• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tohru stats question

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
Why is Tohru rated as Likely Island level exactly? The justifications on her profile for this rating aren't really clear. They say:

1. Three islands vanished as a result of her battle with her equal Elma, although the size of said islands and the timeframe of their battle were never specified. - Destroying three islands of an unknown size over an unknown timeframe is hardly a justification for this rating.

2. Dispersed the rain clouds surrounding a city with a single breath attack - I don't know if a calc put this feat at this rating. Unless it's a given that when you disperse clouds with an attack, you're Island level. Not clear on this.

3. Even while restraining her powers to the level of a human of her world, she still effortlessly created attacks comparable to nukes and even called such attacks playing. - The link for this is down. And nukes are rated as Multi-City Block level to Large Town level (Low-End nukes) and Small City level to Large City/Mountain level (High-End nukes). About the "playing around" part, I don't think being casual warrants a tier jump.

4. It should be noted that Tohru can wipe out entire armies of humans with that level of power. - I don't think wiping out human armies makes you Island level.

5. Possibly higher (Claimed to be capable of bringing an end to the world) - Looks like a Whitebeard-level of a hyperbole to me.

I don't know anything about Tohru or her verse, but these look like poor justifications for her current rating. I would appreciate if someone can clear this up.

^Same here on that, yeah. The island thing is rather poor since, as Scarlet said, the islands have no known size and it likely could have been over time rather than shortly.

So what should we do with her? Should we rate her as '''Unknown '''until a calc is made or what?

Alright, guy who created Tohru's profile here. I'll admit that the stats are kind of iffy and had to think a lot before putting a Likely Island level. And now looking at the profile again I have to say the AP is poorly justified. Apologies ;^;

For my inputs, feats are kind of impossible to calc. Anime is very different from source material that is manga *cough typical Kyoani cough* so her fight with her dad in the final ep should NOT be used. And the manga is only better than OPM webcomic in term of art quality with low-quality perspectives, so manga feats (cloud dispersing and playing with nuke attacks) are, as I said, impossible to do because there's nothing to scale.

FYI, here are the full detail of said 2 feats. As I said, manga art isn't the best quality:

• cloud dispersing 1 , 2 , and 3
  • playing nukes 1 , 2 , 3 and 4
My suggestions for stats adjustment: Cloud dispersing is clearly (visually) more powerful than the nuclear play, so we use that feat. And I've seen a lot of cloud dispersing feats resulting in different degrees of Small City level and stronger, so maybe the only solution is to judge that feat visually. She simply blew a massive hole in the cloud and dispersed it, clearing the rain. The decison is yours to make regarding what level that is.

@Matt

But that only applies for series that have adaptations very faithful to source material, and Maid Dragon is clearly not one of those series that should have the rule applied.

Tohru never fought her dad in the manga, so the entire fight in the anime is disregarded.

Even for feats that happened in the manga, the anime changes it. As I told you in the Calc Request thread, Tohru needed only ONE beam to clear the sky in the manga, while in the anime she used SEVERAL beams. Clear difference

Okay, then we can the first beam and disregard the others. The anime gives a proper timeframe for the cloud splitting.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Okay, then we can the first beam and disregard the others. The anime gives a proper timeframe for the cloud splitting.
Should I go ahead and request a calc for the cloud dispersing feat?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, so what if the islands are of unknown size? Small Islands are around Tier 7 or so.
Is there a source for this? Also the timeframe is still unknown so it cannot be used.

@Scarlet

I already requested the cloud-splitting feat. We just have to specify that they need to consider the first splitting animation and ignore the following ones.

Also here:

http://15list.com/15-smallest-islands-in-the-world-that-people-actually-live-on/

Here it lists some of the smallest islands on the world that people live on. Some of these are easily the size of small towns, and to completely wipe them of the map would probably be 7-B or so.

Also: Anime depicts the island as being quite large and its destruction as being one-shot:

https://youtu.be/MA7SRLzzqAw?t=82

I don't see the issue with using this, since the manga only mentions the island destruction as a passing note in one panel, and will likely never return to it.

Even if that warranted a 7-B rating, destroying three of them doesn't warrant a Island level rating. That's a considerably higher tier.

Also: Anime depicts the island as being quite large and its destruction as being one-shot:
I don't think there's enough evidence in that video to call the island as "quite large". Being oneshot maybe, but a large island, no not really. You can't judge on it's size from a small area like that. It's a wild assumption.

Well, maybe not quite large but the standard size for an island. It's big enough to have mountains in the horizon. Maybe we could ask someone to angsize that.

And I'm not saying they are 6-C, but I want to find a reliable rating.

IslandTohru
Here is a full-size screenshot of the island. Someone could angsize from the two dots (Tohru and Elma) and figure out the size of the mountains and stuff. Then consider the island to be circular shape and find out it's full size 360 Degrees, and then calculate the energy their clash liberate to wipe out the island of the map.

@ Elione

Please read the above posts. Tohru's fight with her father is totally anime-original and therefore non-canon to the original source that is the manga. As such we should disregard this entire fight. Feats from adaptations should only be used if they come from source material as well

I have a hard time evaluating a large beam going into outer space, but would appreciate more community input.

Well, considering that the beam happened as a result of a clash between Tohru and Elma, we could interpret it as an explosion, and calc it appropriately.

Back