to "reorder the earth to his liking," and given what I've talked about so far, it is fairly obvious this doesn't refer to any physical effect but to Reality Warping instead.

In my view, the rating itself is fine, but it is currently applied in a bit of a scuffed way. More specifically, I refer to The Woodsmen. For the basic reasoning behind why the High 6-A statement shouldn't refer to them, I can point you to the events towards the ending of Part 8, where one of them had to hijack a radio station to place an incantation over a small town and cause everyone in it to fall asleep, something obviously not very suggestive of planetary-scale Reality Warping.

For some further justifications, I believe it should be pointed out that, throughout most of the Woodsmen's appearances, it is made fairly clear that their control over the electricity isn't as powerful as that of the named spirits. For instance, they are always shown directly channeling it through machinery (Or whatever those things actually are), contrary to BOB and MIKE, who can do it just by speaking, or clapping their hands.

So, given most of their other feats in the physical world are just unquantifiable Reality Warping and/or Spacetime Manipulation, they should just be rated at 9-C, since they can tear heads off and squish skulls pretty easily.

About the Nonexistent Physiology​

As most of you probably already noticed, Nonexistent Physiology was revised, and the new types for it are notably more varied than the old classification, meaning the Twin Peaks profiles are notably outdated on that matter. So, it is probably time to tackle that.

I outlined the basic reasoning for the Nonexistent Physiology in thus Imgur album. Pretty straightforward, but to outline the conclusion in practical terms, I'll first have to do a brief outline of Twin Peaks' spiritual cosmology:

Basically, when it comes to the realms which the Spirits inhabit, the setting is seemingly arranged in terms "depth." For instance, the spiritual plane is described as a dimension that perhaps stands "deeper" and underlies the material one, which is confirmed in the third season, where the Red Room is shown to exist underneath the physical world. The starry realm identified with "nonexistence," in turn, is shown to be underneath the Red Room, being thus deeper than it, in the same way it is deeper than the normal universe.

So, given that, the Spirits' Nonexistent Physiology should be classified as Materialistic Nonexistence, with its "aspects" being Spiritual and Mental Nonexistence. Now, to get into the Nonexistent Physiology of the verse's god-tiers, I'll have to extend the cosmology explanation a bit.

Basically, the aforementioned "nonexistence" is not the highest realm of the cosmology, and deeper still than it, there is yet another level, the purple sea. This place is basically completely external to the whole setting outlined above, and the beings in there perceive it all as a movie. Not only that, it's also the home of the creators of Laura Palmer, who has the following stated about her:

"Welcome to Twin Peaks. My name is Margaret Lanterman. I live in Twin Peaks. I am known as the Log Lady. There is a story behind that. There are many stories in Twin Peaks. Some of them are sad, some funny. Some of them are stories of madness, of violence. Some are ordinary. Yet they all have about them a sense of mystery – the mystery of life.
Sometimes, the mystery of death. The mystery of the woods. The woods surrounding Twin Peaks.
To introduce this story, let me just say it encompasses the all – it is beyond the "fire", though few would know that meaning. It is a story of many, but begins with one – and I knew her.
The one leading to the many is Laura Palmer. Laura is the one."

Which is a direct parallel to this:

The stars turn, and a time presents itself.

Hawk, electricity is humming. You hear it in the mountains and rivers. You see it dance among the seas and stars, and glowing around the moon. But in these days, the glow is dying. What will there be in the darkness that remains? The Truman brothers are both 'true men'. They are your brothers, and the others, the good ones who have been with you. Now the circle is almost complete. Watch and listen to the dream of time and space. It all comes out now, flowing like a river. That which is and is not.

Hawk, Laura is the one.

Bottom line is that the "story" Laura is at the root of is said to encompass "The All," and is beyond the fire, which as shown by the page above, is synonimous with the electricity permeating everything, and encroaches both existence and nonexistence ("That which is and is not"). And the purple sea, being where Laura's innermost divine essence was created before being sent to the lower worlds, would likewise partake in that same nature. Supported by how the Fireman (The most prominent character shown dwelling in there) perceived the events of Part 18 as part of the aforementioned movie, said events having involved the electricity itself dying (Something which the second quote posted above directly mentions)

Moreover, there is also this statement:

Life is but a dream from which we seem able to only rarely awaken. Whatever it means is beyond words. Words lose their meaning when you look at them too long. "God." "Science." "Meaning." Everything melts into silence.

