• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiering System Revision (Tier 4-C and up)

(made some edits for clarity)

This is a serious post, but I'm absolutely not expecting this content revision to take place. I was looking through the current Tiering System, and checking out the changes being made to the current one at the higher tiers, and I thought the current tiering system was largely fine but a bit strange at places. So, I decided to revise the tiering system to something I think is a bit more natural/intuitive.

My Revised Tiering System:

Low 4-C is axed
4-C now encompasses Low 4-C up to 4-B (small star to solar system)
High 4-C is the same as the current tiering system's 4-A (multi solar system)
4-B is the same as the current tiering system's 3-C (galaxy)
High 4-B is added, and is the same as the current tiering system's 3-B
4-A is the same as the current tiering system's 3-A

---

Tier 3 is where things start getting more interesting
I have 3-C defined as "possessing an infinite amount of physical power" (intentionally slightly vague). This roughly puts it at the current tiering system's High 3-A.
High 3-C is added; it describes characters who can affect more than 3 spatial dimensions. So, anywhere from 4 to infinity+. This doesn't really correspond to any tier in the current system
3-B is like the current system's Low 2-C, except that the current Low 2-C only considers a character which can affect 3 spatial plus 1 temporal dimension. I define my 3-B as the ability to destroy/create a single timeline or temporal dimension. My reasoning for putting this above my 3-C, is that if you can destroy/create an entire timeline, then you also destroy the space along with it. Regardless of how many spatial dimensions are flowing through time in a given universe.
High 3-B is new and encompasses tiers 2-B to 2-A, while including my definition of 3-C
3-A I have defined as the ability to affect additional dimensional axes superior to space & time. And that includes up to an infinite number of infinitely many different types of dimensional axes. For example, an infinite hierarchy of ephemeral god-inhabited dimensions beyond space&time, each existing beyond the next. I believe this is roughly the same as the current system's 1-B or High 1-B.

---

Tier 2 is the tier I'm the least proud of. Not sure how to improve it.
2-C is now the same as the community revised 1-A, I believe. Basically, the idea is that you fundamentally transcend all of reality and whatever different dimensions it may consist of. They become effectively irrelevant to you by some means. Maybe all of your reality is just your elaborate dream and you exist on a higher plane, or maybe you're the author of reality, etc.

2-B is now encompassed by the current 1-A (I think). For 2-B, my idea is that you do the whole "transcending reality" thing more than once, and this would cap at transcending reality infinitely many times. Ideally this character should be able to transcend reality at will, not merely exist transcended a bunch of times.

2-A is the current system's 1-A+ (I think). So for this you transcend an infinite hierarchy of reality transcendings. So, it's not enough to sit at the top of this hierarchy. You must transcend it altogether.
High 2-A is also encompassed by the current 1-A+, I believe. My definition of it is that you do the whole transcending shtick some transfinite ordinal amount of times. [THE REST OF THIS PARAGRAPH ISN'T NECESSARY; FEEL FREE TO SKIP IT] Because we're transcending to higher and higher layers, an ordinal hierarchy is created. For example: A character transcends an infinite hierarchy of realities, but then they find themselves in a new hierarchy. So they work their way up and transcend that hierarchy too. They proceed to transcend an infinite number of these infinite hierarchies, and find themselves to in fact be in an infinite hierarchy of infinite hierarchies of infinite hierarchies. This would still put them on the hilariously low end of High 2-A in my revised tiering system. I believe it somewhat corresponds to the ordinal number w^3. You would need to have some insane recursive loops of saying "transcends" and "hierarchies" just to get anywhere close to w^w. Or, you can have a cleverly defined cosmology. And of course, this extends to even higher ordinals which are insane to reach.

---

Hopefully you aren't bored from reading that block of text.
My 1-C is similar to the current High 1-A. I define it as "existing in a state not definable under ZFC". This includes inaccessible cardinal-type things. I think it could also maybe include things that can create/modify truth values to be neither true nor false (many-valued logic), so long as they don't create a logical contradiction.

My 1-B isn't analogous to a current tier. I define it as "existing as some fundamental logical truth(s)". For example, you are the idea that 3 = 3. This is a pretty immutable being, so I figured it ought to be very powerful.

My 1-A is the same as the community's revised Tier 0. The difference between my Tier 1-A and Tier 1-B, is that multiple Tier 1-B characters can exist (imagine "2 equals 2" and "(A is B) and (B is C) implies (A is C)" getting along and being friends), and they can have different properties, while tier 1-A is totally immutable.

---

Tier 0 is easily my boldest change. I define it as any character which either: does not exist/has no properties, OR a character whose nature is a fundamental logical contradiction. This makes Tier 0 a nice garbage tier to toss in everything that gets defined haphazardly. Anything that is "beyond description" is Tier 0, because it has just been described, and so it's contradictory & meaningless. Anything that can set True = False or 0 = 1 can also go here. Anything that both exists and does not exist can go here. I hope this tier can be flexible too, as it could be used to trash any iteration of a character that has some contradictory nonsense. This tier I'm sure would be excellent for various SCPs, or whatever else has notoriously illogical explanations of power level.

END

Anyway I'm quite new here and I don't really understand most of what goes on, so this is a total newcomer perspective on this. I'm sure everyone and their grandma has already thought of a way to revise the tierlist, and that it's become a tired talking point, but hopefully I put in enough effort into this one. Let me know what you all think!

Last edited:
The main reasons the tiering splits are made in the first place is for profiling purposes. Its why only 4D has three tiers devoted to it while everything else only has one, but a lot more people are universal to multiversal compared to 5D or whatever. Your suggestion would like, ultra-bloat everything since they'd be tiers with a couple thousand people in it.

Also some of these have contradicting definitions. Like 3-B would be 1-B or High 1-B by your definition when you're only listing it as 4D.

The main reasons the tiering splits are made in the first place is for profiling purposes. Its why only 4D has three tiers devoted to it while everything else only has one, but a lot more people are universal to multiversal compared to 5D or whatever. Your suggestion would like, ultra-bloat everything since they'd be tiers with a couple thousand people in it.

Also some of these have contradicting definitions. Like 3-B would be 1-B or High 1-B by your definition when you're only listing it as 4D.
that makes sense. I have no idea how many characters have which qualities.

there aren't any contradicting definitions, or the way I've communicated it is weird. The way I see it, a single temporal dimension should intuitively supersede any number of spatial dimensions, which is why I list it above my High 3-C (infinite spatial dimensions). More specifically, I define my 3-B as the ability to wholly create or destroy a timeline. To me, if a character can do this then it's likely that they necessarily are also able to wholly create or destroy up to an infinite amount of spatial dimensions. I likened my 3-B to the current Low 2-C, but I can see how that is misleading so I'll change that

Back