• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Discussion thread New Fourms #1

Yeah, but every being can change the future. The point is, unless it's some kind of actual paradox, it's not acausality.
What? Not all types of acausality are related to time paradox, literally, i think type 1 is the only one directly related to it and type 2 may be, but 3 and 4 have nothing to do with paradoxes (i think Gabriel fits type 4 more as i said in my first post).

Also, if all beings could change the future everyone would be able to change Shaei's visions...
For a time traveller it would be a paradox, because they would change what is their past, hence changing themselves, hence not doing the thing that caused the change.
Which again, doesn't matter unless we were talking about type 1 acausality, but we are talking about type 4.
For Gabriel it isn't. He is special in that he can act outside of the Christian Prophecy's prediction, but he isn't paradoxing himself in doing so. Hence not acausality.
Again, not arguing for type 1 and also, do you have any actual proof that it's strictly talking about prophecies? The narration never implies it's talking about a prophecy, if it was the comparison of changing the set events like the way time travel changes the present+future wouldn't make sense nor would the term Transcender.

Why are you even arguing about whether a phased being exists outside of time when we already know that phased beings are outside of the Sephiroth of the human world (i.e., outside of the box)?

Why are you even arguing about whether a phased being exists outside of time when we already know that phased beings are outside of the Sephiroth of the human world (i.e., outside of the box)?
I'm guessing it's off this, but I still don't understand how that would work 😔 Angels guard the Sephiroth while being outside it?
「セフィロトの樹」はカバラの神秘と奥儀を表したもので、「生命の樹」とも呼ばれている。10個の球体「セフィラ」、3本の柱と22本の径「チャネル」で構成されたこの図形の上には、描かれていないもの=神の叡智そのものがあるとされている。セフィロトの樹は、あくまでも人間の世界を描いたものなのだ。ゆえに、セフィロトの外=異界にいる神や天使といった存在は、人間とは全く格の違う存在であり、たとえ聖人といえどもたどり着けない存在である。この考えは学園都市の目指す「SYSTEM(神ならぬ身にて天上の意志に辿り着くもの)」とも類似するものである。
Even Coronzon should be within the Sephiroth, specifically the Abyss. She's just not part of the surface of the Four Worlds.

Does Qliphah have type 8 immortality reliant on the paths connecting the small universe of the body, mirroring that of the macro universe?
Aleister destroyed her spheres but failed to destroy the pathways connecting them.
Qliphah Puzzle 545.

The translucent demon had a disconcerting hole in her forehead and her limbs
remained weak as she crawled along the dirty road like a bug. Even so, she had not been
thrown out. She had not disappeared. Aleister had failed to fully kill her. Aleister must
have been satisfied with destroying all ten spheres, but the 22 paths were just as
important for the tree of evil. If those remained, she only had to fill in the holes. She
could recover.

However, that work would take a very long time to complete.
“I am a demon, but not from the Qliphoth. I am the Great Demon that dwells in the Abyss
of the Sephiroth. The Sephiroth’s ten Sephirah and twenty-two pathways are also a
conversion table for producing the supernatural by connecting the great universe of the
world with the small universe of the body. Do you feel it? An arm is formed from Chesed
and Gevurah and its five fingers control the five elements. The middle finger controls fire
and the red of blood, which symbolizes the activity of the heart. You made a mistake when
you accepted the rebounding force to measure how much damage you had done, one who
remains in the human realm.”

Seems like AIM is pretty metaphysical if it allows scientists to manipulate heroes and to transfer their own consciousness to such a medium.
“When using the AIM diffusion fields, the students and the fields can influence each
other. That is why a shading computer can be built and why the city’s heroes can be
controlled using it. Can the same really be done with normal air or seawater?”

I don't know where I'm going with all this or what I'm even saying.

I'm guessing it's off this, but I still don't understand how that would work 😔 Angels guard the Sephiroth while being outside it?

Even Coronzon should be within the Sephiroth, specifically the Abyss. She's just not part of the surface of the Four Worlds.
Assiah has its own sephiroth tree (the sephiroth of the human world), and angels who do not belong to the human world cannot be part of the sephiroth of the human world.