Which comes from The Secret History of Twin Peaks, which is also the source of these:

Mysteries abound. This continent, this country, our own earthly origins are all laden with them, underlying our existence, pre-dating all our childish notions of “history.”

MILFORD: Their real value lies in their ability to create within us wonder and curiosity. That, and only that, spurs us to seek understanding of the ultimate truths.

BRIGGS: I disagree. I see mysteries as the truth itself; that they’re the essence of our existence, and aren’t necessarily meant to be fully apprehended.

MILFORD: So we’re consigned to ignorance, is that it?

BRIGGS: No. But that final barrier can be breached only by faith.

MILFORD: (laughs) That’s just your Catholic slip showing, Briggs.

“Why am I telling you this?” he went on. “A secret’s only a secret as long as you keep it. Once you tell someone it loses all its power--for good or ill--like that, it’s just another piece of information. But a real mystery can’t be solved, not completely. It’s always just out of reach, like a light around the corner; you might catch a glimpse of what it reveals, feel its warmth, but you can’t know the heart of it, not really. That’s what gives it value: It can’t be cracked, it’s bigger than you and me, bigger than everything we know. Those tight-ass suits can keep their secrets, they don’t add up to anything. This deep in the game, pal, I’ll take mystery every time. Ask your second question.”

Which the writer, Mark Frost, then commented on in an interview:

I would say that the idea of mystery is something that is profoundly inherent in all of reality. It's a Joseph Campbell mystery as opposed to a murder mystery. It's a sense that there's something going on just beneath the surface of what we can perceive. It's really what people talk about I guess when they're talking about a spiritual sense of reality, that there's something evanescent and hard to grasp and very often seems just beyond our reach, but there are times in our lives when we catch glimpses of it.

In summary (As you might already have gathered), existence (and nonexistence) is part of a dream in Twin Peaks, and beyond that dream, there is only a state completely beyond words and descriptions, as well as all conceptions ("God," "Science" and even "Meaning" itself being given examples), which all "melt into silence." The book then links this nature to a mystery which can never truly be known or "cracked," and that will always remain just out of reach to any label one might try and attach to it, meaning that it is impossible to truly refer to its essence, and any attempt to point at it will just be referring to something lesser, instead.

You might ask what the dream's "meaning" being described as such has to do with any of the cosmology, and for the answer to that, refer back to this quote:

There are clues everywhere, all around us. But the puzzle maker is clever. The clues, although surrounding us, are somehow mistaken for something else. And the something else, the wrong interpretation of the clues, we call our world. Our world is a magical smoke screen. How should we interpret the happy song of the meadowlark or the robust flavor of a wild strawberry?

Basically, the dream's "meaning" in this case, is metaphorical, because existence is equated to a puzzle made of many parts: The spiritual realm is the clues to solving the puzzle, and the physical world is a "smokescreen' created by the human mind misinterpreting these clues. What the "everything melts into silence" statement is referring to would, in turn, naturally be the answer to the puzzle.

This bit of information is currently the crux of the god-tiers' High 1-A rating, but it obviously has applications in regards to their Nonexistent Physiology, too. Given all of the above, they would have Idealistic Nonexistence as their nature type, and in regards to their aspect type, they'll just get all of them, I guess.

Phillip Jeffries​

Old, old, old profile and with a sleuth of issues to come along with it.

Changed the entirety of the narrative of Twin Peaks, making the reality wherein Laura Palmer was killed into fiction and changing its status within the canonicity to "unofficial", while an "official version" of events arose in its place

Okay, so, to explain that, I'll have to talk about some of what happens in The Return: So, basically, towards the end of Part 17, the protagonist, Dale Cooper, resolves to try and go back in time to prevent the murder of Laura Palmer at BOB's hands (The event which kickstarted everything in the main series) from ever happening in the first place, and to do this, he heads towards Phillip Jeffries, who is now a time machine of sorts.

