• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tintin TNT feat/Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. I took notice to the TinTin surviving TNT feat and see issue on it being too low. An entire crates worth of TNT being only wall level is heavily heavily weakening the feat. 1 stick is 1 megajoule as brought up in the Feat. And Crates tend to carry several of these. 10 to 20 is enough to get a Wall+ status. And 22 is enough to get into small building being 0.00525813 tons of TNT. And for reference on some sizes. I looked up a few dynamite crates

IMG 6697
The sticks we see gives us a good idea as TNT sticks are similar in size and shape. This holds from counting alone around 10 to 11

IMG 6698
8 1/4 Inches heigh. 12 3/8 Wide. And for reference. Dynamite is 20 cm (8 in) long and about 3.2 cm wide.

IMG 6699
Another box holding several Dynamite sticks

So tanking an entire crate of them. I think this needs to be bump up from wall. Crates at least carry enough to justify a + and should probably get more into Small building

Wall+. 9-A Tintin doesn't sit well with me, and his other feats lend me towards lowballing this.

Do we have any idea of how close the TNT was to Tintin? If so, do we need to apply Inverse-Square?

He seemed to be right next to it. He was inside a tank. And it was cause one of them dropped a match. Meaning they had to be basically next it likely.!

And there is another feat I know he has. The first literal comic he was in, he survive an explosion that destroyed 10 train carts

I suppose so, although it may be an outlier.

What is our use in the Tintin comics? I know the old ones looked very different (black and white and different style). But do we consider that one the same tin tin?

All of the comics written by Herge are probably in continuity, unless you have further information regarding the subject.

Alright. I bring this up only cause I remember the very first comic Tintin ever had. He survives a bomb which destroyed a few train carts (albeit they were smaller ones than a usual one). But with that kind of feat. Plus surviving an avalanche. I think a + status isn't so far fetched.

Wall level+ seems okay, but Small Building level wouldn't be bad if you can find more feats on that level.

In a bit. After I get my other calc and page up. I could actually look into the train cart feat here. Get an exact number too.

OK what the hell LOL

That could lead to higher results than 9-A tho.

I do not think that this comic has been referenced in any later stories, so it may have to be considered as a draft/under development version.

From what I'm told. It's just the first comic for him. Like first ever. But that's simply what I'm told about it.

I still think Wall+ isn't too far fetched for tintin. Tho if you think it's outlier and can't be used. It should be taken off his durability then. And I probably won't calc this feat even if it is canon since it's probably gonna get some higher result than the TNT.

I think that it seems like an outlier, yes.

That shark feat doesn't look like 9-B justification to me. The noses of sharks are always a weak point. But I am perfectly ok with 9-B Tintin all things considered. He has more than enough justification

So what should we use as justification for a 9-B rating?

Him defeating a tiger and surviving a car crash, which are already on his profile.

Okay. Thanks.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back