We are discussing about acausality, completely different things.
Assiah has its own sephiroth tree (the sephiroth of the human world), and angels who do not belong to the human world cannot be part of the sephiroth of the human world.
Quotes? Because that's strange as ****, that's like saying there are trees inside of trees.

Does Qliphah have type 8 immortality reliant on the paths connecting the small universe of the body, mirroring that of the macro universe?
Aleister destroyed her spheres but failed to destroy the pathways connecting them.
No, that's not type 8 immortality, she is recovering from damage done to her soul (which is structured like a Qliphoth) abd that's about it.

Quotes? Because that's strange as ****, that's like saying there are trees inside of trees.
People use the Tree of Sephiroth to describe their world (with numbers and words). That is, the Sephiroth Tree cannot show the full the world. But at the same time, we know that there is a "global"/"main" hierarchy that shows how Ain rules everything and everyone, dividing humans, angels and gods into ten levels. If the human world has its own sephiroth tree, then the angels and gods must also have their own sephiroth tree. And this was hinted at to in NT17.
"This is bad, Maya!! They're already reaching toward Kamisato-kun's fate!! This will never work without World Rejecter as the gate. They're just letting their emotions get the better of them and they might as well be attempting heart surgery on him with a rusty scalpel! We can't let them do this!!!!!!"

"!?"

But their impatience did not matter.

The cart driving out ahead contained Luca, a complex tangle of Voodoo and piracy, as well as Fran, who had shed her shell as a UFO girl and returned as an unlucky star expert. They had both entered a unique mental state using a special focusing method much like those used by stage actors to get into character.

Their lips were moving. They sent a vibration into the modified hexagram they had carved into the planet.

"The peace of the six points is obtained through the four stages created by combining the great triangle of fire with the great triangle of water. But to achieve the result first and foremost, we seek the secrets of the simplified six points drawn from straight lines. We desire to summon the sun, but cast aside Apollo and retrieve Horus. Know that the world's true image is found in the lost Library of Alexandria!!"

Something changed.

The foundation of the gray steel and concrete city was pulled out.

"Know that Horus is not a mere descendent of dead gods, but the foundation of the forces which shall cleanse the world of the accumulated stains of the cross. Correspondence, correspondence, correspondence. Shake the star which holds the opposing peaks of Da'at and Yesod."

It was like the air had solidified with human killer intent. The extreme mental state much like "getting into character" ruled the dark container yard.

It was all remade into a tranquil sacred ground.

"Distort."

One of the two voices sometimes passed the other, sometimes was passed by the other, and sometimes coincided perfectly with the other.

It was like two different equilateral triangles lining up and moving apart to create a different shape and provide different meaning from moment to moment. The combination of the limited resources called in endless possibility.

"The separate image of the Four Worlds from which power is drawn becomes a different Four Worlds like the moon's reflection in a lake."

Kamijou began to wonder if he should be here.

He had not washed his body, his face, or even his hands. He wondered if he should be standing in this sacrosanct place while so filthy.

"The sun of Horus which shall cleanse the world shall be known by the divine name of Kamisato Kakeru!!"

All the while, wedges were driven into the world.

A supposedly lost name was once more carved powerfully into it.

"Legba Atibon is a frightening being who can surpass even time as the gate to manage all ceremonies. But just as the Qliphoth becomes a powerful compass that points to the truth of the world when used with truly accurate discernment, the curse of the second Aeon can be used as a powerful prism to divide the forces. This shall distort the line to the planet which descends toward the six-pointed star and thus shall substitute the symbols."

There was no obvious light or sound.

But that was only because Kamijou could not see it. Just like the boy on the ground could not perceive the magic circle drawn across the city with gunpowder.

"Bind and strengthen the planetary symbol with the star of power carved into the earth."

Something was changing.

No, it was being intentionally changed by human hands.

Even so, the girls' power must not have been enough because they revealed the existence of a powerful trick up their sleeve.

"The symbol's name is A.A.A."

Finally, even an amateur like Kamijou could detect the change.

One of the metal containers forming a great pyramid began to glow despite its component materials and how thick it was. It was like the north star that guided sailors.