Jeffries then works on "finding" the specific time period Cooper wants to travel to, and for that, he manifests some random out of steam. Eventually, those symbols become an "8" figure, which he flips on its side and then runs a black dot through, and the point where the dot stops is the point in time where Cooper will be sent to. Jeffries flipping the symbol on its side is not just a non-sequitur, for the matter, since in the following episode, a scene from the first one repeats, except with its directions literally reversed.

As seen in the video above, before allowing Cooper to get sent back in time, he also makes mention of "an unnoficial version," which one of the latter's friends will remember if he is ever seen again. The second book, the Final Dossier, then elaborates a bit more on that and basically confirms that he was referring to a new timeline where Laura Palmer was never found dead, but just disappeared instead, which resulted in most of the series' events not happening in the same way to begin with, while the only ones who remember the original course of events are people not from the town of Twin Peaks.

Chief, in that same article, a few sentences later? This:
“Agent Cooper had come to town a few months earlier, to aid in the investigation into the disappearance, still unsolved, of local teenage beauty queen, Laura Palmer.”
Let me repeat that phrase for you: “still unsolved.” No mention of “murder,” “wrapped in plastic,” or “father arrested for shocking crime eventually dies in police custody of self-inflicted wounds.”
It’s right there on the front page: Laura Palmer did not die. So, fairly certain I’ve not misplaced my own mind, I go back and check the corresponding police records. They tell me this: Laura Palmer disappeared from Twin Peaks without a trace—on the very same night when, in the world we thought we knew, it used to be said she’d died—but the police never found the girl or, if she had been killed elsewhere, her body or made a single arrest. In every subsequent mention in an edition of the Post, the case is still listed as an open and pending investigation.

These two conflicting accounts being called "Official" and "Unnoficial" versions makes perfect sense, since, after all, reality is canonically a film in Twin Peaks, and is seen as such by higher beings, further emphasized by Laura's corpse dissolving into Television Static and the timeline changing from black-and-white to colored once Cooper successfully changes it.

So the "officiality" of the timelines did indeed change, but not on Jeffries' behest. He just enabled Cooper to be sent into the nonexistent timeline at the reverse side of the "8," and the latter's actions altered the narrative from then on. In fact, it was not even Jeffries who sent Cooper to that point, it was MIKE, again as shown in the video linked above. From what can be gathered, Phillip just acted as an anchor of sorts in that whole ritual.

Given that, I'd also suggest we just delete Jeffries' profile. He is genuinely just a guy erased from existence and driven to insanity by the sheer disorientation caused by the realm he is in, and who is also incapable of doing anything on his own. There is nothing worth indexing with him.

About the Clear Light​

To put it bluntly, I would like to remove that key from the god-tiers' profiles. The reason being that it is an excessively vague figure within the verse, whose existence can be best traced back to this phrase:

And now, an ending. Where there was once one, there are now two. Or were there always two?
What is a reflection? A chance to see two? When there are chances for reflections, there can always be two--or more. Only when we are everywhere will there be just one.
It has been a pleasure speaking to you.

Which essentially boils down to the notion that, at the end of it, all doubles, and triples, and so on, are ultimately just a product of mirrors and reflections, and that something that is truly "One" exists everywhere (Notice the use of the term "we" in the phrasing), which is just an allusion to the concept of an all-pervading unity, in accordance with the series' recurring theme of opposite extremes being simply divisions of a single thing.

Something else that is used as the lynchpin of this key is this scene, where Cooper guides a dying man using a passage from the Tibetan Book of the Dead, meant to be recited to those who are about to pass away, and in it he makes mention of a "naked, spotless intellect" that exists as a perfect, transparent vacuum with no center or circumference.

