• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 3

@Malox1696

If Goku stood still and Accelerator pushed him nothing would happen unless Goku let himself be pushed.

Durability in real life: The ability of a material the withstand wear, decay, pressure and damage. Something can be considered durable because it has a long usable life and still not be particularly hard to destroy on purpose.

Durability in VS terms: How much energy you need to damage a certain character.

Don't know what are you trying to say by bringing it up, but Newton's 3rd law is not Durability. If a City level character X punches a Wall level character Y with City level force and completely obliterates them, despite Y's much lower Durability, X is still withstanding the opposing City level force caused by their punch. It can be used to give you the Durability of the one punching, yes, but it has nothing to do with the durability of the one being punched.

@Ren Fujii

Who knows, Kamachi probably doesn't understand how strong he made her and other magic gods so I wouldn't expect him to consider her anything more than 3-D inside the story, just like he probably thinks nobody in the story is above supersonic fighting speeds.

@Trulybehind

Accelerator has only reflected stuff that comes from outside his AIM field, so I don't know how the field would react besides that in theory it might get reflected backwards.

YEs but that is a vector If I turn the opposing force 180 it will help me not oppose me and so there is nothing that can stop it he already use this ability when someone break his arm even though he did not strike with the force to break his arm his redirection change direction of the opposing vector too And it's not the only method he can inverse the force holding atom together cutting everything Both this method are an active part of his vector control so he may have a limit on how many vector he can calculate

The opposing force is a vector, yes, but Durability isn't. Accelerator already redirects the opposing force away from him any time he punches something hard, otherwise he would blow up his arm every single time. The only thing it does is double the strength of his punches, he still has to beat the Durability of the target, because the opposing force has nothing to do with the target's Durability.

Yes it would, Accelerator physically touches stuff to affect its vectors all the time. When he makes a vector powered punch or kick he is physically striking the target, he's just boosting the force of the blow by manipulating his own vectors.

No, once again you fail to understand what vectors, opposing force and Durability are. Randomly linking a wikipedia page does not make your argument anymore valid than before.

This is the same thing that happened when we discussed Amata's trick. You refuse to accept your headcanon might be wrong even when it's contradicted by the novel itself. At this point I give up.

you know that durability is related to opposing force right ? if there weren't opposing forces every material with a little force would pass trought everything

head cannon what ? i akwolead amata did not have specific superior calculation ability

here is physic if tehre were not opposing vector durability wouldn't exist

he need them to enter his aim not exactly touch (but is pretty much the same as his aim is only 1mm from him) them and even if he did touch them he can chose which direction the vector goes https://lmfcdn.secure.footprint.net...1a545bfb2c3eee172700e858a9341d&ttl=1510858800 do you see him touching ? Btw every force has vector how does the 3rd Newton law not have a vector ? And still I provide all the evidence while you are just deflecting You could just explain to me why it would not be a vector or why he can't do it

I recently reread ww3 arc and still confusing why gabriel when in angel fall arc and ww3 arc have significantly have difference AP? In ww3 when gabriel, kazakiri and accel stated that casual attack of gabriel wing can destroy a mountain but when i read gabriel page, gabriel in ww3 is 6-c tier

Gabriel in Angel Fall is basically using the body of Sasha Kreutzev, while in WWIII it has its regular Telesma body and has a feat of casually vaporizing a mountain, which is 6-C.

Ah, so in ww3 gabriel have 2 different form. Fisrt is ww3 form when gabriel fight with accel and kazakiri which is 6-c. And after he defeated and free from fiamma control which is 6-b, right?

Yep, Gabriel got even stronger when it came back after Fiamma fixed the distortion of the elements. Prior to that Gabriel's core was mixed up with the element of Fire, which is Michael's domain.

Saw the Railgun raws, we're getting more Index cameous in this arc. Also, Dolly is here, and she makes rails for her "Railguns" with her hair, like how Mikoto was apparently going to do hers in Index's prototype stage. I like how that concept was brought back, it's like when Misaki's first concept art become Mitsuari Ayu.

The question are pretty tricky you have one question that say if the alchemical spella turn thoughs into reality or what the user says into reality

Pretty sure it's the former

I am doing the quiz right now

Welp I got 50% ~

Btw how many years did Othinus make Touma suffer again ? was it billion years or something ?

The question what most likely is gunha's esper power is really a matter of opinion...

I got 84%, though.

48/50 questions, so 96%.

As DontTalk said, the Gunha question is pretty unfair. I'm not sure what the other question I got wrong was.

Who was the person that was not a index verse character? I literally only recognised stephanie gorgeouspalace out of the options and thats it

LordAizenSama said:
Who was the person that was not a index verse character? I literally only recognised stephanie gorgeouspalace out of the options and thats it
Lol this

This question was bitch

Just my curiosity after reading discussion in accel page. Does reflection work on ice manipulation power. Although in index tan manga Last Order said that accel can reflect cold but as far as i know index tan is non canon. So it not valid to said that accel can reflect cold or ice manip

Ah sorry, what i mean is can accel reflect an enemy that can froze their surrounding just like esdeath or toshiro hitsugaya

Freezing techniques would be reflected like he reflects people trying to use heat against him. Those aren't really complex types of attacks or something he hasn't faced before. Vectors related to heat are especifically mentioned to be ones he controls in his first appearance.

Back