"Just like the endless reflection of opposing mirrors, they overlap like the rings of a powerful tree and provide the power to gaze into the abyss. As the identical symbols approach, have them resonate, just as the slightest breeze can occasionally break a stone bridge and send it plunging into the sea."

What did it look like from above?

It may have been like being trapped in a harmful hallucination after reaching the end of an endless task, such as peering to the very back of the image in opposing mirrors or continually opening a Russian nesting doll until an electron microscope was needed

Or perhaps it was like peering into the depths beyond the deepest depths.

And after they broke through that thick wall, would they find that other boy they needed to drag back up?

"Edward Alexander, aka Crowley, says a great demon never before seen and not mentioned in any holy text can be summoned through a combination of the existing methods. So he said to learn that method and to break through the common view of the world with something that can be found anywhere!!"

A name was spoken.

It was the name of someone who had shaken the world to the point that it was thought he would destroy it.

"Tonight, we shall destroy one of the impossibilities facing the world! Summon the divine name of Kamisato Kakeru with physical form and fix him to Olam Asiyah, the surface of the Four Worlds!!!!!!"

The one about them being outside and thus able to alter humanity's fate:

Kanzaki, looking like her heart would stop beating any second, said, “Angels cannot kill
humans without an order from God, and yet…have you even forgotten that, Power of
God? The number of souls to be judged during the ‘final judgment’ in the New
Testament is decided ahead of time.
You would understand that killing people so
carelessly now would equate to bringing that judgment to ruin! You told us that!”

He felt like he’d heard that from Tsuchimikado before.

He said that God would come down to Earth at the end of the world, then decide on a
case-by-case basis who would go to heaven and who would go to hell. The results were
actually set in stone from the beginning, so if an angel killed people imprudently, then
those results would go wrong or something.

Leaving religious notions behind, the logic was a sort of time paradox. If it killed
someone who was never originally supposed to be killed, their children would never be
born. And then their grandchildren and their great-grandchildren—none of them would
be born. Just like how someone who uses a time machine is a transcender who can bend
history to his will, this angel, who was out of position with the history of mankind, had
the power to change mankind’s future and its ultimate end.

A transcender.

___

It states pretty directly that an angel is outside and can alter the already set in stone future of humanity and its ultimate end.

OMG had a different translation of the same quote, but both say more or less the same thing.
I agree with this personally

What? Not all types of acausality are related to time paradox, literally, i think type 1 is the only one directly related to it and type 2 may be, but 3 and 4 have nothing to do with paradoxes (i think Gabriel fits type 4 more as i said in my first post).

Also, if all beings could change the future everyone would be able to change Shaei's visions...
Free will implies the ability to change the future. Of course that future can be predicted via precog and stuff. But the point is that you don't need acausality to defy precognition. Plenty of shows have visions and people defying them. You don't get Type 4 Acausality for that.

Which again, doesn't matter unless we were talking about type 1 acausality, but we are talking about type 4.
Well, I talked about time paradoxes since that's the closest to Acausality the text mentions. It mentions nothing that implies type 4 at all, as it doesn't mention causality in any way. It mentions no system fo causality, so it can hardly imply an altered one.

Again, not arguing for type 1 and also, do you have any actual proof that it's strictly talking about prophecies? The narration never implies it's talking about a prophecy, if it was the comparison of changing the set events like the way time travel changes the present+future wouldn't make sense nor would the term Transcender.
It's talking about how the number of souls during the future judgement is supposed to already be set in stone. Favourably interpreted, this is a prophecy about how the future would be.

If you want even less ground to stand on, you can also say that maybe god just decided that that should be the number of souls that should exist at the time. In that case, Gabriel is only defying the history god wanted the human world to have. At that point Gabriel is just defying the orders of his boss.

Btw. Rensa is one profile that needs updating still. Another is Sherry for defeating Kuroko unless we wait with that until that next revision changes the stats again. Sherry in turn probably scales to a bunch of othe rmagicians... as does Touma, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Btw. Rensa is one profile that needs updating still. Another is Sherry for defeating Kuroko unless we wait with that until that next revision changes the stats again. Sherry in turn probably scales to a bunch of othe rmagicians... as does Touma, now that I think about it.
Ye, people like Sherry (basically everyone noteworthy in the Joker Tier, Low Tier, and Middle Tier - of course, Rensa is going to be included) is going to be included in my CRT, so best wait for their downgrade which is about to happen in about... at the end of next week at the most, but will probs be here at the middle of next week at the earliest. The former is only in-case IRL stuff comes my way.