The man in question sees the light as he dies, and according to The Secret History, every single thing humanity has ever seen, thought of, or pondered about is ultimately real in some way, because all of these ideas are received due to influence from the spiritual plane and realms beyond. So those two descriptions would by definition refer to something existent within the setting, but that doesn't make them any less vague or lacking in information. Moreover, indexing it as if it was a higher form of the two god-tiers is extremely presumptuous, since they would only be parts of it in the same way all other multiplicities are.

If you want a concrete example of something of this sort that has been removed from the wiki before, then I'd cite The Nameless Mist, which was likewise an exceedingly vague figure in Lovecraft's Mythos that was removed due to almost total lack of information regarding it, which made us unable to verify if it was even a character to begin with as opposed to some abstract state, something which very much applies here (Whether or not the fact that they both share the naming pattern of "The [Adjective] [Noun]" is just a funny coincidence is up to debate).

Of course, "God" in the context of Twin Peaks is also explicitly said to not be an individual entity so much as an all-encompassing wholeness that lies at the core of every thing, but it, at the very least, plays a much more immediate role in the setting, and actually interacts and communicates through manifestations, as seen here:

A shining figure, much taller than the others, suddenly appeared in their midst and it gave off a violet light so bright and powerful it washed away everything else in my field of vision, nearly “blinding” me. I cannot honestly remember anything else about its appearance, which may or may not have been humanoid—my memory holds it closer in shape to a sphere that emanated a powerful impression of “beauty,” but in an almost purely abstract sense. The other figures seemed to either defer to this figure or recoil from it in fear; it occurred to me that the figure might have been drawn to me by some protective instinct.

As the other figures withdrew or receded, the new figure moved closer, and as it neared, all my own fears subsided and I felt a benevolent calm wash over me, an energetically soothing rush of peace and then a sense of joy that swelled up in my chest until I thought it might burst. A wholly inadequate phrase arose in my mind at that precise moment to fully describe this experience, and it was this: I am in the presence of “god” energy.

So, all in all, that key ought to go.

About the AP descriptions​

I made simplified ones. That's about it:

Low Outerverse level (Exists beyond the physical world, which is simply a reductive misinterpretation of the spiritual realm, described as a "magical smokescreen" or an illusory "veil" concealing a reality stated to be deeper than, and to underlie all of spacetime, being a world of the unconscious at the source of all scientific, philosophical and inspirational ideas. The physical world, in turn, has been stated to consist of a fractal of infinite higher vibrational worlds, each of which exists as a "higher quality" of existence than the previous one, and allows individuals to see the entirety of a lower world's timeline unfolding from the outside, as well as to travel through it at will)

Outerverse level (Resides in realms of nonexistence described as being located "nowhere," which stand on a deeper level than the Red Room in the same way it underlies the physical world at large, to the point that time, which is still present in a non-linear, unstable form within the former, is completely absent from them)

High Outerverse level (Stands in a state beyond definition, words, labels and categorization entirely, partaking in a "mystery" where all words and meaning "melt into silence," and which always remains impenetrable and "just out of reach" to any kind of description or association, greater than anything that can be known and conceptualized regarding it, even to the entities of the Lodge, who are a part of the Fireman's creation and participate in the process established by him just as humans do)

For reference, the bolded part is off of this quote:

We are born into this world, not another one. It’s not perfect, but it is what it is. This world presents some simple, certain truths. It helps us grow if we accept them, but many of these truths seem to trouble or frighten us. For instance, there is no light without darkness—and this troubles many of us—but without it, how else would we tell one from the other? We spend half of every day in darkness; surely we should make our peace with this. You may decide to see this as a metaphor. Many people do. I see it as a fact. Metaphors are beautiful ways of speaking about the truth. So are facts. Both tell us that time—and light, and darkness—moves in cycles. We move through them, too, often as passengers, but if our eyes are open, there is much to be learned along the way. A traveler learns more than a passenger. When darkness comes, a traveler learns to be brave, for they know the light will return. Anyone who’s spent a night alone in the woods learns this.

