• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To Hunt a Beast - Monster Hunter vs The Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
The Hunter senses a disturbance in the New World. Upon investigating, he finds a large crater, with a single humanoid creature at its center. The creature agitated the wildlife and they vacated the area out of primal instinct. The Hunter readied his blade, knowing that if he doesn't stop the creature, it could mean a colossal shift in the ecosystem.

High 6-A versions and Hunter starts off with the Nergigante Greatsword. Speed equalized. Win via SBA.

The Beast
KushalaArm

So the Hunter has Nergi weapon, does it matter what armor? The Nergigante weapons only notable trait as far as this goes is Dragon Element, meaning elemental power null (ask Shiro for the list of what exactly this nulls).

1. Does Hunter have radiation resistance

2. What is his AP

3. Does he resist matter Manipulation

4. Can he fly

I can't debate too much due to work+College, so I'll try to debate as best I can.

1. probably gonna have to ask Shiro for that one, I've only played World.

2. High 6-A last I checked is >baseline scaling from Xeno.

3. Yes, on profile.

4. Sort of. With the right Mantle he (or she) can use winds to fly. They also possess a grapple-hook type thing specialized in taking the Hunter to an enemy (including a flying one) or in just bringing flying enemies to the ground.

1. Got it

2. Beast probably one shots in that case as he's 2 Exatons for destroying the Moon.

3. Got it.

4. This isn't relevant do to number 3 but got it.

2. Could be.

4. Okey-dokey.

Okay so what's Hunters leading move, and how does he protect himself from the hundreds of kilometers to planetwide explosion Beast starts with.

Dragon Element power nulls the smarter you are.

Hunter's leading move is the typical RPG thing which means "dunno lol". There are things which would be obviously smarter (flash-podding the flying thing to blind it and bring it to the ground). After that, traps such as shock and tranq or just... hitting.

With this weapon the weapon has Dragon Element which effectively hits you harder the smarter you are and the Nergal Judicator (the actual name of the weapon) has very high Elderseal, meaning elemental abilities get nuked on impact.

Schnee One said:
Okay so what's Hunters leading move, and how does he protect himself from the hundreds of kilometers to planetwide explosion Beast starts with.
Counters include making him blast proof (not relevant if AP difference is that big, but if it is, this will just be a stomp either way) and Ghillie Mantle, which provides stealth that bypasses severely good enhanced senses.

Beast is pretty smart in the current timeline but it's unknown how smart he is in the old one.

In the old timeline (Version we're using here) he's kinda this rampaging beast that just kills shit cause it's there, at least that was how it was portrayed

I could give Hunter the Zorah armour since it give him resistance to blast damage if it makes it any fairer

I could just use High 6-C Beast and Low 6-B Hunter.

@Schnee One

Hit an opponent a lot of times.

Hunter's Power Null is weak,it requires a lot of beating and lasts for a very short time.

So.

Beast is Hundreds of times stronger and one shots with Huntet having zero way to do meaningful damage

Uhh

Change Beast to Fiamma if Bambu doesn't have anything else to say.

Dzhindzholia said:
@Schnee One
Hit an opponent a lot of times.

Hunter's Power Null is weak,it requires a lot of beating and lasts for a very short time.
Just throwing this out there- this is more an effect of the monsters/gameplay loop than anything. Re-closing this, just wanna clear that particular thing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back