Have also decided to drop the ability addition portion of my CRT to centralized its focus towards stats and nothing else, which is making everything much more quicker
[-]
Also, I can't make heads or tails of what Noir is trying to say. Can anybody dumb it down for me?

Free will implies the ability to change the future. Of course that future can be predicted via precog and stuff. But the point is that you don't need acausality to defy precognition. Plenty of shows have visions and people defying them. You don't get Type 4 Acausality for that.
1st, which free will are you referring to? Because i am sure fate has already been proven to exist in Toaru.

2nd, sure i gave the example with Shaei, but why are you focusing on it like if i was trying to give acausality based on it?

3rd, other shows don't matter to what happens in Toaru.
Well, I talked about time paradoxes since that's the closest to Acausality the text mentions. It mentions nothing that implies type 4 at all, as it doesn't mention causality in any way. It mentions no system fo causality, so it can hardly imply an altered one.
I think i can see from where you're coming.

But anyway, Type 4 isn't exclusively about causality, fate is one of and probably the most common way to get type 4, which is merely being outside a system of fate/causality/whatever that controls what happens in the world.
It's talking about how the number of souls during the future judgement is supposed to already be set in stone. Favourably interpreted, this is a prophecy about how the future would be.
Which is contradicted by the fact Gabriel is specifically stated to be able to change the future, not able to defy a prophecy or simply not follow an order.

The narration makes it clear that something (the future and the ultimate end) would actually be modified by Gabriel's actions, it never says something like "anyone could change the final judgement" or whatever.
If you want even less ground to stand on, you can also say that maybe god just decided that that should be the number of souls that should exist at the time. In that case, Gabriel is only defying the history god wanted the human world to have. At that point Gabriel is just defying the orders of his boss.

Okay, what exactly supports this assumption of yours? Give me the quotes saying that Gabriel is simply not following orders.

C'mon, this makes no sense, why comparing it to actual time travel and calling him a transcender in the first place if he was just killing A instead of killing B like his father told him?

He might be referring to this model of the Qabbalah which does structure it like that with 40 concentric circles. idk

Self-sustenance type 1
There was no water or air there.

It was said outer space was filled with as-yet-unseen dark matter or small dust that would
eventually form new astronomical bodies, but they were not dense enough to propagate
sound or voices.

Nevertheless...

“Ho ho.”

He had been drenched in scorching molten rock that easily exceeded one thousand
degrees, he had been exposed to the extremely high voltages of the plasma flow filling a
mass driver, he had experienced the overwhelming air friction from an escape velocity of
over Mach 20, and he had left the atmosphere with nothing to protect him.

The mummy’s entire body was wrapped in tremendous heat, but there was no oxygen for
that heat to create fire. Melting the ice on the comet’s surface scattered quite a few
chemical elements around, but it was still not the same as on the earth’s surface. That was
why the High Priest only glowed brightly like a lightbulb’s filament.

“Uho hoi☆”

And his joking voice overturned those assumptions.

The lack of air kept him from bursting into flames, yet his voice freely propagated through
that airless space.

He could control dirt.

The Magic God known as the High Priest sat in Zen meditation atop a one hundred meter
mass of frozen rock shaped something like a rugby ball.

A Magic God could handle being thrown into space.
Does Kamisatoland have food? Did they need to eat in the Hidden World? If not, is that proof that MGs have type 2 self-sustenance?

Their profiles list limitless stamina in the first two keys, so is it valid to add self-sustenance type 3?
What kind of stamina does this dictate for their third keys? It's currently only listed as superhuman.
“How many more times do you plan on destroying the earth?”

“As many times as it takes. Or we’ll keep doing it forever. We’ve been holding back for so
long out of concern for everyone around us, you see. I doubt a century or even a
millennium is going to be enough to work through all that pent up frustration. Now that
something’s set us off like this, we’ve got a never-ending war of endless explosions on our
hands!”

