• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tohru (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid) vs The Dovahkiin (Skyrim)

I feel Tohru would win easily. She has more impressive and more consistent feats. Whether the LDB can even destroy an island is very debatable and I feel this site vastly overestimates his speed.

As Tohru has a better invisibility power + teleportation, I'd say Tohru wins most likely. I mean, she was defeated only because of a God, and she was still alive after the attack.

To what extent does Dovahkiin's Time Manipulation go?

GoldenScorpions said:
As Tohru has a better invisibility power + teleportation, I'd say Tohru wins most likely. I mean, she was defeated only because of a God, and she was still alive after the attack.
Lorewise we know they can stop time, possibly manipulate it in other ways. For how long is unknown.

The site does (debatably) overestimate his speed, yes, and that's being adressed by the admins right now, but speed is equalized in this match, so that's an invalid point. Also, the Dovahkiin has withstood the Thu'um of 4 Greybeards at once, and also should logically be more powerful than them (lorewise). Plus, they were able to outmatch Alduin twice, which still puts them at a significant level of power, as while Alduin may no longer have the power he once had (due to neglecting hs role as World-Eater), he should still be immensely powerful, as he was still a threat to the world in the events of Skyrim

GoldenScorpions said:

Dovahkiin's concealment abilities are at least comparable to Tohru's, with the ability to turn invisible, muffle their sounds, and cast spells without making noise. Plus, the Dovahkiin has more hax abilities (such as permanently weakening a target, directly attacking the target's soul, use of intangibility, and negating concealment through the use of Aura Whsiper, among others)

That's true. Aura Whisper can negate Tohru's invisibility and Dragonrend makes her unable to fly.

I will restrain myself from voting in this thread because I did not watch the anime/manga of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and I don't know Tohru's feats. Therefore I might be judging this one-sidedly.

I'll probably be better able to tell when the last episode of the anime comes next week, as it seems she's going to use her powers in a fight.

But as Dovahkiins can stop time, he becomes incredibly OP. Do we really don't know for how long he can stop time? Tohru would have to resist Dovah's attacks in that time, and I'm not sure if she can or not. It did take a God to even harm her, sure but as both of their AP is on the same level, it's hard to say.

The advantages of Tohru seem to be Teleportation, the range of her attacks and Portal Creation that she can use as a means to disrupt Dovah.

Also, for this fight, into what Dovah can shapeshift into? Werewolf or vampire? Doesn't seem like he can be both.

He can't be both werewolf or vampire unless the OP says so.

Dovahkiin can't stop time, only slow it by 90%. In the game, at full power the duration is about 16 seconds, IDK if in the lore the duration is longer. About the gods, each series have diferent gods with diferent AP and abilities. For example, Zeus from Supernatural is 8-B, possibly 7-B. By destructive power alone he can't harm Tohru even though he is a god.

Tohru's adavantages makes this fair imo because Dovahkin also has some advantages against dragons (shouts, equipment, enchantments).

In Tohru's world, we know that gods are stronger than dragons. We know that the sword the god used severely hurt her and it got stuck in her. Her only method of escape was cross worlds. When Kobayashi found Tohru, she was almost dead.

If Dovahkiin is a werewolf, he can't fly and thus possibly can't reach Tohru. His range is in the hundreds of meters, while Tohru's is in the several kilometers. Vampire-Dovah can fly, so he would have chances of getting her.

And since Dovah's time slow would be around 16 seconds, it would depend on whether he can beat her before that, imo. His stamina seems weaker than Tohru's, so my guess is that Dovah would likely lose if the fight ends up dragging.

I'm voteing for The LDB since the only power Tohru has that he cannot counter is teleportation but he has fought at least one teleporter before so it isn't a new ability to him.

Additionaly LDB has powers Tohru cannot counter such as mind control.

Dragonborn wins. Much more hax, Tohru's flight is meaningless due to dragonrend, her invisibility is useless due to Aura Whisper. and Dovahkiin has fought invisible people and killed them so even without Aura Whisper he can still hold his own.

+ Dovahkiin can just Animal Allegiance or Bend Will and make Tohru his puppet for some time. Or just kill her off the spot.

Dragonrend is specicialy desgined toc ounter the dragons in TES. Why would it work here?

This should be a speed stomp in favor of Tohru right? Since LDB hypersonic rating is pretty much completely wrong.

Speed is equalized here, so speed doesn't matter here.

It really depends to what extent LDB's powers can affect Tohru. Mind control and 16 seconds of time stop is quite strong.

Also depends at what distance they start. Tohru's attacks reach several kilometres, while LDB's only a few hundreds of meters. So it really comes down to distance and the power of LDB's attacks, which seem already strong.