When a dark age comes, hold the light inside. That’s where it lives anyway. There are forces of darkness—and beings of darkness—and they are real and have always been around us. They’re part of the dance, just as you and I are; they’re just listening to different music. This may be the most troubling truth we will ever know. Many of us live most of our lives and brush up against this reality only rarely. It is far from pleasant, but wishing it were otherwise will not make it so.

So, that is all.

Last edited:
Overall this looks good, although I do have to question the power nullification
Mainly that nothing directly shows Bob nullified Mike's powers, honestly I don't see why he couldn't have simply overpowered him after the former broke the rules
Btw couldn't the scan also count for sound manipulation since before Mike stopped screaming he was moving his mouth but no sound came

Also some of the wording on the draft makes me wonder why this inherently scales to all the spirits (Mainly stuff like "Black Lodge spirits have shown" or anything only Bob did), I feel like there should be more evidence that all the abilities in said page are something Lodge spirits can use

Also some of the wording on the draft makes me wonder why this inherently scales to all the spirits (Mainly stuff like "Black Lodge spirits have shown" or anything only Bob did), I feel like there should be more evidence that all the abilities in said page are something Lodge spirits can use
That's mostly because all of their showings derive from the fact they can manipulate the electricity/fire. It's not that each of them have abilities exclusive to them, or anything of the sort, but moreso that they can all control the fundamental basis of existence (and nonexistence) and use that to accomplish a bunch of effects, so they in principle all have the same capabilities.

Good point on the other things, though.

Actually I'm now checking the vibration scans and have some notes on them too

Second one could be used for explosion manipulation, also maybe invisibility since we see the entity disappear on us but still do the effect
First one has more the issue of well seeming very much not literal, now I understand Twin Peaks of all verses uses a **** ton of metaphorical stuff for its tiers but I feel even then some of the stuff in it is iffy

First of all we have the quote of:
"Alone but in the presence of some immense, overwhelming force, as if gravity has increased a thousandfold"
In any other verse people would label this as aura or fear inducement, not to mention that in general this quote is more about the dread Brigs is feeling.
Also mind you Brigs as a person tends to be rather poetic in his words I'd say if the scene where he tells Bobby about his dream is anything to go by so I find it more odd that we just assume everything here is literal
I also want to mention I do not understand at all where they gain adaption from the listed scans, maybe i missed something

Death Manipulation, Disease and Corruption have the problem of where it uses shaky evidence which includes a dude saying they represent that and an interview where they literally state it's metaphorical, I feel if you insist on having the abilities a possibly works much better

Last thing, Poison Manipulation should get scans

Second one could be used for explosion manipulation, also maybe invisibility since we see the entity disappear on us but still do the effect
First one has more the issue of well seeming very much not literal, now I understand Twin Peaks of all verses uses a **** ton of metaphorical stuff for its tiers but I feel even then some of the stuff in it is iffy
Not sure if Explosion Manipulation is appropriate here, given he is moreso just vibrating his head really fast until it explodes. The first scan is literal, too, since, as this article linked to this in-universe website explains, the physical realm revolves all around the concept of "vibrational qualities," which when adjusted, allow an individual to travel through higher and lower planes of existence. This is where Adaptation comes from too, for the matter.

In any other verse people would label this as aura or fear inducement, not to mention that in general this quote is more about the dread Brigs is feeling.
Don't think that's a very good interpretation, given he is specifically being abducted to a higher space of existence here, and describes himself as moving outside of his own volition because of that force's influence. Not to mention that he is having thoughts and information forcibly inserted into his mind, ontop of interacting with otherwordly realms explicitly giving you a sort of intuitive knowledge about their nature, so I'd say it is pretty literal here, yeah.

Also mind you Brigs as a person tends to be rather poetic in his words I'd say if the scene where he tells Bobby about his dream is anything to go by so I find it more odd that we just assume everything here is literal
That dream, in specific, was foreshadowing for Briggs' interaction with, and eventual ascension to the Fireman's Home in Season 3 ("A palazzo of fantastic proportions," "the deepest wellsprings of my being," and etc), so it's not exactly a good example to use. Not to mention that, in that same scene, Major Briggs also says that what he had wasn't simply a dream, which he says is just a review of daily thoughts contained in the subconscious, but a vision, from someplace deeper than that, especially noteworthy because of how divine revelation being received through sleep is a major theme in the original series.

