• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If youbdon'the want to bring RL physics then it'should a two way street with your logic of space beats vectors, because of how their powers work we have to use a combination of RL physics and in universe feats by a case by case basis. So I'd say it'seems inconclusive.

She said she could melt anything but this could be a boast and she may only be taking about ,aerials she knows exist, ergo no magic.

^what i meant with RL-physics is that we shouldnt do it that detailed, fiction often stretches them or ignores them completly, but in certain limits it is totally ok, for example: burning a piece of wood to ashes vs melting 50tons of steel, both can be done with fire manipulation but you obviously need more enrgy for the latter than the former, imo your example simply went to deep, but inconclusive seems to be the currently best option...

i wouldnt say magic is immune against it, for example: a water bullet should be vaporized, or a earthball attack, but that should only work for "normal elements", i doubt that something like the dragon-beam of index from vol.1 can be stopped (on the other hand a flame sword of styil should maybe suffer under it, or kanzakis sword attacks)...

Dpolaristar said:
I didn'the say magic was immune but certain magical materials would be immune. (Like the curtain a or a grimoire)
grimoire are surely immune, but if the material is made out of normal stuff and didnt recieve some form of magical protection than they should be affected like anything else, i dont remember but didnt the curtain get destroyed?

GreatestSin said:
Dpolaristar said:
I didn'the say magic was immune but certain magical materials would be immune. (Like the curtain a or a grimoire)
grimoire are surely immune, but if the material is made out of normal stuff and didnt recieve some form of magical protection than they should be affected like anything else, i dont remember but didnt the curtain get destroyed?
Pretty sure it was broken with very extreme circumstances of Elizardent nerfing carissa for Acquainted to throw Truman and his Imagine breaker like a cannon. Plus whenever carissa used that telesemail explosion it damages the blade and it could withstand kaori's yussen.

Speaking of an earlier conversation. It has always bothered me that the Science has so few big players compared to the magic side in terms of power, I could even think of hypothetical esters and powers or even buff existing ones to close the gap too.

Her speed was scaled from accel i know i wouldn't complain about her speed if i didn't saw her profile in the first place

i did read about half of NT 15 i am yet to finish it but , i don't find any reason to scale her from accel they did have some dirty tak and then the next part you see her escaping from him i don't remember it was mention that she fought him head to head no ? what will good come from fighting him ? i know her reason to pick fight but she already had previous knowldge of accel i don't think she had the method to hurt him in thr first place didn't she just wanted to piss him off ?

About her chains clare said that she can walk and destroy the white house like normal day work if the condition meet which mean no power in the world can stop her , imao kakine said the same shit back in Ot 15 anyway since we dosen't really know her limits shouldn't she put as "unknow " ? rather than limitng her with 8-C ? or you only take by feat ?

We go by feats, simple reason for that is that we might as well never see a limit to how much she can practically grow since there might not be one intended. So because of NLF its what the best feats suggest.

About her speed: Its only half scaled from accel, actually she has High Hypersonic+ to Massively Hypersonic speed feats herself since she dodged 3 lightning strikes from misaka at mid to close range.

The scaling to accel works very well. Salome is a physical fighter if she were marginally slower than accel in battle she would instantly get blitzed fighting him. They did fight for an extended period of time after all given that Salome used up all her weapons in that battle. Its really typical scaling for characters fightning like done everywhere.

Furthermore after that Salome was chased by accelerator. Literally the most straightforward speed comparison between characters is a chase/race. Accel didn't catch her showing that their speeds are about equal.

That is further shown as reasoable given that Salome outperforms Misakas Extrasensory perception, even though Misaka could even percieve and fight Saint level fighters (aka Brunhild) like that.

So yeah, Salomes speed is very well and consitenetly documented as being on that level.

soo you took her speed from her battle with misaka i forget about the lighting part does that alone grand her massively hypersonic reaction/ combat speed ? that part with accel really seems off to me as i said again we never saw them there no reason to assume that accel was going all out 100% no ? or should i go and say that crowly beated all the MG combined ? and i have issues wiht the chasing part since he would burn the city if gone full speed LOL

clare did the same shit as i remember what is her speed status ?

i would never take by the mikoto vs brunhild fight since she never used magic and the saint can go alot faster by using it , all out saint would own mikoto any day of the week

anyway i can certainly take your words about the lighting doging feat

Why would Accelerator not go all out chasing her she just threatened all his friends. I don't see what your issue seems to be

On a sidenote this thread is getting hella long, thinking we should make a second one soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back