Well clearly, I can't read xD

With equal speed, I guess it's not so easy. LDB has quite a few, vague, hax but Tohru has more tangible feats, greater range and flight.

I still think the range and the flight would allow Tohru to win this. No reason to believe dragonrend would have any effect here.

Intentionally gimping a character (in this case Tohru) by equalizing speed doesn't sit right with me. If you do this you may as well be creating a new character. What's the reasoning for doing this? Speed is an important ability it shouldn't be so easily thrown away.

It's to avoid speed stomps. Imagine a character has Supersonic combat speed (1.1-2.5 Mach) and another characters has Hypersonic combat speed (5-10 Mach). In most cases, the 2nd character would be so fast that the 1st character won't have time to do anything. Meanwhile, when Attack Potencies are different, it's not always stomp. There's also the exact abilities, effects, Striking Strength, Durability and Stamina that come into play. An 8-B Tier character could beat a 7-B Tier character if his abilities balance his lack of destructiveness

Still it seems disingenuous. Is beating a character when speed is equalized treated the same as when it isn't?

Shazam121 said:
Dragonrend is specicialy desgined toc ounter the dragons in TES. Why would it work here?
This should be a speed stomp in favor of Tohru right? Since LDB hypersonic rating is pretty much completely wrong.
on skyrim dragons only? its specifically designed to bring down souls of those who are dragons. Tohru is a dragon with a soul, it counts to her.

and lets not forget Dovahkiin has dragonbane and other weapons that have magic that can kill dragons quicker

Zhex10 said:
Shazam121 said:
on skyrim dragons only? its specifically designed to bring down souls of those who are dragons. Tohru is a dragon with a soul, it counts to her.
Yep, Skyrim dragons only imo. Dragons in Skyrim are lesser Aedra, they can't even understand the concept of dying. Dragonrend works by forcing this understanding on them.

Shazam121 said:
Zhex10 said:
Shazam121 said:
Yep, Skyrim dragons only imo. Dragons in Skyrim are lesser Aedra, they can't even understand the concept of dying. Dragonrend works by forcing this understanding on them.
ok seriously there is absolutely no reason to believe that this is how it works. It learns the concept of mortality AFTER dragonrend brings it down. Dragonrend targets their soul then brings them down.

stop being a buzzkill with things you have no clue how it works, you got that from the wiki which is extremely vague and unreliable. The ingame says "Your voice lashes out at their soul, forcing the beast to land". Nothing about dragons not knowing the concept of mortality or learning the concept of mortality by landing them

because they land ALL THE TIME.

This is what dragonrend translates to:

"Temporary, finite, mortal"

You are literally shouting this at the dragon, with the power of the Thuum: a form of reality warping that imposes your will on the world.

I am quite familiar with TES. Or at the very least with Google.

That it forces them to land is kind of a step in the direction of game mechanics.

Shazam121 said:
This is what dragonrend translates to:

"Temporary, finite, mortal"

You are literally shouting this at the dragon, with the power of the Thuum: a form of reality warping that imposes your will on the world.

I am quite familiar with TES. Or at the very least with Google.

That it forces them to land is kind of a step in the direction of game mechanics.
ok but seriously, assuming that it only works on TES dragons is totally false. I would consider it so if it was saying: Mundus Dragons

however it isnt, and either way, Dovahkiin has plenty of other ways to deal with flying

I think it could reasonably be used on things outside of TES, but only on beings who are also incapable of understanding death. Tohru does seem able to understand her mortality so logically this shout should have no effect on her.

LDB can summon his own dragons to fight Tohru in the air.

As for Tohru understanding her mortality it's Kobyashi's mortality she understands, Tohru hers self might as well be immortal given her lifespan even if she actually isn't.

Uuhhh, isn't verse equalization a standard battle assumption, which was stated to apply in the OP? If so, then Dragonrend will work on Tohru, unless the arguments of Tohru understanding her motality or something apply.

Xmark12 said:
Uuhhh, isn't verse equalization a standard battle assumption, which was stated to apply in the OP? If so, then Dragonrend will work on Tohru, unless the arguments of Tohru understanding her motality or something apply.
Yep, this.

I don't see how shouting "Temporary, finite, mortal" would help the LDB in any way.

This is all assuming he doesn't use Bend Will, Soul Tear, Call his two dragons, Go Ethereal (Cannot be hit), Dismay shout (Fear), Marked for Death, Storm Call, Drain Vitality, and Whirlwind Sprint (For dodging). If this is Lore Dovahkiin, then there is NO cooldown for these shouts. I do not see how Tohru would at all be able to deal with all these, especially if this is lore Dovahkiin. Hell, part of the Bend Will Shout is literally "Dragon". Not any mortal or finite stuff, it's literally "Earth Mind Dragon".

Back