Death Manipulation, Disease and Corruption have the problem of where it uses shaky evidence which includes a dude saying they represent that and an interview where they literally state it's metaphorical, I feel if you insist on having the abilities a possibly works much better
The first scene is not entirely metaphorical, no, since we are shown the black fire is an actual elemental force (Can get two more scans for that, if you want), and not just an allegorical thing. Moreover, abstract things assuming symbolic forms is an actual process that happens with the Lodge Spirits, like with garmonbozia/creamed corn, for instance, which the Log Lady says is "a symbol for something else," which is then confirmed when we learn it's actually the form assumed by the pain and suffering which the Spirits harvest from humans.

As for the second scan, the "metaphorical" part which Mark Frost is referring to is the comparison to Pandora's Box, specifically. The part about damaging the spacetime continuum is demonstrably true, since the whole plot of Part 8 is that the Trinity Test, in fact, allowed spiritual beings to start meddling with the physical plane, something which Secret History then reiterates by talking about how "explosive forces," both literal and metaphorical, can open gates to other worlds.

Last edited:
Hm that answers my stuff ig
So yah everything looks fine otherwise

benjy horne and bobby briggs becoming benevolent were sort of hinted at but really really lousily

I agree as well

Last edited:
In fiction, there are cases where abstract/conceptual characters can be killed without adverse reality from the character's concept manipulation. In Bob's case, if it is the same case, I feel like conceptual manipulation type 1 is fine; if not, I guess it is type 3. I would like clarifications if possible.
I am fine with everything else.

In fiction, there are cases where abstract/conceptual characters can be killed without adverse reality from the character's concept manipulation. In Bob's case, if it is the same case, I feel like conceptual manipulation type 1 is fine; if not, I guess it is type 3. I would like clarifications if possible.
Thank you very much for helping out, Elizhaa.

@Ultima_Reality @KingPin0422

Would you be willing to clarify please?

We still need your help here, so this revision can finally be applied.

If you don’t mind me asking, how would the High 6-A stuff in the opening post affect a potential Windom Earl profile? Because if I recall correctly, his profile got deleted for the 6-A stuff being unreliable.

I also think that Diane, mrs tremond, and ronette Pulaski should get profiles. mrs tremond is obvious as to why (she's a powerful spirit), Diane is connected to naido who is part of the mauve zone, and ronentte Pulaski is seemingly connected to the American girl, who is also part of the mauve zone and connected to the mother

Thank you very much for helping out, Elizhaa.

Would you be willing to clarify please?

Okay. That is unfortunate. My apologies for not remembering properly.

Alrighty, then. I'll start by deleting by deleting Phillip Jeffries' profile, since that's the most straightforward of the proposals here. I'll also note that, going by the descriptions in the Conceptual Manipulation profile, what I described in the OP would be Type 3 Conceptual Manipulation, since that seems to be the label we put on whatever concepts that are abstract but don't really quality for Types 1 and 2.

I'll need advice on one thing, though: Given I've compiled all of the relevant abilities of the Spirits in a single sandbox (The Electricity page, in this case), am I allowed to make that into a blog and then link it on the profiles' P&A sections? Or do I need to make it into a proper page?

Alrighty, then. I'll start by deleting by deleting Phillip Jeffries' profile, since that's the most straightforward of the proposals here. I'll also note that, going by the descriptions in the Conceptual Manipulation profile, what I described in the OP would be Type 3 Conceptual Manipulation, since that seems to be the label we put on whatever concepts that are abstract but don't really quality for Types 1 and 2.
Okay. Thank you for helping out.
I'll need advice on one thing, though: Given I've compiled all of the relevant abilities of the Spirits in a single sandbox (The Electricity page, in this case), am I allowed to make that into a blog and then link it on the profiles' P&A sections? Or do I need to make it into a proper page?
You need to copy the relevant information into a proper "Verse-specific Powers and Abilities" page first.

Back