“...”

“Oh, but we don’t mind. This is an endless world of eternal war and a world where we can
go all out. In a way, that’s one form of paradise.

Resistance to Cosmic Radiation?
They were truly in outer space, but none of the things in the textbooks seemed to apply.
Kamisato did not need a spacesuit, the words of the god next to him reached his ears like
normal, and no concern was given to the heat and radiation that was no longer being
blocked by the earth’s atmosphere. The Magic Gods were insane in everything they did.

Welp, I am about 100% done with the writing portion of my CRT - now, I need to double check my scans, add missing scans (or smth), do some spell checking (will probably laze around on this, tbh), reconsider a bit of my arguments, and then I can post it for all of you to debate with or smth.

Welp, 100% is 100%, and I feel like I have done everything I could for my CRT... Yet, I can't find it in myself to post my CRT, yet, tho. Darn you, my laziness!

I'm not sure if I followed up on this. What did you mean?
The incomplete ceremony is only ever implied to destroy physical matter and nothing about her soul is being destroyed is ever mentioned, no reason to assume her body would resist the destruction when we know Corazon can survive even without a body.
What allows us to conclude/speculate she has a true form?
Did Gabriel have a true form somewhere when it was summoned from heaven and looking to return to heaven?
I think what displayed this far is her true form. Because iirc no narration stating that Gabriel using avatar or something, it's safe to say that her form is that the true form, and it is Telesma beings.
True form as in, her soul while inside the Da'at and all that shit i just call it a true form but i am well aware that they aren't avatars.

Also, yes Gabriel does have a true form which is much more powerful than the incomplete summon that we saw in AF/WW3

Hey, hey, fanta here. Hm. Gotta ask... Has it ever been decided upon on what exactly are Mugino's Meltdowner lasers? Like... Are they particle beams or are they laser (light) beams? Asking since it just popped in my head, and am kinda thinking if it would be useful in determining the speed of her Meltdowner.

Hey, hey, fanta here. Hm. Gotta ask... Has it ever been decided upon on what exactly are Mugino's Meltdowner lasers? Like... Are they particle beams or are they laser (light) beams? Asking since it just popped in my head, and am kinda thinking if it would be useful in determining the speed of her Meltdowner.
Particle beams... I am pretty sure they can be argued/accepted as light speed, given what i saw recently in KN8's profiles (Isao Shinomiya).

Particle beams... I am pretty sure they can be argued/accepted as light speed, given what i saw recently in KN8's profiles (Isao Shinomiya).
That profile looks questionable. Not that I know the details regarding that character, but we really don't give energy beams lightspeed usually lol
And particle beams in real life are never lightspeed. Mugino's beams are made of electrons, which have mass. Nothing with mass can move lightspeed.

Ehhh, saying Mugino's attacks have mass is questionable they are explicitly stated to be in a "middle" state between wave and particle, so we have no idea if they actually have mass.

I thought Light having mass isn't a disqualifying factor for VS Wiki for light-speed lasers anymore, judging from what I hear from CRTs.

There is also this; which I got from this CRT regarding a verse having light-speed characters and whatnot.

As we can see, they fly straight, cut objects clean through, and intensely heat surfaces. However, some of you might state that Penny's lasers show an intense amount of force. That is true. However, as described before, force is no longer a disqualifying factor for VS Wiki. However, to those who still may have issues with it, I point to this article.

"Light carries momentum that can push on an object, but it can also move an object through thermal forces. A new experiment combines both of these effects to manipulate a tiny gold plate that can slide along a tapered optical fiber. The momentum-transfer and thermal forces act in opposite directions, allowing the plate to be driven first one way and then the other."

This article, which was published in a peer-reviewed physics journal, states that light, while not having mass, does have momentum, thus having force.

However, some may state the force produced in the experiment used in the article was minuscule and would not scale to real life. For this accusation, I present this interview with Dr. Anna Lombardi, a professor at the University of Cambridge.

Kerstin - The theory tell us that light does have a little bit of a push but I certainly cannot feel it when I switch on my torch. What's the point of all the theory then?

