• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Revisions

I don't have a vested interest in the revision. I'm just pointing out that he never actually conceded, and that saying so is incredibly misleading.

This thread has been active since January it seems and everyone seems to agree with Zensum's interperation, that has been sitting there for weeks. Unless you have a response to his post I don't see how you can stop this considering the indiviudal's opinion you value so much as withdrawn himself from the thread. He seems to be waiting for a counter argument.

Looking at his post he continues to mistake umbrella statements of "Supersonic / faster than sound" which just say something broke the sound barrier and thus aren't necessarily contradicted by higher feats, with the very clear "Speed of sound" statement which sets a hard gap. That alone pokes hole in his supposedly flawless counterargument.

And the entire conext of the scene, where the character who is MHS literally goes all out like she was bloodlusted debunks that "it pokes a hole in the counterargument"

If she is MHS why does the scene put a gap at the speed at sound speed? Surely it wouldn't do that if she is as fast as you say.

Because Kamachi uses "at sound speed" or "above the speed of sound" to describe anything from Mach 1 to relativistic speeds.

>Relativistic speeds

Lol, you expect me to believe that.

If an author says "Sound speed or above the speed of sound" they mean something moving at Mach 1 or higher. Not something that is near-lightspeed because technically it is above sound so it's fine.

If a character says "I can destroy mountains and more" would you use that as an argument to justify him being Planet level because it's more than a mountain? Such a statement is using an object or a speed rating as a measure stick, and the higher measured is thus on a scale observable / relevant to it.

Again personally insulting me and failing to understand what I mean. That's literally just a basic understanding of how language works. You don't say "He has more than 10 dollars" to someone who has nearly a million.

That this is somehow a point of contention is really worrying.

The point is that Kamachi did use "above the speed of sound" to describe MHS, MHS+ and Relaivistic speeds more than once. Its not that I'm inflating, its because he literally uses the term in that way.

He also used "speed of light" to describe lightning speed.

Thats his way of writting.

And just mentioning the fact that you in fact didn't read the series is offensive to you?

Kamachi uses the term supersonic for saints all the time. It is a expression that has no meaning. Or is a classic example of a author not knowing how strong/fast hes made his characters.

At the end of the day Ollerus speedblitzed two saints one of who went "!?". This should be simple

Like TIHY said that argument is based on authorial intent which we disregard or else all saints would be Mach 2~ for being supersonic or at least supersonic for faster than a SS jet. Any other contention for Kakine or Ollerus?

I agree with the changes also it's obvious kamachi doesn't know how fast he made saints, we have accepted calced speeds after all.

Matthew Schroeder said:
If she is MHS why does the scene put a gap at the speed at sound speed? Surely it wouldn't do that if she is as fast as you say.
Just coming here to say Dyspo is only speed of light.

Authors just try to sound cool most of the time for the real life standards but for the fictional standards it can be lower/higher than what the characters had show to that point.

MattMatthew Schroeder said:
Again personally insulting me and failing to understand what I mean.
That's literally just a basic understanding of how language works. You don't say "He has more than 10 dollars" to someone who has nearly a million.

That this is somehow a point of contention is really worrying.
Matthew please. We've been through this dance before. Stop repeating arguments that have long been established before in previous threads. I might be new here, but even I've lurked in this wiki for more than a year now. Is it really that hard to double-check your claims? Majority has ruled to enact the changes. The vote has been cast.

Some sort of mod has to agree with the changes. While the majority agree it's pretty clear there is still some contention. Lazy Hunter is a knowledgeable member of the verse who dissagree's with the changes. This website isn't really a democracy, there are checks and balences in place for a reason.

That being said, I think the OP's reply with text refuting Lazy Hunters points should be replied to by someone.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Some sort of mod has to agree with the changes. While the majority agree it's pretty clear there is still some contention. Lazy Hunter is a knowledgeable member of the verse who dissagree's with the changes. This website isn't really a democracy, there are checks and balences in place for a reason.
So... appeal to authority?

Yes, I didn't make the rules.

It's a logical fallacy if I am arguing against your points which I am not here, so 'appeal to authority' doesn't apply in anyway.

Have you ever in your time on this Wiki seen a CRT go through without a mod or Knowledgeable member agreeing to the changes?

Revision or not kekinay awakening should be removed

if u want u can add the "at least" tag to his current speed as we never see him go all out, and he only fought another semi MG, so he is much faster than others (if concept of speed is even applied to MG) but he never actually showed it

no i mean it never happen it was just a mistranslation of the part just remove the key from his profile already

No where is that in your OP. If you want Ghuna changed take your reply to Lazy Hunters post to another knowledgeable member. Or it would be great if a mod could reply to Zensum's points because they are valid responses. That and most people agreeing with the changes means a mod really should reply.

That argument isn't based on authorial intent AT ALL. We are given a direct feat in the narration and it contradicts the calcs. It is not authorial intent. It is a matter of consistent feats.

@matthew

the problem here is people don't like that we in to aru prefer to low ball, we do it cause power is not really relevant in the universe, so we don't even try to push it up, especially for character that we know almost nothing about

the " at least" fits him perfectly cause that is the practical movement he showed, obv as a semi MG he should have more, but he never showed it and even then his attacks don't really care about speed ( Hliðskjálf , Wall of Explosions)

if people are complaining so much a " more likely much higher " could be added in his speed department

Matthew Schroeder said:
That argument isn't based on authorial intent AT ALL. We are given a direct feat in the narration and it contradicts the calcs. It is not authorial intent. It is a matter of consistent feats.
You're missing the point, every author statement and narration statement contradicts the calcs. The feats are where the calcs come from. Like we discussed above Kamachi doesn't know how fast he made his Saints. So are we going to use the author intent and have them at Mach 2++ or use the MHS calcs like we have been doing when a Saint is serious?

zen the nt 10 part can't be really counted as he just moves his arm in the trajectory of the swords, touma does something similar 3 chapters before, how he appeared between them is another bag but i do have 2 theory: he either has some sort of teleportation spell or, much more likely, is that he used the same spell as Fiamma to hide and was always there, after all they developed it together so it makes sense for him to use it

the narrator even mentions he was watching the whole fight

"

A sticky explosive sound burst out.

The great noise came from Ollerus as he cut between the two Saints.

"

No hint he of blitz, just him appearing out of nowhere

Cutting between the two = He moved. Both of them couldn't even notice him moving until he stopped both of their attacks. He "appeared out of nowhere" because he moved so damn fast that they couldn't see him and it looked like he just appeared there.

Thats the definition of blitzing.

It would fit more the spell Fiamma was using as he was watching everything, and he helped develop the spell itself

Ollerus can't use normal spells/magic. And the fact that a loud "boom"/sound came from him moving, indicating that he broke the sound barrier.

"Does this mean he's here too?" he asked while moving his eyes around to check his surroundings. "Ollerus isn't here too, is he?"

Silvia's eyebrows twitched at that question.

He did not know what had become of Ollerus. Othinus had told him the man had used the fairy spell, but he did not know that the man had been weakened with the exact same spell or that he had been defeated by the fierce attacks of a full-power magic god.

And so he rubbed her the wrong way.

"He's here too," replied Silvia. "But there's a good reason why he isn't out here."

he was already there he was just hiding

Not only has Ollerus never been stated to have this spell, even if he did the narration would have stated Hide Presence was being used like every other instance of Fiamma using it.

Anyways enough with derailment and back to the topics. Kakine's Key and Ollerus speed scaling.

Back