• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TLoZ Low Tier revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No opinion right now, but it might be worth noting that Wizzrobes' durability probably wouldn't scale to their AP, regardless. They're extremely squishy, can't properly fight back if you get into melee range with them (forcing them to teleport), and take a few seconds to charge the specific move that's being calced.

Of course, this doesn't apply to most things drastically beyond Wizzrobes (Lynels, Hinox, etc.), but just putting it out there, as it offers reason as to why beings well below Tier 6 can still hurt/kill them.

If hylian soldiers defeating guardians is considered outlier, I'm okay with the upgrade. Should be noted that the ones that are afraid of bokoblins are just normal hylians, not hyrulean soldiers, that were completely wiped out by Calamity. And according to aLttP there's a difference between the two

So, if I got this right, this scale to Gohma, King Dodongo, all the guys who scale from him (basically all low-tier except maybe someone), basically the entire Hyrule Warriors cast, Child Link and MM and OoT's bosses, right?

Don't forget Dark Link, Zelda II Link, the Wind Fish, the Shadow Nightmares, Twinrova, Veran, Onox, weak af Ganon, and a few others here and there.

Anything that's not a miniboss (or a Darknut). Hylians who aren't named Link or Zelda (sometimes) won't scale at all.

Then I still think it's an outlier, sorry.

It is ridiculously high for a Miniboss, specially one that's rather weak and squishy. The event's implications obviously didn't occur to anyone, not even as a vague demonstration of power, and should be ignored.

I mean, it wouldn't scale to a Wizzrobe's durability, just their magical prowess, which is comparable to some stronger minibosses' physical prowess.

Also, low tier early game bosses (that eventually become normal enemies less threatening than Wizzrobes [lookin' at you, Dodongo]) have High 7-A feats with their stomachs alone, and half of the bosses in Majora's Mask are High 6-C via existing, with one of Link's middling weapons in ALTTP being 6-B.

Dodongos eat Link's bombs, which were calculated at High 7-A. Keep in mind that there's nothing special about these bombs. In Classic!Zelda, they were downgraded to normal enemies after dungeon 2 (and even then, there needed to be three of them to classify as a boss)

Funny enough, the two bosses in Majora's Mask with the feats of High 6-C don't have profiles. Best I can do is link Twinmold, Odolwa, and Link (Majora's Mask).

On the OBD, there's a 6-B feat of Link's medallions doing something to Misery Mire. I don't think that one was transferred over.

>High 7-A bombs

Are you sure you are going about classic tiny bombs and not like, the bomb nuke from Hyrule Warriors? Where's the calc.

Also, Normal Enemy Dodongos =/= Boss Dodongo, that is obvious. The fact that the feat scales to King Dodongo doesn't help your case.

Okay on the High 6-C stuff, but why should that scale to all bosses?

It's not just boss Dodongos though, given that in Zelda for the NES, it was normal Dodongos (hell, Dodongos and bombs became a meme). I only linked King Dodongo because he's the only one with a profile. Also, here's the calc, btw. The game was Phantom Hourglass.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Why should the boat bombs scale to Link's hand thrown bombs?
Because the boat bombs are Link's normal bombs. The normal bomb count decreases when it's used.

This is also a fact. Not all bosses are equal. You can't use in-game stats to scale as they are based for balance, not lore most of the time.

Pretty sure there's never been a single stat screen in a Zelda game before BotW (then again, I could be taking what Matt said out of context and applying semantics to it)

Seven-year-old Gorons have High 7-A durability, by the way (canonically, you must bomb Goron Link, who isn't even hurt bad from it), so the low tiers having stupid feats like this isn't completely out of the blue.

The real cal howard said:
Pretty sure there's never been a single stat screen in a Zelda game before BotW (then again, I could be taking what Matt said out of context and applying semantics to it)
No, my dude. All game have stats, even if hidden. That's how the game is coded so that some enemies do more damage.

A lot of the time it is gameplay for balance.

Saying that the first bosses are weaker than the late ones (or at least comparable) is not gameplay mechanic. Otherwise Link would stomp any other boss

It may seem strange, but beginning of Ocarina of Time Link is not comparable to his Adult nor his Majora Mask self.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
DarkAnine recalc'd it to Large Island level in which Kep agreed with Dark, so that's one more note.
I was correcting Darkanine, not agreeing with him.

This feat is still an outlier since the true result is 6-B, as I said above.

The calc that puts tiny bombs at High 7-A came from Phantom Hourglass, and is consistent with other Tier 7 feats from the same bombs.

Well, for the record, I don't think Low 6-B is all that much of an outlier if they have pretty casual High 7-A and 6-C feats.

I don't think it's an outlier.

Kinda off-topic as we're discussing Zelda fodder, but what tiers would normal Hylians and Hylian soldiers be? I mean, Link does some impressive feats at start game and no one is ever surprised, like when Zelda isn't surprised to hear he crossed an entire country on foot and then asks him to do that again in OoT. When Link was 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back