Anna - While the push of light is so tiny that you don't feel it in everyday life, we can observe it at the nanoscale in the world of the infinitely small. Arthur Ashkin, a scientist working at the Bell Labs in the seventies demonstrated that nanometer and micron sized particles can be accelerated, trapped and manipulated by radiation pressure of a highly focused laser beam.

Nowadays, scientists use light quite literally like optical tweezers to manipulate objects from cells to single atoms

Kirsten - Does that mean that we just need a superpower torch to move the big stuff?

Anna - If as a light source we don't limit ourselves to a simple torch, but we consider the Sun, then the radiation pressure exerted is strong enough to push spacecrafts and even asteroids from their path.

With this statement, we can see that sufficient radiation pressure in space can push large and heavy objects such spacecraft and even asteroids out from their path. Thus, this proves that ,with a strong enough light source, massive objects can be forced back. Before this, Professor Lombardi states:

Anna - The higher the frequency of the light, the larger its momentum and, therefore, a stronger force it can exert. This means that blue light will push you stronger than red light.
End Quote.

There is also this from a Q&A thread from a CGM, KLOL.

"- They Cause Explosions
- They seem to impact physical forces
These are no longer disqualifiers
."

"Pretty much. A beam destroying shit isn't a disqualifier at all as long as it satisfies at least two of the requirements (Reflection, Refraction, being called a beam of light, said to be consisting purely of photons or to be a beam purely made of light, originating from a realistic source like a camera or the Sun, or being called speed of light by reliable sources)."

I think Mugino's Meltdowner fits some of the qualifiers... Now that I think about it, Index's Dragon Breath might as well since in Bakatsuki Translation it is called a beam of light and the Yen-Press Translation it is referred to being composed of photons from my recollection.

Ehhh, saying Mugino's attacks have mass is questionable they are explicitly stated to be in a "middle" state between wave and particle, so we have no idea if they actually have mass.
Electrons in quantum mechanics can be in a wave state and switch back and forth between wave and particle state. The wave does have mass in that case. (has to, due to conservation of mass)
I.e. Waves with mass are a thing in physics and a electron wave would fall under that. Those waves do not travel with speed of light.

I thought Light having mass isn't a disqualifying factor for VS Wiki for light-speed lasers anymore, judging from what I hear from CRTs.

There is also this; which I got from this CRT regarding a verse having light-speed characters and whatnot.

End Quote.
That evidence was rejected in that thread...

There is also this from a Q&A thread from a CGM, KLOL.

"- They Cause Explosions
- They seem to impact physical forces
These are no longer disqualifiers."

"Pretty much. A beam destroying shit isn't a disqualifier at all as long as it satisfies at least two of the requirements (Reflection, Refraction, being called a beam of light, said to be consisting purely of photons or to be a beam purely made of light, originating from a realistic source like a camera or the Sun, or being called speed of light by reliable sources)."

I think Mugino's Meltdowner fits some of the qualifiers... Now that I think about it, Index's Dragon Breath might as well since in Bakatsuki Translation it is called a beam of light and the Yen-Press Translation it is referred to being composed of photons from my recollection.
Please just read the official page on this... There is a difference between not being a disqualifier and being support for something.

Welp, I figured I should say this while I still have the chance - basically, for anybody who plans to do To Aru CRTs - or CRTs in general - I find @DarkDragonMedeus to be fairly active in responding to request to appear in CRTs and showing up; @Just_a_Random_Butler is also pretty consistent on that regard as well; if those two aren't around, then, @Dereck03 is a good person to ask to show up in CRTs; @Emirp sumitpo (and DT as well) is so-and-so in this regard, but irl stuff is irl stuff and of course that stuff is 100% more important that VBW stuff, of course.

Welp, that is all the "advice" I can give with my limited knowledge and experience regarding CRTs around these parts. Very soon, my break via my self-requested ban is about to happen very soon; so see'ya around... I do have discord still, if anybody is interested, so uh... that's that, lel.

Fantasinia Of Chaldea#2392

So, I decided to finally fully read the second arc of the Accelerator manga.

As a result I have to ask: Why do we pretend like Tobio Yumi physically tanked this? She is clearly shown to use an air shield for defense. (Chapter 46 for those who want full context)

Back