• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Revisions

TIHYDDWBE said:
I guess every magician should be at least supersonic since the text says ollerus is weaker than your average magician.
Things like these is exactly why I don't agree with this at all.

You are still putting a dude weaker than magicians somehow at the level of speed of Saints, who are explicitly above nearly any normal magician in their physical ability. What the heck is this? Ignoring the intent of the author because actual calcs have placed the characters in the speed where they belong by feats is one thing, it's the authors mistake if he makes the character react to stuff that puts them at MHS. It's a mistake on this side, however, to decide to argue for a stat change that makes literally no sense on the basis of a single panel.

This is the pure definition of outlier.

@TIHY >Comparing someone that actually understands and controls their power and has never shown any determination power boosts with... Gunha.

Nani?

I have no idea what you just said. I said that in jest because of the stupid connotations that would make, which would be true if you accepted DT's story. It's a argument for, not a argument against.

Also this is a lightnovel. There is no panels. He made up for what he lacked with his will. Says so right there.

>outlier

Lol

>@TIHY >Comparing someone that actually understands and controls their power and has never shown any determination power boosts with... Gunha. Nani?

Nani?

I'd like to point out that Leivinia and Thor are all capable to achieve Saint-like speeds despite only being normal magicians. The only diferrence between them and other people are the levels of skill and knowledge. This feat is far from an "outlier" when faced with previous examples.

Yet he has no demonstrations of ever just using his will to suddenly get a boost, it's a thing that happens once, and it's a single instance with nothing else to ever back it up.

>Leivinia "I summon Thelesma by feeling" Birdway without mentioning she has a specific technique for it, Thor "I defeated entire Gremling and make the Earth spin to favor me" Almighty who was using Mjolnir to boost him.

>Normal magicians.

Pick one, please. Not to mention we have Hel at unknown because we don't know her means. For Ollerus, it just happens, it happens once and no explanation is ever given. And unlike someone like Thor, he didn't fight either of the Saints and at least Thor gets a mention of "Supersonic".

And yes, it is an outlier to somehow compare an Ollerus that is weaker than a normal magician to some of the top magicians in the present To Aru world.

summoning Telesma is not a speed feat, and neither is using the Almighty's planetary rotation. I'm talking about the fight scene from the Ichi Festival arc. Stop cherrypicking information to suit your needs. Especially when they're very misleading. Ollerus also gets a mention of the "speed of sound" too as well as "sticky explosion". Both of which he could clearly do BEFORE the Fairy Spell injury. What's your point about Thor?

Leivinia is explictly not anything special. She's strong yes, but the actual canon text makes it clear that she got here out of hard work and dedication. She's not a Saint who was born with special properties. For all intents and purposes, she counts as a normal magician. Therefore Ollerus's feat is very much possible, especially since he still had few scraps of MG power left within him. "willpower" is being metaphorical. This isnt trying to upgrade nerfed Ollerus, this is trying to scale upwards to full-power Ollerus.

But summoning Telesma is a skill feat, by someone very much above most magicians. Almighty Thor is also something way, way above what most magicians have ever shown. Stop misinterpreting my meaning.

How she got there is pretty pointless, though? Thor also got there with just his hard work and no special talents, he's still the strongest one in all of Gremlin. Why are none of them at that level if it only takes hard work? They didn't work hard enough? It doesn't matter, because they are still not at that level. Ollerus would be in the same level as these two with no mentions of hard work, of actual means to achieve this, of other supporting feats, and while being point blank pointed out as weaker than a normal magician, reduced. Only justification being "there are 'normal' magicians that can do this", "he's super experienced and knowledgeable so suuuurely he must have found a way", and "it happened once so that should be proof!".

My point about Thor is that the dude clearly above a full organization of powerful Magicians still needed an outside boost to get to that level. Leivinia? Tarot Cards. Ollerus? Apparently determination, because that's happened before!

I didn't think I would need to elaborate this far for something so miniscule and should only require common sense for this to go through, but I'll delve down a bit deeper aswell.

Ollerus using his will is very likely him going super tryhard mode and using the last tiny amounts of his MG power. much like how Othinus can continue to use hers till she dies despite the ft and despite being unable to walk at the time.

Narration mentions a sticky explosion aswell, abilities he has used at fp.

Also feel free to respond to my previous message Lance. I'll be waiting.

Goddammit Fiamma.

And what's the limit on that? One use and he can never use it again? Because so far nothing like this has been mentioned, just "he's MHS because he reacted to Saints". So he could achieve this despite losing said power and only having a minuscule fragment but we have no clue how much he can use it or how long? Seems shaky, but it could be added for indexing purposes under that reasoning.

I am also not sure what you are telling me to respond to, I already answered.

He didn't just react to saints he cut between them in the middle of a attack.

it.. doesn't matter how much or how long he can use it? because he doesn't have or need a fairyspell key. this is for his fullpower key.

I had thought this was about applying this somehow to a key for weakened Ollerus, if there was one. Obviously he should scale if weakened Ollerus abused the last spark of his power that was left and his clashes with Othinus.

But weakened Ollerus without said spark has literaly no reason for that speed. But I see now that ain't a key so it doesn't matter.

Back