• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time-manipulation/Time-Stop range revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for helping out. 🙏
So what currently has been accepted all over:-
  • Range of time manipulation would be default to universal unless shown or stated otherwise.
  • time manipulation via gravity manipulation will be assumed to be localised rather than default to have universal range unless stated or shown.
  • time manipulation via pocket dimensions won't be assumed to have universal range unless shown/stated.
So is somebody here willing to apply these changes?

Thank you for helping out. 🙏

So is somebody here willing to apply these changes?
I can apply the changes but since we are talking about time abilities, I think the time manipulation and the time stop, time travel and precog by time manipulation pages should be merged into one.
Time stop and the likes are a variant of time manipulation, it does not need it's own page.

Or should a new thread be created for the merge, if so you will need to unlock, the time manipulation page and the time stop page.

Okay. So ig that changes can be applied when a time stop and time manp merge will happen, but before that I have asked @ImmortalDread for the wording/grammer stuff in accepted revision, after she provides the wording, this thread can be closed.

I can apply the changes but since we are talking about time abilities, I think the time manipulation and the time stop, time travel and precog by time manipulation pages should be merged into one.
Time stop and the likes are a variant of time manipulation, it does not need it's own page.

Or should a new thread be created for the merge, if so you will need to unlock, the time manipulation page and the time stop page.
Pretty sure that's being handled by the whole "Which Powers and Abilities should be kept and Removed" thread IIRC

Since OP has requested (begged) to work on his draft, this is the last updated one:
By default, the range of time manipulation is considered universal unless explicitly demonstrated or specified otherwise. In the case of time manipulation through gravity manipulation, it will be presumed to have a localized range instead of a universal one unless explicitly stated or demonstrated. Similarly, when utilizing pocket dimensions for time manipulation, it will not be presumed to possess a universal range unless explicitly indicated or shown.

Should this thread be closed and a new one made for merging the pages after the change is applied?

It could work as common types of Time manipulation. Although we probably need to discuss whether resisting time stop would actually grant resistance to other application like rewind and time slow as it was shown in some fiction resisting slow and stop doesn't mean they resist rewind

It does not. It only grant within its scope. No need to assume it resists every type of time manipulation

I recall we already accept resisting time stop also inherently resisting time slow by default (as some verses treat the two as entirely separate abilities for some reason), as much someone that resists Absolute Zero can resist a slightly warmer temperature.

I recall we already accept resisting time stop also inherently resisting time slow by default (as some verses treat the two as entirely separate abilities for some reason), as much someone that resists Absolute Zero can resist a slightly warmer temperature.
Yeah, stopping, reversing, accelerating Time is nothing more than just altering Time flow, in case of resisting any of it should default to all other as they're fundamentally same unless said otherwise.

Well stopping time is technically better than slowing down time; so those who resist time stop inherently resist time slow, but not everyone who resists time slow resists time stop. And time reversal might actually be better than those, but time acceleration is similar to any of those but in the opposite direction.

About merger; Our Time manp currently includes Time reverse, accelerate, fast, forward, stop and Time travel and precognition.

Time Manipulation (sometimes called Chronokinesis) is the ability to control time itself. Examples include time travel, precognition, slowing down time, speeding up time, stopping time, etc. As time and space are connected, many users can also manipulate space.

Shouldn't precognition and Time travel be removed from definition? While in few verses Time manp users are shown to be capable of precog and Time travel (ben 10, MCU), it's still a different ability than Manipulating Time itself, as we don't alter or manipulate Time to time travel or precog, it's entirely a different ability.

Bump.

Aren't ability mergers different from the purpose of OP? Have the range proposals been applied?

Bump.

Aren't ability mergers different from the purpose of OP? Have the range proposals been applied?
It is. Although it was suggested that it can be covered here so no one bothered to apply it (from those I asked), Should I ask them to apply it and close this thread?

It is. Although it was suggested that it can be covered here so no one bothered to apply it (from those I asked), Should I ask them to apply it and close this thread?
Sure. We can focus on the ability merger stuff on the "Which abilities to keep and remove" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back