• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To continue the Iihiko Spam. Iihiko vs Ikki

Well Ikki has the aura of fear, will, paralysis and perception. (He also has fate, and death stuff, but iihiko b slaps those).

I'll let people argue before explaining the whole situation here. I'll message in 10-15 min or so. Feel free to argue why x character wins until then.

EmperorDoom25 said:
If Iihiko doesnt recognizes, it wont work
True that's the idea, what makes you think he won't recognize it though? I mean as i said some abilities do force recognition in general, what makes you think this is not one of those?

He has resistance to perception manipulation tho (I mean, its listed on his profile). Also, if its a passive, then Iihiko wouldn't even know said ability is ocurring, thus pretty much not recognizing

Ok i'll stop stalling this xD.

Ikki's fear manip will work. Ikki's fear manip comes from his aura, he has such an intense aura that people who feel this aura are scared of the fighter. Iihiko is not safe from this as it's not the aura that's haxing him, it's feeling the aura that is giving him the impression that no matter what he cannot win against his opponent, fear comes from his own mind so he will be recognizing it.

Furthermore, when Iihiko fought Medaka, he dodged her punch because "he was scared tanking that punch" which just proves my point that fear is not something he cannot ignore because it exists soley because he recognizes it.

EmperorDoom25 said:
Yeah, Iihiko dodged Medaka's attack because it was a punch, which means an attack that could be recognized. Fear manip is not an actual attack tho.
No he dodged Medaka's attack cus he was scared of tanking her hit. It would hurt if he did tank that, yes he did recognize the attack beforehand (on his own free will), but the fear is not the same as the attack. He was scared of the attack, nothing to recognize about his own fear.

The fear manip is not an attack, yes, it's more like pressure. It's like seeing some dude who's like 4x3 in size and just came out of the gym. Yes he's not attacking but just being around him is scary cus you feel like the dude could just finger flick you out of existence, even though you've never seen how strong he is, just being around him is scary. Rakudai has this similar concept but as an actual ability. The fear hax works precisely because you understand and feel the aura.

So yeah the aura will be forcing recognition.

Doesn't Medaka have similar fear manip?

I get that hers is animal-only but I feel like Medaka box has a few sources of fear manip auras.

Agnaa said:
Doesn't Medaka have similar fear manip?
I get that hers is animal-only but I feel like Medaka box has a few sources of fear manip auras.
Nah, Medaka's is not as much fear as it is respect and love, but yeah similarly. And that still didn't stop Iihiko from being scared of Medaka's attack (just looking at her attack induced fear on him), similarly here, just feeling the aura will make Iihiko too scared to fight.

While Ihiko might get scared of Ikki we have never seen him back down from a fight before. He would likely be extremely wary of Ikki but we are talking about a guy with 5000 years of combat experience. If Ihiko lands anything he is going to one shot. Even if it's just him running away and shooting elastic bands. The people Ikki used his fear aura on where scared but still fought him didn't they?

Depends, Kurono who tried to fight a Desperado broke down (could barely hold her guns straight and couldn't shoot, because the thought of "if i fight now, im not going to win" was overwhelming her). Which is why willpower manip is also in there.

Fear manip will not necessarily work. After all Unknown Hero works by having people passively block him out of their minds, yet it did not work on Iihiko. I am not sure I agree it would work.

Although, this does make me wonder how certain cognitohazards would interact with him

Unknown hero is different. Unknown hero doesn't work by understanding. Whereas ikki s fear does. It works precisely because you understand fear. As we've seen iihiko does understand fear.

Iihiko has never demonstrated fear

He dodged medaka's punch because it allowed him to see it and make it not work

Paul Frank said:
Iihiko has never demonstrated fear

He dodged medaka's punch because it allowed him to see it and make it not work
Nope he dodged specifically because he feared her punch. He recognized her punch so he was scared of taking it on. Same thing here recognizing ikki as a being would make iihiko too scared to fight because he will know that taking ikki on is not sth he can do.

He dodged it because he chose to recognize it and knew it would affect him

He never planned to let it hit him in the first place his goal was always to recognize then dodge it so it could never work again he showed no signs of fear the entire time

Not by a long shot. His plan was to make medaka surrender. He recognized her attack (the ap) then feared the effects this ap would have on his body. He never planned to dodge, he dodged cus he was too scared to take the hit. Iihiko is the legendary hero, he would never go back on his word unless he really had to do so. In this case, fear of the result.

Ikki has the same. Anyone who thinks about fighting him is instantly paralyzed in fear because they feel that ikki is way out of their league.

Iihiko didn't fear the attack he just dodged

Kumagawa even says they were stupid for believing him Iihiko has never shown to be honorable so him lying is not beneath him he literally sneak attacks medaka once he possesses hansode

Well he would still be overwhelmed. He would feel that Ikki is just too strong for him and that if he does anything the fight will break out, a fight he knows he cannot win.

@Paul About the He intended to dodge and playing unfair.

http://fanfox.net/manga/medaka_box/v21/c180/1.html#ipg6 (Iihiko saying is that it? Meaning he is disappointed, and he has no reason to dodge it)

http://fanfox.net/manga/medaka_box/v21/c180/1.html#ipg7 (It isn't worth any of Iihiko's fear, which means Iihiko can experience fear)

http://fanfox.net/manga/medaka_box/v21/c180/1.html#ipg8 (Iihiko was going to take on medaka's hit, then he gets surprised by the sudden manouver)

http://fanfox.net/manga/medaka_box/v21/c180/1.html#ipg14 (Iihiko then dodges her attack, due to the fear of the sudden strike, you can even look at Iihiko's reaction/facial expression, he didn't mean to dodge the attack, he was forced to do so, he was scared of taking on that hit)

Iihiko can feel fear (as stated by the narrator himself) and he did feel fear.

Blackcurrant91 said:
I dunno. Is the answer to beating Ihiko really just fear manip? I get what you mean though.
Not all types of fear manip though. There are some that work via mind manip. Ikki's is a bit special because it works by the opponent understanding and recognizing your aura. So Ikki is the cause of this fear, but he didn't directly create it. It is Iihiko that creates that idea in his own mind after looking at Ikki.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
For the love of God, post your scans in either imgur or discord, because those links expire fast and take forever to load to begin with
Make me. xD

I guess i was just kind of lazy tbh. xD

Blackcurrant91 said:
Honestly Ihiko looks more suprised then scared in those scans. He doesn't say he is scared either.
If he were just surprised and not scared he would not have dodged. The surprise scared him, there would be no reason for him to dodge an attack like that right after he was complaining about how lame it is, if he were not scared of taking it on.

Back