• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time + Space Manipulation Revision/Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Professor Oh that? That's simple because apparently, Absolute Zero (in a fictional sense) allows the user to be able to freeze anything (depending on the level of the user). Yes, I mean anything and it looks like Esdeath can affect Time itself and Space around her using that ability somehow.

He's frozen because time and space are 'stopped'. Distance does only hold meaning if time is set above 0, but if a character has resistance to time stop that means their time would never get set to 0, and that's where the space stop aspect comes in.

@Magi absolute zero cannot stop gravity lol.

Isn't it convinent when a character can bypass your time stop, but your space lock prevents them from bypassing your "stopped world" any further, though?

Do you see what I mean now

There's no such thing. There is such a thing as locking someone to prevent them from reacting to a Time Stop. "Space and Time Stop", however, is 100% redundant.

I didn't say you lock them from reacting to a time stop. I said you have a spatial lock put on them anyways so even if they have resistance to time manipulation, they cannot move anway. It's what I've been saying this entire thread.

Space and Time Stop is not redundant when a character has time resistance, but not spatial resistance wtf.

Kepekley, what professor is asking is:

Look at this video, it's time stamped for your convenience

https://youtu.be/mBBKLYCvF6o?t=274

Now, see how Archer is in that area of immobilised space?

Image that is someone with resistance to time stop in there, but they do not have resistance to spatial manipulation, hence why they are trapped in there.

Time is now stopped on top of that area of immobilised space.

Can the person move?

@Professor Like I said, it depends on the level of the user (Absolute Zero in fiction affecting gravity is possible if you can affect any concepts or any fundamental forces with the ability if you're powerful enough) and not everyone can use Absolute Zero to affect specific forces or concepts.

@Monarch

If they are able to move in stopped time via resisting it, and the spatial lock is not a hax that forcefully keeps them stuck to position, yes. Otherwise, which is what appears to be in the video, they wouldn't.

Spatial lock is a hax that forcefully keeps them stuck in position.

So no, they wouldn't resist it.

Is your question answered Professor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back